SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
What's the extension on the files? I pretty sure skipping is only setup for mpg, ts and avi.

John
The extension on the files is mp4, but the weird part is if i rename the .mp4 to .avi, they play fine in Sage and the commercial skipping works fine too. Is there a way I can change the skipping setup to include mp4s?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Did you try the default theme ? If you enable debug logging, do you see any errors in the log ?

Dirk

I just tried the default theme, and that one seems to be working okay, all others are not.

Emile

Edit: Some sagemc settings menu's don't show up on screen, such as diskbar options. I hear the clicking of the menu when I press up or down, but it just doesn't show on-screen.

Last edited by emilek; 10-19-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco1991 View Post
The extension on the files is mp4, but the weird part is if i rename the .mp4 to .avi, they play fine in Sage and the commercial skipping works fine too. Is there a way I can change the skipping setup to include mp4s?
That's something that flachbar will have to change.

John
Old 10-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just tried out SageMC today and, while everything looks pretty good, ran into one problem - the mouse doesn't seem to be functional on the program guide screen. (This is with build 6.3.5)

By "not working" I mean that I can't select anything with a left mouse click, even though I can move around the cursor, use the scroll wheel, and bring up the right click menu.

Thanks,
k10ck3r
Old 10-19-2007, 06:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by k10ck3r View Post
I just tried out SageMC today and, while everything looks pretty good, ran into one problem - the mouse doesn't seem to be functional on the program guide screen. (This is with build 6.3.5)

By "not working" I mean that I can't select anything with a left mouse click, even though I can move around the cursor, use the scroll wheel, and bring up the right click menu.

Thanks,
k10ck3r
Go to:

Settings > SageMC > Main > Screen Specific Options > EPG

Look for the setting to disable the time marker. That should fix you up.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Go to:

Settings > SageMC > Main > Screen Specific Options > EPG

Look for the setting to disable the time marker. That should fix you up.

Aloha,
Mike
Sweet! That did it - thanks!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Sage User

SageMC auto mute commercials feature request

I know there is an autoskip function for commercials built into SageMC, but I don't use it because it's not always correct. One great feature would be to have SageMC auto-mute at the beginning of a commercial and auto-unmute at the end. Would anyone else find that useful?
skyw33
Old 10-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyw33 View Post
I know there is an autoskip function for commercials built into SageMC, but I don't use it because it's not always correct. One great feature would be to have SageMC auto-mute at the beginning of a commercial and auto-unmute at the end. Would anyone else find that useful?
skyw33
That would be an interesting feature, but I'm not sure I see the added value.

If the commercial skip isn't going to be correct, then I sure don't want it auto-muting in the wrong place either. If the commercial was marked correctly, then there is no need to mute, because you can just skip it anyway...

But, it's not a bad thought though.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
That would be an interesting feature, but I'm not sure I see the added value.

If the commercial skip isn't going to be correct, then I sure don't want it auto-muting in the wrong place either. If the commercial was marked correctly, then there is no need to mute, because you can just skip it anyway...

But, it's not a bad thought though.
Yeah, I had the same thought, but if the feature was available, I can see myself using it. I like having full control of when and where I skip the commercials -- sometimes I even watch them! Come to think of it, one of the core reasons for this feature is that commercials are twice as loud as the programs you watch. Another enhancement would be to have the volume turned down by half whenever a commercial came on.
skyw33
Old 10-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Sage Icon

I can agree with that. I still find it amazing, with how digital everything has gotten, that still, commercials are broadcast so loud. To tell you the truth, I think they do it on purpose, because they know that people are either skipping them, or get up to go do something else while they are on, so they figure why not crank up the volume, so we can still hear it when we are out of the room... That's why I'm glad that for the most part, SA does a good job finding the commercials... =)
Old 10-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

My Video

I have a question regarding My Video section. I have a few movies that I have ripped to my machine. I normally go through the process of using the IMDB option to populate the information for the movie and it works great.

