SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-21-2007, 04:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
New version up for download

(1.0.6)
- Options for Font Style, Colour and more Size and Position options
- Switchable between two different fonts

Also added a bit more info on the first post

John
YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!
You're caption stvi officially support international fonts and languages!
Thank you very very very much!

Last edited by OferL; 04-27-2007 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

What are the chances we could see a version compatible with SageMC? This one particular task is the only reason I have to use BSPlayer on my Sage box.
SageTV 6.5.4+Webserver 2.21+SageMC 6.3.8a, P4-2.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, 1.5TB HD, 500GB HD, PVR-150, PVR-350, AverMedia A180, ATI x1600 512MB AGP, Audigy Platinum EX, connected to an Sony 46XBR6 LCD via DVItoHDMI and Sony STR-DA2400ES receiver via 5.1 analog.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:41 AM
Sage Icon

SageMC does have the malore version that this is based on built in although it would need a minor tweak to work with avi's.

John
Old 04-24-2007, 07:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

I understand that this plugin works with external CC files, as opposed to how SageTV processes CC (which can also handle live TV.) Is there any way to have SageTV's processing do the "display CC on mute" function that this plugin does? I do like how SageTV handles things, and I like the functionality of this plugin, but there is an unfortunate disconnect between the two. Would this require an entirely new plugin or a re-tool of SageTV's functionality?

HTPC: AMD ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 Motherboard; Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz; 2GB RAM; eVGA 256MB Geforce 7300LE; 1x40GB IDE HDD (OS), 2xSeagate Barracuda 320GB SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Overture II Case; Windows XP Pro SP2; SageTV v6.5
STV: SageMC
Video sources: Currently, none. I'm using SageTV for Music, Photos, and Video playback.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarr View Post
Is there any way to have SageTV's processing do the "display CC on mute" function that this plugin does? I do like how SageTV handles things, and I like the functionality of this plugin, but there is an unfortunate disconnect between the two. Would this require an entirely new plugin or a re-tool of SageTV's functionality?
It was easy enough to do, but there are some operational problems.

One is that there is no way to determine if an MPEG file has captions encoded. If you also have an .smi file, then you can end up with both sets of captions showing.

I don't use captions, so some usage preferences, by those that do would help.

How often would you have an encoded MPEG and an .smi file?
Do you use anything other than the CC1 captions?
Would you like options for toggle on mute to turn on inbuilt CC only for MPEGs and only .smi file for AVIs, or .smi for both, or any other ideas?
Would you want an option to have the inbuilt CC automatically turned off if there is an .smi file? or automatically turned on if there is no .smi file?

First in, First served

John
Old 04-25-2007, 06:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

John,

Ahh...thank you for the info. I need to clarify....

Currently, I only use SageTV's built-in CC capability to occasionally watch CC1 Close Captioning on live and recorded shows. These are the standard MPEG files recorded with a Hauppauge PVR-150. The CC is currently seamless, and works very well. I just wish the SageTV implementation had the "display CC on mute" ability.

I saw that this plugin has that feature, so thought this might be a good place to start. I'm not dealing with any external files (.smi, etc) and at this time, I'm not concerned with AVI's. We use SageTV primarily as a PVR for recorded TV content.

Maybe this would be a feature to request directly to SageTV Support....

HTPC: AMD ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 Motherboard; Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz; 2GB RAM; eVGA 256MB Geforce 7300LE; 1x40GB IDE HDD (OS), 2xSeagate Barracuda 320GB SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Overture II Case; Windows XP Pro SP2; SageTV v6.5
Video sources: Currently, none. I'm using SageTV for Music, Photos, and Video playback.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

I found that "Invalid Cation file" message appears when I play a DVD. It looks like the caption plugin is trying to load captions even on DVD play. It really shouldn't... not a big issue though.

I use the caption plugin for.smi with .avi, .ts, .mkv etc.
No use for embedded cations for me.

Last edited by OferL; 04-27-2007 at 07:10 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
I found that "Invalid Cation file" message appears when I play a DVD.
Thanks, I've got that fixed, but I'm just tiding up some other things before I put another version up for download.

John
Old 04-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Sage Icon

New version available for download

(1.0.7)
- Toggle on mute for Embedded Captions
- Reposition Marker Icons like Comskip Playback import
- Fix displaying Invalid Closed Captioning File when there is no caption file

As I've mention before, I can't find a way to determine if an MPEG file has embedded captions. The new Prefer External Captions works if both an .smi file and embedded captions exist, but if Embedded Captions is Enabled and embedded captions don't exist and Prefer External Captions is set to NO, then no captions will be displayed. External Captions (.smi) can still be enabled in the Video Options panel.

