SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Yes, please. So this would filter out the movies from showing up at all, even when you do a list by movies? Or just for the screensaver?

I think filtering them out all together would be good. There are some that I would still consider watching, depending on the content, but not many.
Hi Jason,

At the moment I'm just talking about the screen saver. I'm not sure if Morgan would want me tinkering with his code.

If a global filter was added, I think it would still make sense to have a separate filter for just the screen saver. I assume a global filter would have a toggle button of some sort in the movie times menu(s). This could accidentally be left in the unfiltered state. I would want to be certain that R-rated movies could not accidentally be allowed to appear in the screen saver if that happened.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Sage Icon

Either is fine with me... The screensaver would be the one I'm concerned about right now.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Either is fine with me... The screensaver would be the one I'm concerned about right now.
Very good. Now that I've removed a few iron from the fire, I'll start working on this.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Mike, that is not a problem if you do have a change you want to add. I do like that idea as well, as my kids see all of that on the screen more than myself. If you come up with some filter in the near term let me know. I will look over it too when I get a chance and let you know if I get anywhere with it.

Morgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Hi Jason,

At the moment I'm just talking about the screen saver. I'm not sure if Morgan would want me tinkering with his code.

If a global filter was added, I think it would still make sense to have a separate filter for just the screen saver. I assume a global filter would have a toggle button of some sort in the movie times menu(s). This could accidentally be left in the unfiltered state. I would want to be certain that R-rated movies could not accidentally be allowed to appear in the screen saver if that happened.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-17-2007, 04:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
Mike, that is not a problem if you do have a change you want to add. I do like that idea as well, as my kids see all of that on the screen more than myself. If you come up with some filter in the near term let me know. I will look over it too when I get a chance and let you know if I get anywhere with it.

Morgan
Thanks Morgan. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-18-2007, 03:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi everyone,

FYI, I added the R-rating filter to the screen saver and sent it over to Morgan tonight. It was actually very easy.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Sage Fanatic

Exclamation New MovieTimes Movie Listings v0.63!

Thanks Mike.

I also added the ability to inhibit selection of R Rated movies from the movie list window. The movie list window will now display the title of the currently highlighted movie at the top of the screen, and also display a star next to the title if the selection is inhibited. If you are just upgrading you can grab the import file without all of the other support files in the first post of this thread.

v0.63 - 4/19/2007
  • Merge in MeInMaui's R-Rating filter for screensaver.
  • Add filter to inhibit selection of R Rated movies from movie list.
  • Display title of currently highlighted movie at top of movie list page. If movie selection is inhibited by R filter, an asterisk will be displays at end of title.
  • Remove version number from import file name.
  • Fix display of descriptions for options on SageMC settings screen for EXTRAS.

The filter settings can be controlled on the SageMC EXTRAS settings screen.

Last edited by Morgan111; 04-19-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the quick turn-around Morgan!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the great addition to a great interface to a great program!

It took a little work, but I got everything up and running and like it a lot. Now time for the question!

Is there a way to move from movie to movie without having to go back to the full list and select the next one? For instance, My Videos does it by using the Skip Fwd/Bkwd commands to move to the next/previous. That would be a lot less button clicks.

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2007, 09:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Question

I am getting ready to upgrade to SageMC tomorrow with MovieTimes for SageMC.

However, I have a concern... On my current non-SageMC setup, I have MovieTimes launch an external directshow player which uses PowerDVD's directshow hardware accelerated decoder for 1080p mov files. I cannot playback these files at full frame rate without this decoder. Is it possible to have MovieTimesMC to use this decoder?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-22-2007, 04:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I am getting ready to upgrade to SageMC tomorrow with MovieTimes for SageMC.

However, I have a concern... On my current non-SageMC setup, I have MovieTimes launch an external directshow player which uses PowerDVD's directshow hardware accelerated decoder for 1080p mov files. I cannot playback these files at full frame rate without this decoder. Is it possible to have MovieTimesMC to use this decoder?
Can't you set that in your properties file? There is a setting to tell SageTV to prefer your direct show filter.

B
Old 04-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Can't you set that in your properties file? There is a setting to tell SageTV to prefer your direct show filter.

B
That is what I am thinking too. Or, if nothing else, you can still use the external player. The configuration for it should be retained from running the default STV version.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcato View Post
Is there a way to move from movie to movie without having to go back to the full list and select the next one? For instance, My Videos does it by using the Skip Fwd/Bkwd commands to move to the next/previous. That would be a lot less button clicks.

Thanks!
That is not a bad idea. Might take a bit of changing things around inside, but I will look into it.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:02 PM
SageTVaholic

So, is it possible to tell sageTV to use a prefered directshow decoder for .mov file file types only? That would be my best option since I want to only use Nvidia for mpeg2; and, using an internal decoder would allow me to play movie trailers via placeshifter.

