SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
7. HD airings are now preferred over SD airings when the Scheduler gets to choose between two of them (this is not controlled by encoder merit)
Is there a property setting to set which should be preferred? In my setup, I prefer SD unless I specifically schedule the HD channel.

Quote:
And Happy Thanksgiving!
Thank you, same to you and yours!

Gobble Gobble,
Wade
Old 11-23-2006, 03:29 PM
Sage User

6.015 problems: Google video, aspect ratio, VMR

Hey there - Happy thanksgiving to all you US folks..

Upgraded to 6.015 - results:

1. IPod conversion works! woo hoo

What (still) is problemtic?

1. I cannot see google videos when using VMR9
2. When switching to overlay and viewing google videos, going back to standard PVR150 TV results in 4:3 aspect ratio (2 black vertical bars on my 16:9 set). Changing to VMR fixes this with no changes to overscan settings!
3. Google videos now play, but only for about 10 seconds.. then they stop. Plenty of room on C"\temp etc.
4. File names in Hebrew are still not written to disk (known bug reported by oshapir) - instead we get numbers (e.g. 203-23232.mpg)

Anyone else seeing this items 1-2-3?

Arielshu
Old 11-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielshu
4. File names in Hebrew are still not written to disk (known bug reported by oshapir) - instead we get numbers (e.g. 203-23232.mpg)

Arielshu
This has been fixed in v6.0.12...just use:
allow_unicode_characters_in_generated_filenames=true
in the properties file.

Oren.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade
Is there a property setting to set which should be preferred? In my setup, I prefer SD unless I specifically schedule the HD channel.

Gobble Gobble,
Wade
I think I would prefer it to be by show.

B
Old 11-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Sage Icon

Just posted a bug report......

2-Tuner On-Air GT support is broken in 6.0.15. If I use 6.0.14's DShowCapture.dll file then all works OK.

Stacy
Old 11-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Every beta fixes slighty and breaks slighty DVD playback.

This all pertains to one DVD on my system, works great in any dvd player or using PowerDVD to play.

6.0.13 - DVD played on server not on MVP, may be able to hit OK and start it playing sometimes as though menu was invisible.
6.0.14 - DVD played on both server and MVP but with no audio
6.0.15 - DVD plays great on server but just a black screen on MVP with no action if I hit OK

The burned version I have also had same effects on server using the seperate betas. Its a homemade DVD, can't remember which app I used to create it, its been a while.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It's fixed in this one. You'll just need to set the property: force_full_content_reindex=true

to get SageTV to reindex your library and fix those DB entries.

Bug submit page was updated as well, thanks.
Kick ass!! Thanks, guys!

I just verified with placeshifter and am now about to connect the MVP to it.

Is there a properties edit I can make to get the thumbnails to show up?
Old 11-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Sage Expert

Anyone having an issue with Sage losing focus when playing back an AVI file? Since upgrading to 6.0.15 Sage minimizes when I start playing an AVI. I can go back into Sage and watch the video fine.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 11-24-2006, 06:54 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Extender Updates
2. Fixed audio blip on the MVP that would happen randomly (cross fingers...haven't heard it yet)
Beep

Beep

NOPE NOT FIXED YET!
Old 11-24-2006, 07:54 AM
SageTVaholic

I have not heard the beep yet. (Keeping fingers crossed.)

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Sage Icon

Umm...I installed this version, and now my transcoding status window says that it's always waiting, yet there is no currently processing job.

I deleted all jobs, then tried to start another job with the same results, just waiting.

I checked to see if the transcoding process was even showing up as a task, and it's not.

I had a job that failed before I installed this new version, due to me rebooting the computer before it was finished, but that's about all I can think about.

I've rebooted the machine 3 times now, and no matter what I do, the next job always says waiting, with nothing in the processing queue...
Old 11-24-2006, 09:32 AM
Sage

Quote:

Gobble Gobble,
Wade

Submit a bug report and we can add a property for that. It's a good point you make.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfresh23
Beep

Beep

NOPE NOT FIXED YET!

Did you unplug your MVP when you upgraded so it could load the new software?

And of course please submit bugs you find to http://sagetv.com/bugs.html
Old 11-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Umm...I installed this version, and now my transcoding status window says that it's always waiting, yet there is no currently processing job.

I deleted all jobs, then tried to start another job with the same results, just waiting.

I checked to see if the transcoding process was even showing up as a task, and it's not.

I had a job that failed before I installed this new version, due to me rebooting the computer before it was finished, but that's about all I can think about.

I've rebooted the machine 3 times now, and no matter what I do, the next job always says waiting, with nothing in the processing queue...
I'm unable to delete the only waiting transcoding. In order to delete it, I have to schedule another one, and then can delete the original, but then cannot delete that one, as it remains the only "waiting" one.

There never is a "processing" transcoding though...
Old 11-24-2006, 02:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfresh23
Beep

Beep

NOPE NOT FIXED YET!
I have not heard the same type of beep... I have heard two, sort scratchy pops. Both were while watching video. Haven't heard the beeps while the MVP is sitting idle.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Sage User

Beeps

Quote:
Did you unplug your MVP when you upgraded so it could load the new software?

And of course please submit bugs you find to http://sagetv.com/bugs.html
I've unplugged all my MVP's (4) since upgrading to .15, but am still hearing the occassional Beep/Pop noise. They've been when navigating menus and on at least one occassion while the Menus were sitting idle.

The Beep/Pop sounds have been heard on 2 different MVP units since upgrade, but do seem less frequent than in earlier betas.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

I really, really like that when you select a DVD folder it just takes you right into the contents of the folders, instead of asking me if I wanted to browse or play all of them. Very nice!
Old 11-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Quote:

Gobble Gobble,
Wade
Submit a bug report and we can add a property for that. It's a good point you make.
I second this! A per show would be best under a favorites thing! I have some shows I want in HD and Some that I do not!

Thanks,

Jim
Old 11-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
(regarding a property to prefer sd over hd) thanks! i had to disable all my hd channels!
Old 11-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Sage User

This is great! Kudos on getting serial control built into the Linux server! Question though, how do we configure the type of STB we are controlling? Can the codes to control the box be manually configured anywhere?
Thank you,
BladeUtah