SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sky have changed channel numbers again

Oooo I hate Sky!

I'll go through the channel lineup file again and post a new xml file for lmgestion's importer this weekend.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:45 AM
Sage Fanatic

I'm sure they do it deliberately just to annoy those of us who don't use sky plus.

Like you say, yet another job for the weekend........
Old 03-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

I sent them an e-mail a couple of weeks ago asking them to provide and xmltv type server. The reply indicated that they knew axactly what I was talking about but they went on to say that they had no plans to do it at the moment. maybe more people shoudl send them e-mails?
Old 03-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

They weren't very happy with me last night when I cancelled the movies subscription.

I was paying £47 a month for sky plus, multiroom and movies.

Cancelling the movies takes the basic package to £21. The multiroom is £10, and theres £10 for the Sky+ as I'd cancelled the movies. They eventually let me turn the features off on the Sky+ box so that it works just as a normal Sky box. They had to pass me around to 3 different people before they agreed that this could be done.

The new bill is £31 a month. Its still a lot, but when the lodger moves out I'll knock off the multiroom, bringing it down to £21. Then I might get freeview.

Sky's prices seem to keep creeping up and up, you have to keep an eye on them...!!!
Old 03-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
They weren't very happy with me last night when I cancelled the movies subscription.

I was paying £47 a month for sky plus, multiroom and movies.

Cancelling the movies takes the basic package to £21. The multiroom is £10, and theres £10 for the Sky+ as I'd cancelled the movies. They eventually let me turn the features off on the Sky+ box so that it works just as a normal Sky box. They had to pass me around to 3 different people before they agreed that this could be done.

The new bill is £31 a month. Its still a lot, but when the lodger moves out I'll knock off the multiroom, bringing it down to £21. Then I might get freeview.

Sky's prices seem to keep creeping up and up, you have to keep an eye on them...!!!
With sage and a dual capture card, and a multi room subscription, it's a lot better than just sky plus, anyway.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

I agree, the only reason I hadn't cancelled the sky plus before was because it's free if you have a premium package. I haven't recorded a thing on it since going the sage route.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

The latest channel list.....

I've attached the two xml files required by lmGestion's xmltv importer to this posting. Hope it helps someone!

This is the latest Sky channel listing.

It turned out to be very few changes. They've just moved animal planet and animal planet +1 but I think I found a couple of other errors in the last version of the files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip channels.zip (7.7 KB, 468 views)

Last edited by motobarsteward; 03-10-2007 at 05:19 PM.