Hopefully amongst it all you can find a setup that works.

John
Old 04-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've downloaded and installed the files into my sagetv directories, all the files are there in jar and stv. Imported Caption_Playback.stvi into my stvi, restarted and gone to detailed setup/customize and there is nothing there regarding cc's or additional menus

I've loaded stvi's many times before without problem. Any clues as to what I should look into?

(PS I assume/hope this works with the NZ SkyTV feeds?)
Old 04-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletop View Post
I've downloaded and installed the files into my sagetv directories, all the files are there in jar and stv. Imported Caption_Playback.stvi into my stvi, restarted and gone to detailed setup/customize and there is nothing there regarding cc's or additional menus

I've loaded stvi's many times before without problem. Any clues as to what I should look into?

(PS I assume/hope this works with the NZ SkyTV feeds?)
You need to do the restart after unzipping and before importing the stvi.

The import is for file based captions. Is Sky transmitting captions? I have notice anything with captions in it.

John
Old 04-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes I have done the restart, a few times now. I have noticed a "CC" logo now appears in "currently recording" bar the as I have mpg2srt running. But no config menu. You will see that multi speed and comskip are there

I did notice Sky advertising some shows with CC recently (can't remember what though). What source do you use for your CC'd programs?
Attached Files
File Type: doc CC.doc (441.5 KB, 436 views)
Old 04-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Sage Icon

What version of Sage are you running?

I don't use captions

John

Last edited by JREkiwi; 04-29-2007 at 12:26 AM.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

(1.0.7)
- Toggle on mute for Embedded Captions
- Reposition Marker Icons like Comskip Playback import
- Fix displaying Invalid Closed Captioning File when there is no caption file

As I've mention before, I can't find a way to determine if an MPEG file has embedded captions. The new Prefer External Captions works if both an .smi file and embedded captions exist, but if Embedded Captions is Enabled and embedded captions don't exist and Prefer External Captions is set to NO, then no captions will be displayed. External Captions (.smi) can still be enabled in the Video Options panel.

Hopefully amongst it all you can find a setup that works.

John
Thank you for the update. I will try it tonight.
I join the request for SageMC if at all possible.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to coryking
Show Analyzer seems to output SMI files that cannot be read by either this STV or the SageMC one.

From what I can tell, there are a couple differences between what mpg2srt (0.3) puts out and what Show Analyzer puts out:

Sample line from Show Analyzer
<SYNC Start=2397><P Class=ENCC>[ Fievel ]<br>AND THEN THE HERO, WYLIE BURP,
<SYNC Start=2474><P Class=ENCC>&nbsp;

Some lines from mpg2srt
<SYNC START="609133">
<P class=ENCC>&nbsp;
<SYNC START="612100">

1) mpg2srt double-quotes the start frame
2) mpg2srt uses all caps for START
3) mpg2srt seems to create an entry for almost every letter...
4) You cannot see it above, but ShowAnalyzer saves it's files as either UTF-16 or UTF-8, which my copy of UltraEdit will pick up as unicode files. The mpg2srt ones are picked up as plain old ASCII files.

I've attached a zip file that has both the mpg2srt output and the ShowAnalyzer output (UTF-8)
Attached Files
File Type: zip SMIs.zip (10.9 KB, 433 views)
Old 04-29-2007, 05:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryking View Post
Show Analyzer seems to output SMI files that cannot be read by either this STV or the SageMC one.
I'll have a look

John
Old 04-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

(1.0.7)
- Toggle on mute for Embedded Captions...
Works like a charm! Thanks!

Old 04-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to coryking
Cool. The version of ShowAnalyzer I'm using is 8.11, which is beta. Let me know if you think they are the ones spitting out bad data and I can go bug them about their bugs.

This file format looks like some kind of bastardized variant of HTML complete with the "feature" of everybody implementing it wrong. Maybe you need to do what Firefox has and have a "Standards Mode" and "Quirks Mode" :-)
Old 04-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

What version of Sage are you running?

John
V5 at the moment. As you will see from the attachment other STVi's have loaded OK.

Quote:

Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Customize -> Captions Playback Options
From your instructions, where should I be seeing "Captions Playback Options" In Advanced or Customise?
Old 04-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletop View Post
V5 at the moment. As you will see from the attachment other STVi's have loaded OK.
From your instructions, where should I be seeing "Captions Playback Options" In Advanced or Customise?
The Captions playback Options should be in Customize, the same as Comskip Playback and in fact uses the same code to insert the Options panel.

Can you try importing into a clean STV, or if that doesn't work can you post your base SageTV3.xml.

John