SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
neil,

Noticed a small item on Malore's plug-in..... When you go to Malore's SageTV recordings, the left arrow (mouse button) doesn't show up. If you CTL-LEFT ARROW, it returns when going back to the main menu.
Also noticed on Malore's SageTV recordings that most of the graphics at the top of the screen are also gone (Sage logo, Date & Time and the graphical lines)
Old 08-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
[*]Bypassed internal Setup/Schedule/Library/Search menus, so you should never see them -- you have to modify your menu.xml to specify these menus yourself -- the default menu.xml has been updated to do this...[/list]
so this is why i can't get into setup anymore!! anyway you can post a menu.xml file that has this put back in for those that want the setup access? i tried adding a hook to an internal screen for setup but it just says it can't find it (or something like that). i'm not too strong on xml
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-09-2005, 01:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
so this is why i can't get into setup anymore!! anyway you can post a menu.xml file that has this put back in for those that want the setup access? i tried adding a hook to an internal screen for setup but it just says it can't find it (or something like that). i'm not too strong on xml
Thanks
JUC
the full setup menu is included in the default menu.xml
Also I made this feature optional.. I cant remember whether its a detailed setup item, or a properties file value (nielm/dynamic_main_menu/something)
Old 08-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Sage Icon

weird---last time i checked, after i installed your most recent update of the import, if I clicked on Setup---nothing happened? I just reinstalled my whole system so let me check tonight and see what happens now. Really strange though and most likely something I did wrong unpacking it or something...
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 08-09-2005, 01:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
weird---last time i checked, after i installed your most recent update of the import, if I clicked on Setup---nothing happened? I just reinstalled my whole system so let me check tonight and see what happens now. Really strange though and most likely something I did wrong unpacking it or something...
JUC
the defautl menu.xml is a separate download (to prevent people trashing their old menu.xml files)

The properties file item is:
nielm/disable_internal_submenu
set to false to allow internal submenus to appear.

And finally, the appropriate section from the menu.xml for the setup menu... you can add the named internal screens to a new submenu if you don't like editing XML
Code:
    <subMenuItem
      title="Setup Menu"
      icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_setup.png">
      <menu title="Setup Menu">
        <option>showrecschedwidget</option>
        <option>showdiskspacewidget</option>
        <internalScreenMenuItem
          title="Configuration Wizard"
          icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_setup_wiz.png"
          screen="Configuration Wizard - Home"/>

<internalScreenMenuItem
          title="Source Setup"
          icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_setup.png"
          screen="Setup Wizard - Summary Page"/>

<internalScreenMenuItem
          title="Parental Controls"
          icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_parental.png"
          screen="Parental Controls SHORTCUT"/>

<internalScreenMenuItem
          title="Detailed Setup"
          icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_detailed_setup.png"
          screen="Detailed Setup"/>

<actionMenuItem
          title="Toggle Full Screen"
          icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_fullscreen.png">
          <actionList>
            <sageCommand command="Full Screen"/>
          </actionList>
        </actionMenuItem>

<internalScreenMenuItem
          title="System Information"
          icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_sysinfo.png"
          screen="System Information"/>

<actionMenuItem
         title="Back to Main Menu"
         icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_back.png">
          <actionList>
            <sageCommand command="Left"/>
          </actionList>
        </actionMenuItem>

</menu>
    </subMenuItem>
Old 08-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Sage Icon

thanks, I will take a look at my menu.xml file and see what is up. Not sure why it would do that but I am guessing with my clean install i won't have that problem--here's hoping anyway.

Old 08-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Dynamic Menus
I love the way you did that Neilm. It was a little confusing to figure it out but now I have the old menus completely bypassed with your new menu.xml file and it works a treat. I've been running on it for a few days now with no problems
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 08-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

IMDB Search on sub-title

Nielm,

I live in the Netherlands and back here some channels have a tendency to put the title of movie into the xmltv sub-title field and put a common name in the title field, e.g.
title: "Cinema 3" , sub-title: "Lilja 4-ever" or
title: "KRO Filmtheater", sub-tile: "The golden bowl"

Now since the IMDBSearch function searches for the title field, it fails to show the correct info for such programmes.
Do you think it would be possible to provide some way to choose between
title and sub-title when doing a IMDB Search from the detailed program info screen?

