SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-23-2007, 12:20 AM
Sage User

Question Folder View in "Imported Media" not showing all the movies

I just started using the "Imported Videos" in Sage Media Center, because "Browse Media Files" is a laborious process which requires you to scroll through all the directories repeatedly for each file you want to play.

However... if I select "Folder View" in "Imported Videos" it seems to randomly hide/ignore certain movie files. It also creates duplicate named empty folders. If I select "Search" or "All Files," the hidden/ignored files show up no problem. But I vastly prefer "Folder View" so I'd like to use that...

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

I am running SageTV 6.0.19.120 on WinXP pro.

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:03 AM
Administrator

What STV version are you using? It is listed in System Info.

What are the paths to all of your import directories? Maybe the STV code is having some problems parsing the filenames for the folder view.

It might help to see the log from a fresh start of SageTV. Enter the video browser, then just exit SageTV shortly after that. The log will contain a little info about the videos it found.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:01 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
What STV version are you using? It is listed in System Info.
Hrm... which version? Is that different than the version I typed in my original message? SageTV 6.0.19.120.

Quote:
What are the paths to all of your import directories? Maybe the STV code is having some problems parsing the filenames for the folder view.
The import directory in question is z:\#video\

Quote:
It might help to see the log from a fresh start of SageTV. Enter the video browser, then just exit SageTV shortly after that. The log will contain a little info about the videos it found.
And attached is the log file... I didn't see anything in particular that stood out... It was the only log file I saw in my sage directory that had been recently updated.

One interesting update... Since I wrote my original post, I haven't been able to browse z:\video\ in folder view. It simply pops up a window that asks me "Record Options." So I could not watch any videos in z:\video\... but when you said you restart sage to get the logfile, that has changed. Now I view z:\video\ in "Folder View" correctly... and all the videos are listed.... I have no idea why this suddenly changed, because I've restarted sage before to try to get "Folder View" to display correctly. Only somehow this time it worked.... I dunno... very inconsistant behaviour.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tv.sage.mod.0.log.txt (40.3 KB, 254 views)
Old 02-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamix
Hrm... which version? Is that different than the version I typed in my original message? SageTV 6.0.19.120.
Yes it would be different -- I was asking for the STV version, the one you gave is the SageTV version. It is listed on the System Info line that says "Current STV File:"

Quote:
The import directory in question is z:\#video\

And attached is the log file... I didn't see anything in particular that stood out... It was the only log file I saw in my sage directory that had been recently updated.
For future reference, here is the way to turn on debug logging.

Quote:
One interesting update... Since I wrote my original post, I haven't been able to browse z:\video\ in folder view. It simply pops up a window that asks me "Record Options." So I could not watch any videos in z:\video\... but when you said you restart sage to get the logfile, that has changed. Now I view z:\video\ in "Folder View" correctly... and all the videos are listed.... I have no idea why this suddenly changed, because I've restarted sage before to try to get "Folder View" to display correctly. Only somehow this time it worked.... I dunno... very inconsistant behaviour.
You might want to leave logging on to have something to submit to SageTV if it stops working again.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:38 AM
Sage User

Ok here is what else I've uncovered:

Current STV File: SageTV4.xml (Version 6.0.18.0 December 18, 2006)

I've also enabled logging in sage properties. Once I did that, I restarted Sage, went into the "imported videos" directory, quit sage, and grabbed the log file. I have attached it here.

As of right now, I cannot enter z:\#video\ in my imported videos... If I select the folder z:\#video\ it just pops up "record options" and I have no way of entering the folder... restarting sage seems to have no effect... Thus I cannot watch any of my imported movies. Oh... wait... maybe 4th times the charm... I suddenly can view the videos in z:\#video\ Very random and inconsistant. Again, "Browse Media Files" never has any trouble showing the videos, but Imported Videos in Folder View continues to bust my balls.

I can't speak for previous versions of sage.tv, because I've only just started using Media Center after I installed Sage6.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (52.9 KB, 231 views)
Old 02-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I just started using the "Imported Videos" in Sage Media Center, because "Browse Media Files" is a laborious process which requires you to scroll through all the directories repeatedly for each file you want to play.

