SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-19-2005, 10:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Nielm, I just thought I'd let you know that after loading the latest dynamic menu stvi, it breaks SageTV 3's event code:

Search 40

Therefore, anyone who uses non-focus remote control codes their search button on their remote stops working.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:25 AM
SageTVaholic

ah yes... it would... and probably the Libray command as well..Oops! The workaround to this is to set properties file item:
nielm/disable_internal_submenu
set to false to allow internal submenus to appear.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Nielm, thanks for getting back to me. I added nielm/disable_internal_submenu=false to the SageClient.properties, but the event code 50 (search) still doesn't work. It just takes me to the main menu.

PS: I hope you dont mind me asking this here, but how can I make my dynamic menu settings stick? When I restart sagetv, it loses it settings.

Thanks again,
Michael
Old 08-20-2005, 11:29 AM
SageTVaholic

mkanet: I will have to have a look at that when I get a moment.
Re saving settings: one of the things in the right-click options menu is 'save menu definition file' -- it does not auto-save by default (to allow you to revert if you mess things up!)
Old 08-20-2005, 11:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quick update:

All the V3 imports' have now been updated to use the STVI file extension...
Old 08-20-2005, 11:42 AM
SageTVaholic

new v3 import: Delete partial recordings

A new import zipfile is now available for V3:
Delete Partial Recordings
Adds a new screen allowing you to see the partial recording files generated when viewing live tv / channel surfing, how much space they use, and bulk-delete them...

Only changes from V2 is the name of the file -- now has an STVI extension and unzips into the SageTV3 directory

Download the zipfile from:
http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm...als_import.zip

See the Wiki page for V2 for more information
http://www.sage-community.org/index....DeletePartials
Old 08-20-2005, 06:25 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not even sure who to ask about this, but what are the chances we can have dynamic menus to display all shows currently recording at the same time on the same screen (for multiple tuner setups). That would be sooooo cool! Especially, it can also include the Capture/Tuner Card name:

Currently Recording 3 Show(s)
1. NFL Football (Fusion 5 Lite)
2. Family Guy (Hauppuage PVR USB2)
3. CBS Evening News (Fusion 5 Lite #2)

Any chance we could see this? Is it relatively hard to do?
Old 08-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
I'm not even sure who to ask about this, but what are the chances we can have dynamic menus to display all shows currently recording at the same time on the same screen (for multiple tuner setups). That would be sooooo cool! Especially, it can also include the Capture/Tuner Card name:

Currently Recording 3 Show(s)
1. NFL Football (Fusion 5 Lite)
2. Family Guy (Hauppuage PVR USB2)
3. CBS Evening News (Fusion 5 Lite #2)

Any chance we could see this? Is it relatively hard to do?
Take a look here:

Main menu -> Schedule Recordings -> Upcoming Recordings

Right click and you get two view options, one is a list and the other (Interleaved?) gives you a column for each tuner and rows for time slots.

It sounds like this built in function is what you are describing. Yes? No?

*Note - I'm at work so the menu names are from memory. I should be close though.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:03 PM
SageTVaholic

I am already aware of that feature. What is much more useful is having dynamic menus to conveniently display this information on the main menus. It's already showing a one line display, so with a bit of a modification, it will show all that is recording in a very slick way on the main menus.

But thanks for trying to help.... I'm not sure if it's up to Nielm, Malore, or somebody else to upgrade this feature.

-Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard
Take a look here:

Main menu -> Schedule Recordings -> Upcoming Recordings

Right click and you get two view options, one is a list and the other (Interleaved?) gives you a column for each tuner and rows for time slots.

It sounds like this built in function is what you are describing. Yes? No?

*Note - I'm at work so the menu names are from memory. I should be close though.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Sage Expert

Awesome as always nielm, thanks!!!
Old 09-05-2005, 11:56 PM
Sage Expert

Dunno if this has been "reported" or not, but the variable speed fast forward and rewind doesn't seem to update the screen very often... I used this extensively in 2.2.8 without problems but without the screen being updated on each "jump" it's hard to know where and when to stop fast forwarding/rewinding... Is there some kind of workaround/fix for this?
Old 09-06-2005, 01:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Nope... the 'jump size' depends on how long it takes Sage to perform the 'jump', so on an AVI, DVD it is larger (for some unknown reason) than on an MPG, and on a client it is larger than on the server, and on slow or heavily loaded systems is is larger than on fast systems...

If it is jumping larger amounts than normal, check for other processes using lots of CPU.

SageTV3 should have built-in smooth FF/REW, but I believe this feature is still under development
Old 09-06-2005, 03:18 AM
Sage Icon

nielm, I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this before in this thread, but after stopping playback of a show, it would jump to the Main Menu. Is there a way to make it jump back to the SageTV Recordings menu, possibly going to the last selected item. I think the default STV acts this way, but not with custom dynamic imports.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:48 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Nope... the 'jump size' depends on how long it takes Sage to perform the 'jump', so on an AVI, DVD it is larger (for some unknown reason) than on an MPG, and on a client it is larger than on the server, and on slow or heavily loaded systems is is larger than on fast systems...
I set the jump size to 100ms. I think I had it even lower on 2.2.8 and it worked fantastically. I would have to say that that import was my most used and liked. But now sage does act sluggish with v3 (2ghz machine with 512 meg ram) and sometimes I can fast forward 3 or 4 minutes at 8x speed without it updating the screen even once. I can only think of one thing I am doing differently. I purchased the nvidia decoder and am using that... (and I don't think I turned on the automute feature of your import). I'll fiddle with it again when I get home tonight.

Quote:
SageTV3 should have built-in smooth FF/REW, but I believe this feature is still under development
VERY good to know. I consider this one a must have via your import or sage themselves.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Sage Expert

It's the nvidia purevision codec... If I switch to the sagetv mpeg decoder your fast forward / rewind works fine. So what's up with that? Anyone else have this problem that you know of?
Old 09-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Sage Expert

Revising this... it happens with the elecard and the cyberlink decoders as well. Only with the sage decoder can I use the fast forward / rewind plugin.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:07 AM
Sage Icon

I have an idea for an import that is small but would prove very useful.
You know how in Cayars STV there is the ability to use an external video player for certain files etc.

I would love to see a more simplified version of that where a "Play Externally" option would be added to the detailed info for a show or file right under "Watch Now". It would use the same text file that we configured in the Cayars STV or if you know of a better way that would be cool too.

BTW nielm. I don't know if I missed any posts about it but how did the birth of the little one go?
Old 09-19-2005, 08:16 PM
Sage Expert

Seems like maybe things are a bit busy at the nielm household....
Old 09-20-2005, 01:41 AM
SageTVaholic

yep, they are

Such an import would be possible -- given time
Old 09-20-2005, 01:49 AM
Sage Expert

Feature Request

Export Favorites list with settings for each to xml. That way if one wanted to start over when the new version of SageTV hits, they could have a nice list in the proper order to make things a bit easier. Might even be able to do an import as well where we could import the favorites back into the original file.

Does that sound feasible Neilm?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy