SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
yeah, 2.5 alpha is problem #1. There's no STV support for that yet, go with the 2.0.1.

Secondly, in the SageMC options in the Extra's you can enable my plug-in features.

Any updates on a possible release of 2.5?? I know you were shooting for end of March, but that has come and gone.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Lame excuse #1 - My nice, new, development Macbook has been in the shop since February and I just got it back, still broken, last week. Fortunately, this is taken care of because I went into the Apple Store and yelled at people until they gave me a brand new one.

Lame excuse #2 - The weather is too nice to be sitting in my windowless office writing code

There's really no reason to get too excited about v2.5 unless you really <3 more efficient code (like I do). The goal is to basically provides the exact same functionality as v2.0.1 with a slightly less clunky interface and infinitely more expandability/tweakability (and possibly DVD burning from within the SageTV UI).

Right now all that's done is the updated encoding/status engines which should take care of any existing issues people are having. I still have the new queuing/interface to work on.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 04-03-2007, 06:40 AM
SageTVaholic

I moved the alpha release to hidden to keep it from confusing people when they are downloading files. If anyone wants it for some reason, just wing me a PM.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 04-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

ok.... my bad for going with the Alpha... its works now with the 2.01 tools. my bad for going with the bleeding edge and getting cut

Thanks evil for catching that.
Dave P
Old 04-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I still have the new queuing/interface to work on.
That's the bit I'm hanging out for . I'm wanting to be able to pass some of the properties settings as parameters.

John
Old 04-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am not getting anything but the defaults in when I go to "Send To"

I get the options under SageMC/Extras to enable DVD Burning etc.

I tried setting this up a couple of times to no avail.

SageTV: 6.1.7
SageMC STV Version: 6.3.2c
Java Version: 1.6.0
Video Tools:2.0.1a

I did initially install the alpha, whoops, I just extracted v2.0.1a over it, would this cause a problem? If so what should I remove, my SageTV folder is starting to look like bad soup.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus View Post
I am not getting anything but the defaults in when I go to "Send To"

I get the options under SageMC/Extras to enable DVD Burning etc.

I tried setting this up a couple of times to no avail.

SageTV: 6.1.7
SageMC STV Version: 6.3.2c
Java Version: 1.6.0
Video Tools:2.0.1a

I did initially install the alpha, whoops, I just extracted v2.0.1a over it, would this cause a problem? If so what should I remove, my SageTV folder is starting to look like bad soup.
The best solution is always to do a clean install of everything, but you should still be able to extract v2.0.1 over v2.5, revert back to a clean SageMC 6.3.2, and then reimport everything.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:13 PM
SageTVaholic

evilpenguin,

I really like the send to DATA DVD. I have one request is there a way for you to display how much free space is available when adding avi's to a DATA DVD using the size of the DVD in the preference for example 4.7.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The best solution is always to do a clean install of everything, but you should still be able to extract v2.0.1 over v2.5, revert back to a clean SageMC 6.3.2, and then reimport everything.
Evil, where can I find the source code? I looked on the sourceforge website but cannot find any of the java code you use... I'm planning to have a look this week end at the send to menu... I'd really like to be able to make DVDs again.

Erik.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've found that when I compress 1080i sources using this plugin that the resulting avi file has terrible audio sync problems in sage. Also the video seems to be running fast.

However, I can open it in VLC with working audio sync. Has anybody else had this problem? Any thoughts about how to fix it?

Thanks much
F
Old 04-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I had ended removing all files from v2.5 and starting over, the DVD options now show under "Send To" but it sticks with the Yellow icon.

I have had time to test anything beyond that. Now from the install instructions it says the script will set up Dirmon and ImgBurn. I have only installed these and never opened either, just want to make sure that I don't need to adjust anything else beyond the perl2DVDsetup. Also I don't have any other burning software on the PC, I am assuming ImgBurn can handle this?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus View Post
I had ended removing all files from v2.5 and starting over, the DVD options now show under "Send To" but it sticks with the Yellow icon.

I have had time to test anything beyond that. Now from the install instructions it says the script will set up Dirmon and ImgBurn. I have only installed these and never opened either, just want to make sure that I don't need to adjust anything else beyond the perl2DVDsetup. Also I don't have any other burning software on the PC, I am assuming ImgBurn can handle this?
There is a little setup you need to do with dirmon2, check this page...

http://zadigian.backpackit.com/pub/836584

The most important part is that you make sure that the folders are correct in the job tab and that dirmon2 is started in the last tab.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Sage Icon

I've been using this import extensively to create DVDs for the last couple of weeks. Today I tried to compress a video and couldn't get video to show no matter which compression I use. I've never used any formats other than the Sage default mpeg2. I think the problem is with trying to play a divx or mpeg4 file. Any tips on setting this up with 6.1.9? I'm running an Nvidia 7600GT with the 84.21 drivers and the latest Purevideo.

I made some progress (I think). It now shows a picture, but doesn't actually start playing. It just sits on the first frame like it's been paused.

Last edited by toricred; 04-28-2007 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Sage Icon

I got it working. I just set mplayer/use_for_all_mpeg4_playback=true
and everything worked. I'm not sure what codecs it's using though. I'd like to get it to use the best codecs I can.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:59 AM
SageTVaholic

http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml
http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/download/

These two codecs should get you going. Once you install these you should be able to set that back to false (if you want, both ways should work fine).

Old 04-29-2007, 11:28 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks, I'll work on setting that up.

Next question: Can I get the SageMC auto compression utility to use your compressions? If not, can I get the DVD burning to work with the default compression turned on?
Old 04-29-2007, 12:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Evilpenguin, I have a few questions...

1) What's the possibility of changing this step to appear a bit more seamless: "Whenever you're ready to burn the DVD, place a blank DVD in your drive, and click on the DVD icon in the Other Programs menu. This will start imgBurn and possibly steal focus from Sage, however, once imgBurn is done it will give it back."

Instead... if a DVD is not detected in the DVD drive after processing is done, to prompt the user to put one in and start burning automatically (without stealing focus from sageTV), instead of having to going to another menu every time and starting it manually. I'm not sure if it's possible to have a progress bar in the sageTV.

2) Is DirMon the only dependency for this addon that needs to run 24/7 in memory; even when you're not burning DVDs? Personally, would only burn a DVD once in a while. It wouldn't make sense to have something run in the background and take up CPU resources when someone uses this feature once a month or so.

Thanks for all your effort!
-Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-29-2007, 12:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Thanks, I'll work on setting that up.

Next question: Can I get the SageMC auto compression utility to use your compressions? If not, can I get the DVD burning to work with the default compression turned on?
Yep, if your happy with my recompression then you can replace the stock system with mine by going into the SageMC prefs and...

1) Disable using the default compression in the general options
2) Enable the features from this plug-in that you want in the extra options

However, you can also use the DVD burning with the stock compresion system if you like by enabling the default compression and just enabling the DVD burning.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hi Evilpenguin, I have a few questions...
1) Vhurst has set up something like this on his own

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=189

Its not as clean as you describe, but it is better.

In addition, I'm well aware of how clunky the DVD burning process is and rest assured it drives me crazy too. I'm working cleaning it up for the next version.

2) I wouldn't have people run a process on their HTPC's 24/7 unless I was absolutly content with it. Dirmon2 was written from the ground up to be a very resource friendly low-impact solution for just this type of application. I can pretty much promise you that, once you've set it up correctly, you won't even notice it.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Sage Icon

I can see that you can use your compression separately, but I want to use it with the auto-compress feature of MC. When I set up a favorite to auto compress, I don't have a place to set up which compression to use.
Closed Thread