However... if I select "Folder View" in "Imported Videos" it seems to randomly hide/ignore certain movie files. It also creates duplicate named empty folders. If I select "Search" or "All Files," the hidden/ignored files show up no problem. But I vastly prefer "Folder View" so I'd like to use that...

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

I am running SageTV 6.0.19.120 on WinXP pro.

Thanks.

FWIW ... There may be some connection to my similar problem ...

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=22666

For me Sage Support said it was a bug in 6.0.19 to be fixed in the eminent 6.1 release. We'll see ...

T.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
FWIW ... There may be some connection to my similar problem ...

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=22666

For me Sage Support said it was a bug in 6.0.19 to be fixed in the eminent 6.1 release. We'll see ...

T.
Certainly sounds similar. Bizarre problems that seem to suddenly remedy themselves, only to break again the next day. I guess Media Center doesn't like network drives.

I had previously tried to run Sage6.1 beta, but it kept freezing up on me... And I forgot to try Media Center while it was installed

Hopefully good news soon!
Old 02-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Certainly sounds similar. Bizarre problems that seem to suddenly remedy themselves, only to break again the next day. I guess Media Center doesn't like network drives.

I had previously tried to run Sage6.1 beta, but it kept freezing up on me... And I forgot to try Media Center while it was installed

Hopefully good news soon!
Yep ... Very weird ... Here today, gone tomorrow?? I haven't tried the 6.1 beta ... got a little burned out fooling with this problem and am bummed I need to go through another upgrade. Hopefully I will recover and get motivated again soon.

If I do get it to work ... I will post back ... T.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I've also enabled logging in sage properties. Once I did that, I restarted Sage, went into the "imported videos" directory, quit sage, and grabbed the log file. I have attached it here.
It found 89 videos & all 89 are listed for the folder view. I hope 89 is the correct count.

Quote:
As of right now, I cannot enter z:\#video\ in my imported videos...
I meant to ask earlier... it really has # as part of the directory name? Can that be used as part of a dir name? ... I may have to create a test dir to try it out & see if that is the problem. Edit: I just tried it & was able to enter that folder & play content from it.

- Andy
Old 02-25-2007, 02:31 AM
Sage User

Quote:
It found 89 videos & all 89 are listed for the folder view. I hope 89 is the correct count.
Yeah 89 is correct. But only at that time... Might add more media files later, refresh, and then the files won't appear. But right now my main problem is when I select the z:\#video\ directory, it won't let me index the directory... It just pops up "Options for" and the option are:

Record Options
View Program Information
Advanced Options
Close

So I can't see any of my files.... sometimes if I restart sage it will then view the z:\#video\ directory... but sometimes it will not.... It's pretty random. And again let me reiterate, that all my problems are while using the Folder View.

Quote:
I meant to ask earlier... it really has # as part of the directory name? Can that be used as part of a dir name? ... I may have to create a test dir to try it out & see if that is the problem. Edit: I just tried it & was able to enter that folder & play content from it.
Yes, it really has # as part of the folder name. This has never been a problem in any windows application before... and it's a perfectly valid character for a windows directory to have. I can't imagine it producing any kind of error.

Again, it's just a crap shoot weather or not Sage will let me view my imported videos... Browse videos always works fine, and it's almost identical to the folder view... I dunno...
Old 02-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
But right now my main problem is when I select the z:\#video\ directory, it won't let me index the directory... It just pops up "Options for" and the option are:

Record Options
View Program Information
Advanced Options
Close
Could you get a log from when this happens? I'm trying to figure out why it would treat a directory that way when you select it.

- Andy
Old 02-26-2007, 12:03 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Could you get a log from when this happens? I'm trying to figure out why it would treat a directory that way when you select it.

- Andy
Hrm I am trying... but now it's working fine. I'll try to update this post when it happens again.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hrm I am trying... but now it's working fine. I'll try to update this post when it happens again.

It will happen again ... Trust me ..

If you run debugging you will eventually catch it in the logs ... Send the 3 files over to George and Andy ...

Mine is very random ... I'll bet it also has something to do with Vista going in and out of sleep mode and Sage not liking it too much ...

I am curious to see if / how they solve yours and if it would work for me. But, for now I am told 6.1 is my solution.

Good Luck! T.