SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-23-2005, 07:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Nielm, any chance I could convince you to fix it so the "search" function works again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
mkanet: I will have to have a look at that when I get a moment.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-24-2005, 12:44 AM
Sage Expert

Lightbulb CUSTOM MARKS

post moved
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy

Last edited by snoopy; 09-24-2005 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Too much work. They need to look at Sage from a multi-user aspect. Users are listed in Sage. A user would log in. (Password or not) User would own his/her recordings and can keep them private. User could designate a Favorite or recordings as sharable. Another user sees all of his/her recordings/favorites and anything shared. User can only watch shared videos and can't delete. Watched would only be set for that user and not anyone else or owner. Owner has full control. User could request a video not be deleted or be archived but it is up to owner. Owner can give access to archived videos based on user request. I'm thinking much more can be done and presented to the users in a very user-friendly way. Instead of dots you would actually have views based on owned and sharable.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Too much work. They need to look at Sage from a multi-user aspect. Users are listed in Sage. A user would log in. (Password or not) User would own his/her recordings and can keep them private. User could designate a Favorite or recordings as sharable. Another user sees all of his/her recordings/favorites and anything shared. User can only watch shared videos and can't delete. Watched would only be set for that user and not anyone else or owner. Owner has full control. User could request a video not be deleted or be archived but it is up to owner. Owner can give access to archived videos based on user request. I'm thinking much more can be done and presented to the users in a very user-friendly way. Instead of dots you would actually have views based on owned and sharable.

Gerry
I agree. What your are speaking of requires some serious development. My goal is to create a more simplistic approach at first. What I have listed above would be much easier to start with. I like the idea of customized marks because it doesn't require the work from a development standpoint.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 10-08-2005, 07:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Failed to load SageMenuReader Class

I am getting an error after importing the Dynamic Menus stvi

(Fall back to default menu)

Anyone see this message or know how to fix it?
I am using version 3.0.11

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SageMenuReaderClass.JPG (34.4 KB, 200 views)

Last edited by zakrzep; 10-08-2005 at 07:19 AM.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you unzip the zipfile in the correct place. (There are several JAR files that need to go into SAGETV/JARs),

Did you restart Sage (the JARs are only read after a restart)?
Old 10-08-2005, 07:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

I unzipped the 3 zip files to the main Sagetv folder, which they then created subfolders under that. I also tried making a copy of my original SageTV 3.stv file and only import Dynamic menu stvi. Same error.

Thanks
Old 10-08-2005, 07:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

The Jar files are in that folder and I did restart SageTv.

Any other ideas?

Last edited by zakrzep; 10-08-2005 at 07:26 AM.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:59 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakrzep
I am getting an error after importing the Dynamic Menus stvi

(Fall back to default menu)

Anyone see this message or know how to fix it?
I am using version 3.0.11

Thanks
I am using the same setup and get the same error.

So to check that everything is in the right place here are the files and their locations:
SageTV/menu.xml
SageTV/SageMenu.dtd
SageTV/JARs/nielm_sagemenureader.jar
SageTV/JARs/nielm_sageutls.jar
SageTV/STVs/dynamic_menu_icons
SageTV/STVs/SageTV3/CustomSage.stv <- copy of SageTV3.stv
SageTV/STVs/SageTV3/dynamic_menu_import.stvi

Firstly I set Sage to use the CustomSage.stv and then tried importing "dynamic_menu_import.stvi" which was followed by the error saying it could not find SageMenuReader class.

I have tried restarting Sage so it can re-read the classpath and still no luck. I noticed in the logs that it is trying to read:

Code:
Catbert Method Lookup Failure for:new_net_sf_sageplugins_sagemenu_SageMenuReader
Now the bit that I thought might be a problem is the "new_" part although knowing nothing about the sage classloader this could be just part of the way it finds the classes to load. I did try repackaging the "nielm_sagemenureader.jar" into a "new/net/..." filestructure but that didn't help (although can't remember if i restarted, might try that again just in case).

Any ideas?
Old 10-16-2005, 09:34 AM
Sage User

Ok I have found a way to get it to work although I am guessing it is not the intended way. I extracted the jar files (nielm_sagemenureader.jar and nielm_sageutils.jar) into the SageTV/ directory as I noticed this directory was on the classpath. So now i have:

SageTV/net/sf/... etc

This works and I can now configure the menu's and save them. I am guessing that for some reason on startup Sage isn't loading all the Jar files it sees in the JARs dir into memory so the classloader can't actually find the classes?

HTH.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:21 PM
SageTVaholic

very odd.. about the second line of the logfile should list the classpath, including any JARs in the JARs directory, eg:

Code:
Thu 10/13 12:17:27.359 classpath=C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\Studio.jar;C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\xerces.jar;C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\plugin.jar;C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\;;JARs\jcifs-1.1.6.jar;JARs\jdic.jar;JARs\nielm_sagemenureader.jar;JARs\nielm_sageutls.jar;JARs\xerces.jar
Maybe these files were not readable so could not be added to the classpath?

(ps: the new_ part is Sages internal way of doing new for a specific class)
Old 10-19-2005, 10:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

I like the new menu structure of 3.0.13 RC2, but I use the dynamic menu stvi, did anybody by do the work and wrote a new menu.xml which reflects the new menu structure? Would be fine if it would get posted here...

Is there any way to get the features from this import besides the menu functions without this module? (upcoming recordings and disk usage on the bottom of the main menu) ?

Oliver

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 11:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
Ah, I am using dynamic menus so I am not able to see those extra menus How could I add them in? I did try to go to add new menu items but I could not see weather as an option in there.. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysek
Ah, I am using dynamic menus so I am not able to see those extra menus How could I add them in? I did try to go to add new menu items but I could not see weather as an option in there.. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Well I also would like to use the new menu structure. I guess someone has to do some work and create a new menu.xml, right? Unfortunately I do not have the time right now...

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Administrator

(I moved the last couple posts to this thread, dealing with the dynamic menu system.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysek
For Weather, see this post & also make sure you are using the v3 version of the dynamic menu system (see 2 posts above the one I linked to; it links back to a post in this thread).

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:59 AM
SageTVaholic

A new dynamic menu xml for V3 will be released soon (just as soon as I have dinner and put the kids to bed!)
Old 10-19-2005, 12:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Whoohoo! Thanks Nielm. I'm guessing it's as simple as replacing the menu.xml

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-21-2005, 01:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Does anyone know if the latest Multispeed skip works with the Nvidia mpeg2 decoders and SageTV 3.0.13?

PS: Can somebody point me to screenshots for Multispeed skip and Info popup? I couldnt find them anywhere.

Thanks!

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 10-21-2005 at 01:24 AM.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:49 AM
SageTVaholic

wiki -- nielm importable modules (see my sig).
Kanati has reported that multispeed skip does not work well with Nvidia + v3, and I don't have Nvidia so cannot confirm
Old 10-21-2005, 03:00 AM
Sage Icon

For me with Nvidia Puervideo decoder it's really hit and miss. I recently had the smooth ff/rw import stop working almost completely. I did a reformat of the machine for other reasons and it works again. But it's still very random... sometimes it updates the screen well, and other times it sticks on one image the whole time.