Thanks
Old 08-18-2005, 03:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is there anyway to read all of an article in Sage or does it HAVE to open up the web browser? If so what do you guys use? Firefox, IE??? Just curious

Last edited by phantomfsoc; 08-18-2005 at 03:52 AM.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfsoc
Is there anyway to read all of an article in Sage or does it HAVE to open up the web browser? If so what do you guys use? Firefox, IE??? Just curious
I guess you mean the RSS newsreader... Yes, you have to read it in a browser... There is no way that I could write a HTML parser that would work in all news sites to get the article text and display it in a reasonable sized font within Sage...

For web-browsing on the Tv I use Opera...
Why:
  • Perfect web-page zooming allows making fonts big enough to read
  • 'User mode' stylesheet override allows white on black color override at a key press
  • true fullscreen mode
  • and if all else fails: small screen viewing mode: reworks webpage to make it fit onto a small screen (eg mobile handset)...
All of this is controlled by my remote through girder...
Old 08-18-2005, 12:51 PM
SageTVaholic

I followed the intructions to install dynamic menu at the begining of this thread. However, when I load that STV, many of the menu items give errors saying: "Error: Unknown internal screen". I loaded this STV on top of a clean installation of SageTV 3.0.7

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Administrator

You may have already done this correctly, but since the import process changed in v3.0.7 (see bottom of the v3.0.7 notes), I thought I would ask: did you change the extension to .stvi and import it into a copy of the default STV, or did you load the dynamic menu system as the main STV?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Nielm, Great stuff as always...
Old 08-18-2005, 01:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Andy, my bad. I now know how to correctly load an "stvi" Thanks!
Old 08-19-2005, 01:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Nielm,

I have trouble getting the 'default padding' to work in v3.0.7

I have used this plugin in 2.2.8 and wanted it again in 3.0.7, but i can't seem to load it.
I have downloaded your version for use in V3.stv. However, when i want to import it there, Sagetv complains that it is not allowed to import any stvi plugins into V3.stv. I pops up a window that asks to make a copy of the V3.stv and then import it or what not. I have done something like that. I have copied the V3 directory and gave it another name, tried the import from that copy (while it was the active stv), but still no go. I must be doing something stupid, but perhaps you can give me some help with this

Henk99
XP Pro SP2, SageTV v5.02.90, Athlon XP 3000+ (FSB 333 MHz), 2GB DDR RAM PC3200, 36 GB Western Digital Raptor, 200 GB Western Digital harddrive, Asus Radeon 9600 XTR, Plextor PX-708 8x DVD-/+RW, Pioneer 120S 48x CD-RW, PVR 150 MCE (2). Hauppauge MVP.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:14 AM
Administrator

See my comments a few posts back; an edited version says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
... the import process changed in v3.0.7 (see bottom of the v3.0.7 notes) ... change the extension to .stvi and import it into a copy of the default STV
Follow the link in that quote.

Note that you just need to make a copy of the STV file, not the entire directory. The STV filename is the critical part - this is intended to prevent users from accidentally modifying the original STV & then not having it to return to.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Sorry I have not yet updated the zipfiles, I have been a bit busy!
Old 08-19-2005, 09:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
See my comments a few posts back; an edited version says:
Follow the link in that quote.

Note that you just need to make a copy of the STV file, not the entire directory. The STV filename is the critical part - this is intended to prevent users from accidentally modifying the original STV & then not having it to return to.

- Andy

Thanks Andy

I actually acted on your previous post. I copied the whole STV dir and renamed it. It didn't work though. Now i made a copy of the stv file only. I copied the padding file in and renamed it to .stvi. Now all works good
XP Pro SP2, SageTV v5.02.90, Athlon XP 3000+ (FSB 333 MHz), 2GB DDR RAM PC3200, 36 GB Western Digital Raptor, 200 GB Western Digital harddrive, Asus Radeon 9600 XTR, Plextor PX-708 8x DVD-/+RW, Pioneer 120S 48x CD-RW, PVR 150 MCE (2). Hauppauge MVP.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by henk99
I actually acted on your previous post. I copied the whole STV dir and renamed it. It didn't work though. Now i made a copy of the stv file only. I copied the padding file in and renamed it to .stvi. Now all works good
Yeah, I kind of figured that the bit about making a copy of just the STV file was the part that was missing. Since your post suggests that my brief instructions in that other thread weren't entirely clear, I tried to edit it to help clarify that part. Let me know if it is worse now.

- Andy
Old 08-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Let me know if it is worse now.

- Andy
LOL....looks crystal clear to me now Andy!

I have to say....i really like the new 'look' of SageTV in this Beta version.

Henk99