SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 06-25-2020, 02:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sagex and Categories.

Looking for some assistance with a Sagex and Categories. I have been trying to figure this out for a few days now and not getting anywhere as Im not sure if its Sagex or how I’m sending the Categories.

I have been playing around with Python and Sagex to crate some custom shows using the AddShow API. In the API it states the following for Categories.

Categories - an array of the categories of the Show (should be genre for music)

No matter what I try to send Array or list via Sagex. I keep getting the following in the STV logs.

sagex Request Helper: Unhandled object in parameters: <What ever put in the Categories option>

My questions are:-

How do you send an Array via Sagex? (),{},[] or neither?

What should I be sending for Categories as its not really documented anywhere?

For example if I just want to assign ‘News’ as a Category do I just send ‘News’ or do I need to add anything else?

Just to add the show is added, just the Categories information is missing. I do want to started adding the PeopleList and RolesListForPeopleList but baby steps, as I need to sort this issue out first.

Cheers

Dean
Old 06-26-2020, 04:29 AM
SageTVaholic

I just did a quick look at the source code, and I don't think sagex rest apis support arrays as in an input parameter for a command. It's likely an oversight, in that the APIs are mostly used to get data and while is can send requests, likely, arrays an input arg hadn't been encountered.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ok thank you for the reply.

Guess my idea is a none starter then. Unless I switch this part over to Java or use XMLTV. XMLTV is what I wanted to avoid.

Anyone got any information on how Categories should be formatted when using the AddShow API?

Is it just a case of {“Cat1”,”Cat2”} or {“Cat1 , Cat2”}. I have seen information using a mixture of / and , for main and sub-categories.

Cheers

Dean