SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just started using this STV with my new widescreen... thanks to everyone for all the work involved in making this happen!

I did a search of the thread and didn't find an answer to this... but I'd like to enable all icons in the "Recorded TV" listings... right now it looks like only the first run, watched and archived icons show up. I'd also like to see the series recording, encoder, and HD icons as well. These only show up when you go into a single recording's properties page. Is there any way to do this with the current design?

I have all icon properties set to "Enabled" in the sagemc settings page.

Thanks!
Old 03-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar View Post
Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Deleted the net directory and everything is working again!
LOL, the only reason I didn't specify, is I had forgotten the name. Glad to help.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Sage Fanatic

Idea

While looking through the guide yesterday and marking things to watch and record I started digging into the IMDB.. pretty neat stuff! I had been adding favorites by keyword and title in hopes of catchin a few of my favorite movies the next time they air. This generally works, but I usually end up with a few random recordings that match my title or keywords that aren't the actual shows I was looking for..

I wondered... and forgive me if this is already possible.. would it be possible to look up a show using IMDB and then have an option to "Record this show if it airs", in an attempt to make more certain you get the actual show you want?? Seems to me that if you could somehow create a favorite that contains more detail, such as what the IMDB provides, you could have a pretty handy, and accurate tool for adding to your 'wish list'!

If that integration isn't possible, could it be possible to possibly add multiple categories in a favorite?? For example, add both a keyword and a title.. "Galactica" and "Olmos"?

Anyhow, though adding favorites via the IMDB screen would be a pretty cool thing!!
Old 03-12-2007, 09:08 AM

tv recordings mixing with movies

i feel really asking but...does anybody know why TV recordings would be mixing with My Videos (and not showing up in My TV menu). the only directory under "Library Import Directories" under setup is my NAS, which contains only movies. "video directories" contains only my TV recordings (local DIR). is there anyway to prevent "My videos" from picking up MPEGs in TV recordings?
Old 03-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
i feel really asking but...does anybody know why TV recordings would be mixing with My Videos (and not showing up in My TV menu). the only directory under "Library Import Directories" under setup is my NAS, which contains only movies. "video directories" contains only my TV recordings (local DIR). is there anyway to prevent "My videos" from picking up MPEGs in TV recordings?
Sounds like a bad wiz.bin file. Did you recently upgrade SageTV, or possibly swap hardware around?
Old 03-12-2007, 12:28 PM

yes to both but i uninstalled and reinstalled
Old 03-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
yes to both but i uninstalled and reinstalled
What exactly did you do with your hardware? If it involved moving hard drives around, then you need to make sure (if a drive letter changed), that when you started SageTV back up, that the original drive letter is still available. Nothing needs to be on the drive letter, but for some reason, SageTV needs to see the drive letter where the old files were originally located (not the same folder structure, just the drive letter), otherwise, it will file them as videos instead of recordings.

The bad thing is, that if you've already started Sage, you may already be in trouble, unless you have a backup of your wiz.bin before you restarted.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am not able to switch themes within SageMC... when I select a new theme, I get the dialog box saying you must exit and restart, which I do, when I come back in, nothing has changed. It is still on the old theme, but in the theme selection menu it shows the newly selected theme as being "current" even though the graphics re still the old theme's.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
See my response in this thread
Old 03-13-2007, 07:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus View Post
Anyone? I hope it isn't something simple I am missing here but now 24 is showing a looney tunes graphic.
If the IMDB search yields multiple results to choose from, you can perform a manual search by bringing up the Options menu on the results page, and save the new picture (will show up after a UI restart). But if there is only one match and it goes directly to the IMDB info, there is currently no way to get to the manual search (I will add this in a later version). What you can do in this case is to replace the current pic in SageMCE\IMDBCache manually.

Dirk
Old 03-13-2007, 07:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
While looking through the guide yesterday and marking things to watch and record I started digging into the IMDB.. pretty neat stuff! I had been adding favorites by keyword and title in hopes of catchin a few of my favorite movies the next time they air. This generally works, but I usually end up with a few random recordings that match my title or keywords that aren't the actual shows I was looking for..

I wondered... and forgive me if this is already possible.. would it be possible to look up a show using IMDB and then have an option to "Record this show if it airs", in an attempt to make more certain you get the actual show you want?? Seems to me that if you could somehow create a favorite that contains more detail, such as what the IMDB provides, you could have a pretty handy, and accurate tool for adding to your 'wish list'!

