SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang187 View Post
Anyway to not have the horridly ugly black backround for external subs and have them look more like directvobsub?
It would require a simple code change, but not having directvobsub, I'd need a better description of what directvobsub looked like.

"Not having a horridly ugly black background" leaves quite a bit of scope.

John
Old 09-06-2007, 02:54 AM
Sage User

Heres a sample of what I mean:
http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/9...bsamplewy2.jpg

If you could make your external captions look like this it would be top shelf and damn near perfect. Any way you could also make it so we can have different text fonts and colors for individual films? Like have the subs for "300" be red and in blood spatter font or any given comedy be in comic sans font? I know im probably reaching with the last request but it would add a sweet element of emersion into our sage viewed films.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:32 AM
Sage Icon

I'll see what I can do.

You can already define 2 different fonts and 4 colors, but not on a movie specific basis. That just sounds too complex.

John
Old 09-06-2007, 03:49 AM
Sage User

There are editors out there that can edit subs and their fonts, anyway to make your stvi recognize that each individual .smi file uses a different font and color?
Old 09-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
New version available for download

(1.1.6)
- Added option to continuously read .smi file (for a changing file)
- Fixed marker icons placement when "Show recording status marker icons in lists" is disabled
- Reworked options panel in SageMC
- Added option to delete .smi files when a video is deleted (SageTV only)

John
Option to continuously read the .smi file is awesome! time to get into 6.2.7 and test all this out!!! I've been waiting for the rigth catalyst!

THANK YOU So much!!!! and 9/4 was my birthday so thanks for the present!
DEFAULT STV
Comskip triggered by DirMON2 --- HD100 / HD200 /HD300
BMI fanart
Old 09-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Sage Icon

New version available for download

(1.1.7)
- Added option for no background on .smi captions
- Added panel to change more .smi display options while playing a video
- Added more options for .smi captions color and background.

John
Old 09-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Sage User

always displays the captions be default

i have version 1.1.1 and sage 6.0, i upgraded to sage 6.2 and imported the Caption Playback version 1.1.7 and it works like it should except it always displays the captions be default and i don't know how to not have them on be default, i looked in Sage.properties and changed a few things but nothing worked how i wanted it to. for the time being i set custom3 to a button on my remote and just turn off the captions after starting playback of a recording or live tv. please let me know how to fix this. thanks
Old 09-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Sage Icon

around 1.1.6, the default CC behavior changed slightly. In Detailed setup, go to Captions playback options and set "external captions" and "embedded captions" to disabled. Disabled is CC off at startup, and Enabled is CC on startup.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Sage Fanatic

Just spotted this import while browsing the list of downloads. Glad to see that the work I did is still being put to use.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Sage Icon

Thank you for your initial work on closed caption playback, and to JREkiwi for continuing the idea.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by malore View Post
Just spotted this import while browsing the list of downloads. Glad to see that the work I did is still being put to use.
It's a testimony to the great work that was done in, to paraphrase Homer "the STV that launched a thousand imports".

John
Old 09-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I saw someone mention HDHR recordings. I was wondering, does this plugin allow the CC data to be used for showanalyzer on HDHR recordings?
Old 09-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Sage Icon

what are you looking to do, use the CC data to make showanalyzer more accurate? If so, no this plugin won't do that. now, if showanalyzer can load an .smi file to use while commercial scanning a recording, I dunno?

you can use ccextractor to extract CC from a digital recording. It's the only program that I know of that does digital CC extraction right now. I use it to extract CC from my HDHR and Firewire recordings.

Old 09-27-2007, 01:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Caption Playback in sage client

hello all,

i'm using the Caption Playback 1.1.7 plugin in my sagetv server and it is workinig just fine, but when i'm trying to watch movies in my csageTv Client, i cant make it work!

What do i need to do to make the Caption Playback work on my client system.

Thanks
Old 09-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
What do i need to do to make the Caption Playback work on my client system.
The reason it works on your server and not your client is that your server has direct accessto the .smi file, your client does not. The Sage sever will send the video to your client, but not the .smi file. So the client needs to go get it itself from the server. Right now, you have the server set to record shows to something like E:\recordings. The server tells the client that the recording was at E:\recordings\tvshow.mpg, so the client trys to load the matching .smi file from its own E drive, looking for E:\recordings\tvshow.smi and cant find it. The server says the recording is on the E drive, but whois?

The solution is to either use UNC paths for your recording directory. If you record to, for example, \\Server\Recordings , then the client will go to \\server\recordings withh out any problems.

If you don't want to do UNC paths, then you can try to map the same drive letter on your client to the same drive on the server. So, if you were recording to the E drive, then you would need to map E on your client to the root of the E drive on the server. then, when the client looks for E:\recordings\tvshow.smi on the local E drive, it will find it through the drive mapping back to the server.

UNC paths are much easier in the long run, expecially if you have multiple clients or your recording drive letters on the server would overlap existing drive letters on the clients that would prevent drive mapping back to the server.

Last edited by ke6guj; 09-27-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

new video card and now no Closed captions

I just had my video card die and up until then my closed captioning was working perfect. Now, I installed an ATI X1550 video card and can not get the closed captions to work. Any ideas?
Old 09-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Sage Icon

check your video settings in Sage for stuff like the Video Renderer for overlay vs VMR9.

And if using Overlay, try playing with "Overlay color keyiing" and see if that makes a difference.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

CC

I checked all of that..seems to be fine and I have made no changes to it. I seem to remember when I got it working the first time there was a registry key I had to change to point my CC from my Hauppauge 150 to the correct video card. Anyone have any idea what i am talking about?
Old 09-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Sage Icon

OK, are you talking about .smi captioning or the built-in captioning recorded via the 150?

There were no regedits needed to make CC via the 150 work at all. If you did not mess with the 150's driver any, then you should still have CC in the mpeg file. You can run mpg2srt on a recording to make sure the CC is still being recorded. If it is there, then it is just a display problem.

You say they don't work, how? Tthe captions option is stuck at OFF in the pop-up? Or you can change the captions to CC1 but you don't get any display. What video decoder are you using? embedded captions need a DVD decoder like nVidia Purevideo or PowerDVD/WinDVD. Sage MPEG decoder won't work. If running in overlay, you have to turn off "overlay color keying"

Old 09-28-2007, 07:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

cc

Neither one of them work smi or built-in. I am using vmr9 w/ 3d and nvidia purevideo decoder. The captions are in the file and I can select the cc option and it goes to cc1 but no captions on screen.