The question that I have is that some movies have 2 ripped files for one movie. So when I populate the information from IMDB I get two movie covers viewable in the My Video section. I tried placing the files in a folder but the movie cover is much smaller and difficult to view.

Are there any work arounds to resolving this issue without merging the two files.

Thanks in advance...
Old 10-21-2007, 10:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Support for Java 1.5.13?

Hi Dirk,

I run the Linux server of SageTV. Whenever I run Java 1.6 or any updates I get a day or so before the UI becomes totally unresponsive. I have looked in the logs, etc. However, on the 1.5 version of Java, no issues at all. Which features are 1.6 specific and would it be possible to run in 1.5?

TIA

B
Old 10-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi, I tempted fate and upgraded SageMC today....

It had been a while since I changed anything and I forget everything I learned on how to change things up. I'm sure there's lots of new features to explore, but two things are not working right anymore.

1 - commercial breaks are not showing up on the timebar any more. the files are being processed; how do i make sagemc see them?
2 - music/view by album/sort by time seems to show up as empty sometimes. if i change to a different view/sort, then change back, all albums are there, but no longer in 'time' order.

Maybe these issues are related - the music is stored on a network share (for now, changing to local storage any day now) and comskip needs network paths to work too, right? Have I made some changes to network settings/logins that I didn't mean to?

Also, which are the proper versions of ID3 tags to edit for SageMC? I have some album art that refuses to show up (using the folder.jpg method) and some artist/album/track names that are/were wrong that will not reflect any edits I make...
Old 10-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just noticed I need Java 1.6; I'm only on 1.4, I'll update and see if that makes a difference.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Dirk,
I finally figured out my video folder display issue. There seems to be 2 settings for showing the folder icon when viewing the video library as 'file system'. One setting is in the pop-up options within the video library as we discussed earlier. A second option is in the SageMC options/main/screen specific options/video library/Fullsize folder.jpg. These 2 options need to be n sync or the folder icon still apears. Shouldn't these 2 options do the same thing?

I still have to go thru 2 levels before I can play a video and pressing play on the first screen still does nothing. I am still hunting down this part of the issue.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

yep, upgradiing to java 1.6 and moving the music to local storage fixed it
Old 10-22-2007, 04:36 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Dirk,
I finally figured out my video folder display issue. There seems to be 2 settings for showing the folder icon when viewing the video library as 'file system'. One setting is in the pop-up options within the video library as we discussed earlier. A second option is in the SageMC options/main/screen specific options/video library/Fullsize folder.jpg. These 2 options need to be n sync or the folder icon still apears. Shouldn't these 2 options do the same thing?

I still have to go thru 2 levels before I can play a video and pressing play on the first screen still does nothing. I am still hunting down this part of the issue.
I also do not enjoy going thru 2 levels...I was able to fix it in SageTV studio...go to the Video Library section, right click and "Expand the children"..then "Viewtype," "File System", then proceed to go to the last ltem that reads "Single Video=False" (there are several of them..the LAST SingleVideo=True or False item) Change to "SingleVideo=True"

Good luck with that Kricker..

Thanx again Flachbar for this excellent mod...
Old 10-22-2007, 09:12 AM
Sage Expert

Preview window in guide won't toggle

When I am inside the guide, it's nice to use the preview window. I'd like the ability to toggle between preview and full play with only one button. Does that functionality exist?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 10-22-2007, 10:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
When I am inside the guide, it's nice to use the preview window. I'd like the ability to toggle between preview and full play with only one button. Does that functionality exist?
Try using the 'TV' command. (This is different from the 'Live TV' command)

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Sage Expert

I'm glad you made that suggestion because I had actually intended to ask a question about that button but did not because I figured it would be too confusing.

Here is the problem with using the TV command.
The TV command starts at full screen which means using it as a toggle is not a good option. However, if there were a way to get it to act differently and start not in full screen mode but in preview mode then this command could be used as you suggest. This would be ideal!
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Closed Thread