SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-18-2007, 07:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Default to record HD channel Bug

I'm not sure if this applies to many others, but there is a bug in ver 6 on defaulting to record from an HD channel. Here is the situation:

Provider: Starchoice
Show: Lost

Canada has several SD channels where the episode is shown an hour or two earlier than the HD channel. Instea of Sage picking the HD channel that comes on later, it always will choose to record the SD channel instead. I would think that sage see both sd and hd episode names and see that an HD recording is available later and select it instead of defaulting to the first SD showing of that episode.

Does this happen to anyone else or is there a work around for this. It is a bit cumbersome to have to go in to the episode, select future airings an choose the HD one all of the time.

Thanks

Darin
Old 02-18-2007, 07:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Make the program on the HD channel a favorite and tell it to only record it from that channel instead of any.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for your reply. That is what I use to do th v5 and was really looking forward to v6 fixing. What I don't like about doing that is when you lock into a specific channel for recorings it limits the way sage is able to schedule recordings when there are unusual conficts like American idol being 2 hours twice a week, etc.. When sage has complete control and is not limited it can do a much better job than me finding when to schedule things...

Darin
Old 02-19-2007, 07:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

As I prepare to take the HD plunge, I too would have expected/preferred to have Sage intelligently select to record from an HD source instead of just any showing.

Given that oine show will probably air two or three times in HD (East and West feeds), in addition to other airings, Sage should resolve conflicts and select the best airing to record, including selecting an HD airing when it is available.

IMHO, "Locking" a recording to one channel only defeats some of the advantage of using a system like Sage.

Maybe this should be on the wish list for the next release ! Or is this something that can be tweaked by the community ?

My two cents.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sage is supposed to do this, but right now it just doesn't do it all of the time as noted in the eception above. It does work when the same show is on the same time on an HD channel and and SD channel. Sage will pick the HD one. For primetime shows, under normal circumstanced, this is usually the case. On Starchoice sometimes the show (in sd) may be an hour or two earlier than the regular time slot on one of the regional ctv channels. That is where it runs into problems. I doubt if this is ever an issue for U.S. providers as the primetime SD and HD times are probably always the same. But I think it is something that should be resolved and I would still consider it a bug as v6 is supposed to be able to record the from the hd channel when available and now it doesn't in some cases.

Darin