SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Sage Icon

Really odd HDTV behavior

I've had this issue for my HDTV recordings for as long as I can remember, but have never pursued trying to figure it out. It is still happening, maybe even worse, on the new RC. I'll try to explain what is happening, and maybe someone out there can help.

I use the stock UI with two plugins, the popup info, and comskip with edl files.

When I skip past a commercial I see the time marker move to the end of the commercial, but often I'm not through the commercial yet, so I hit ffwd (10 sec skip forward), I see I'm still in the commercial and continue pressing ffwd till I'm into the show. Many times this can be 10-15 ffwd commands. With each command I see the time indicator move forward 10 seconds. When I'm back into the show, I hit bkwd, skip back 10 seconds so that I don't miss anything. At this point I'm still in the show, not the commercial? How can I skip forward 10s, immidiately skip back 10s and still be in the show? I continue hitting bkwd 10-15 times before I hit the commercial again. All the while the time indicator is moving backwards 10s for every click. Eventually I hit the commercial, and every time the time indicator on the scroll bar is back at the end of the commercial mark. I then let it play forward and it goes right into the show.

It appears that the sage player is not really skipping 10s forward when I hit ffwd, but it is moving the time scroll indicator 10s. At the same time, when I finally go from the commerical to the show, I'm actually 1+ min into the show. Its like the first 10+ skips move 1 second each, then the last skip moves 90 seconds forward. The backward skip seems to work fine.

Ideas on what to try to fix it?

BTW, I have absolutely no problems with any SDTV recordings. The are always dead on perfect every the time.

thanks,
Old 02-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is this on all HD recordings? Or just shows that are still recording?

I noticed something the other night watching 24 as it was recording. As long as the show was recording, there was no rhyme or reason to FF and REW behavior. I could press forward and it might move forward 1 sec in the show, or it might jump 20 minutes ahead. The indicator moved as you would expect, but actual position in the show was random. At one point, trying to fast forward through a commercial, I wound up 45 minutes into the show, but the indicator said I was only 3 minutes in.

However, once the show stopped recording, there were no problems; everything worked just as you would expect.

I recently did two things: installed the beta AND installed a new Hauppauge 1600 (my first HD recorder). Therefore, I don't know if this behavior is related to the card or the software.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevpriest
Is this on all HD recordings? Or just shows that are still recording?

I noticed something the other night watching 24 as it was recording. As long as the show was recording, there was no rhyme or reason to FF and REW behavior. I could press forward and it might move forward 1 sec in the show, or it might jump 20 minutes ahead. The indicator moved as you would expect, but actual position in the show was random. At one point, trying to fast forward through a commercial, I wound up 45 minutes into the show, but the indicator said I was only 3 minutes in.

However, once the show stopped recording, there were no problems; everything worked just as you would expect.

I recently did two things: installed the beta AND installed a new Hauppauge 1600 (my first HD recorder). Therefore, I don't know if this behavior is related to the card or the software.
I never watch while it is recording so I don't know if the problem is then also. So for me it was watching the recording. I'm not positive it is for every HD recording as I have not kept that close track of things. I do know that it did it for 24 and Criminal Minds. I believe they are Fox and CBS?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Try it using the stock STV with no plugins. If it still happens, submit a bug report.