If that integration isn't possible, could it be possible to possibly add multiple categories in a favorite?? For example, add both a keyword and a title.. "Galactica" and "Olmos"?

Anyhow, though adding favorites via the IMDB screen would be a pretty cool thing!!
Yeah, I could add a function to add the currently displayed IMDB show as a title favorite

Dirk
Old 03-13-2007, 07:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
I am not able to switch themes within SageMC... when I select a new theme, I get the dialog box saying you must exit and restart, which I do, when I come back in, nothing has changed. It is still on the old theme, but in the theme selection menu it shows the newly selected theme as being "current" even though the graphics re still the old theme's.
Can you post the names of the folder residing in your SageMCE directory, as well as all lines in your property file beginning with "ui/themes" ?

Dirk
Old 03-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Yeah, I could add a function to add the currently displayed IMDB show as a title favorite

Dirk
Fantastic! Would it be possible to do multiple field favorites too? I know Tivo and some others let you create a favorite by title and say actor.. what I'm trying to do is tighten up the favorites for catching future airings correctly. I find when I go by title alone I get lots of stuff that I wasn't planning on getting...
Old 03-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
Fantastic! Would it be possible to do multiple field favorites too? I know Tivo and some others let you create a favorite by title and say actor.. what I'm trying to do is tighten up the favorites for catching future airings correctly. I find when I go by title alone I get lots of stuff that I wasn't planning on getting...
This would be so nice, I think this should be a request for the Sage core.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Small request hopefully

I actually use the music system quite a bit. Have my entire CD collection on sage at the moment. I love how everything is working out and even plays my entirely AAC collection! YAY.

Only problem is, the music browser is horribly inefficient. Clicking the My Music link on the main menu equals a 30 second 100% CPU pause.

Moving down the artist list causes a 100% CPU pause for about 4-5 seconds PER new artist that appears on the screen. Forget about navigating to artists starting with V

Is there any way to speed up this process? My music library does not change often, why would sage have to re-load so much data every time I move to a new album?

Spiking 100% on a 3Ghz CPU is a bit overboard? Is this a limitation of Sage or MC?

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Anyone use FSE and external screen saver?

I've noticed that my external aquarium screen saver no longer loads when Sage is maximized since I started using FSE to eliminate stutter. I'm not entirely surprised, but I'm curious if that's normal or of there is a way to get it working with FSE.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbig119 View Post
I've noticed that my external aquarium screen saver no longer loads when Sage is maximized since I started using FSE to eliminate stutter. I'm not entirely surprised, but I'm curious if that's normal or of there is a way to get it working with FSE.

I'm seeing the same issue since 6.3.2 - I posted a separate thread on it but none of the suggestions (restart GUI, restart service) have worked. I'm also using FSE like yourself but just tried the screensaver with it turned off and still only got the logo one.

I've found the logo screensaver works as does screen blank. The external screensaver and photo slideshow don't

Tim
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 03-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Sage Expert

feature request

flachbar,
You have made watching TV this way a dream! I have only one request. I periodically have to go into the other room or remote in to the SageTV server. When I do this, and depending on where I am, I may need to use the mouse and keyboard to control sage. I would like to have the orginal option (available in the main STV) to right click and 'close file' when a show is playing because I never can remember that pesky little keyboard shortcut. I use this method so infrequently, it hardly ever gets in the way but when it's needed it's a little annoying not to have it.

On another note, I had not tried placeshifter till the other day and noticed much to my surprise, it seems to have picked up whatever STV I was using automatically. What an amazing design! Hats off to all the SageTV enthusiasts who have truely made the TV < > PC experience virtually effortless.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy

Last edited by snoopy; 03-16-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewston View Post
I'm seeing the same issue since 6.3.2 - I posted a separate thread on it but none of the suggestions (restart GUI, restart service) have worked. I'm also using FSE like yourself but just tried the screensaver with it turned off and still only got the logo one.

I've found the logo screensaver works as does screen blank. The external screensaver and photo slideshow don't

Tim
I've been playing around with it further, when i add a custom menu option and map it to screensaver it fires off the external screensaver when i choose that menu option (also fires off the photo slideshow if that is selected)

However, it doesn't work when i select 'sleep' from the SageMC front screen and also from my remotes power button (which does a ctrl+z)

Tim
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 03-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

RSS Feeds not Updating

Im using ver 6.3.2c and my rss ticker is not updating. When I check the configuration of the RSS feed they are updated but in the ticker they are like a week old. Anybody else have this issue?

Technazz
Closed Thread