Does anyone know where to set this option? I have no idea where to even ask this question.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
That is what I am thinking too. Or, if nothing else, you can still use the external player. The configuration for it should be retained from running the default STV version.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Sage User

Problem when trying to view movies list

My MovieTimes has been working great up until about two weeks ago. When I go to view all the movies in Sage_MC the menu fades slightly and nothing happens after that, sage won't respond to anything. If I view theaters, choose a theatre, and then choose a movie it works fine. Any ideas? I've tried reimporting the STVi, starting from a fresh config.xml and locations.xml, deleting all of the MTSA movie infor (moviedata.xml, moviedata.xsd) and nothing seems to work. Another thing I noticed is that you didn't include config.xml or locations.xml in your lastest release of the movietimes stv (0.63). Any help is appreciated.

I have Sage 6.1.8, and Sage_MC 6.3.2c

Edit: I had to remove the theaters one-by-one and then add them again and have it rerun the mtsa.exe program works great again!!

Last edited by emverham; 05-01-2007 at 03:17 PM. Reason: solved
Old 05-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Looking for some help getting movie times working on my sagemc client. I have it working great on my server and through my mvp extenders where i can retrieve movie times, descriptions, see posters and view trailers through the sage player.

On the client I can see times and descriptions, just like on the server/mvps. Problem is that the posters dont show and when I click play trailers nothing at all happens, it is almost like sage does not know i am clicking that button. All the other buttons work fine.

Things I have done so far:
1. Loaded sagemc server and client two weeks ago.
2. Loaded movie times last week.
3. Loaded the movie times xml on both server and client.
4. installed mtsa into C:\mtsa folder on server and made it a share named MovieTimes.
5. Mapped network drives on both server and client named M:\ to MovieTimes share.
6. Configured movietimes config file to look at M:\ path in place of all instances of C:\mtsa which I had done when I had it only on the server.

The server works whether pointing at C:\mtsa or M:\as before but the client does not seem to know where the posters and trailers are regardless of mapping. I can manually navigate to the M drive on my client, so i know the mapping is set up right. It also sees the config and locations files fine as I can see movie times and descriptions.

Anyone have any guess as to why the server would see the posters and trailers but the client does not? I do not have any external players loaded on the client at all, as I want as clean of a system as possible, so I do not have quicktime loaded. Do I need that? I thought sage was playing them, but maybe I am wrong. I know that manually navigating there I can not play the mov files on the client because there are no associated players loaded. That is all I can think of, but last thing I want is to load quicktime if i dont need it. Thanks for any help!
Old 05-09-2007, 11:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Im seeing duplicate movies listed for movie listings. Navigating through the doplicate entries causes te whole sageTV interface to lock up. How can I reset whatever is corrupted?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Im seeing duplicate movies listed for movie listings. Navigating through the doplicate entries causes te whole sageTV interface to lock up. How can I reset whatever is corrupted?
Try deleting your moviedata.xml and moviedata.xsd under the Media directory where you run the mtsa program. Hopefully that will fix it.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam99 View Post
Looking for some help getting movie times working on my sagemc client. I have it working great on my server and through my mvp extenders where i can retrieve movie times, descriptions, see posters and view trailers through the sage player.

On the client I can see times and descriptions, just like on the server/mvps. Problem is that the posters dont show and when I click play trailers nothing at all happens, it is almost like sage does not know i am clicking that button. All the other buttons work fine.

Things I have done so far:
1. Loaded sagemc server and client two weeks ago.
2. Loaded movie times last week.
3. Loaded the movie times xml on both server and client.
4. installed mtsa into C:\mtsa folder on server and made it a share named MovieTimes.
5. Mapped network drives on both server and client named M:\ to MovieTimes share.
6. Configured movietimes config file to look at M:\ path in place of all instances of C:\mtsa which I had done when I had it only on the server.

The server works whether pointing at C:\mtsa or M:\as before but the client does not seem to know where the posters and trailers are regardless of mapping. I can manually navigate to the M drive on my client, so i know the mapping is set up right. It also sees the config and locations files fine as I can see movie times and descriptions.

Anyone have any guess as to why the server would see the posters and trailers but the client does not? I do not have any external players loaded on the client at all, as I want as clean of a system as possible, so I do not have quicktime loaded. Do I need that? I thought sage was playing them, but maybe I am wrong. I know that manually navigating there I can not play the mov files on the client because there are no associated players loaded. That is all I can think of, but last thing I want is to load quicktime if i dont need it. Thanks for any help!
Sam, does your theater list show up ok on the client?
Make sure the line "aperry/MtsaConfigFile=" has the exact same setting in the SageClient.properties of the client and Sage.properties of ther server. I use UNC mapping for the paths, but mapping it to a drive letter should work as well. If the theaters show up, try changing the option for List View in the movie list window.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam99 View Post
I do not have any external players loaded on the client at all, as I want as clean of a system as possible, so I do not have quicktime loaded. Do I need that? I thought sage was playing them, but maybe I am wrong. I know that manually navigating there I can not play the mov files on the client because there are no associated players loaded. That is all I can think of, but last thing I want is to load quicktime if i dont need it. Thanks for any help!
You may try setting mplayer/use_for_all_mpeg4_playback=true in your properties file to see if that works for you.