SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Dealing with low sound in HD recordings

I just got a new HD set this week and after a reinstall of windows have gotten stutter-free 1080i playback (using 7600GT/purevideo/overlay). My only issue now is with the sound. I'm using an HDhomerun, and the .ts files very low volume. I am using AC3filter, and I am able to up the gain to get the audio to sound OK, but then when I switch back to a standard def recording from my PVR-150s, I have to crank the volume way down.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Is there an easy way to switch the gain on AC3filter? Or should I reduce the volume on my PVR150s (there is a way to do this in the registry, right)? Reducing the 150 volume is not an idea solution, since I will be lowering the dynamic range of the recorded signal.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Sage Icon

I had the low sound issue until I night. Last night I checked for OS patches and saw "Dvico - Sound - FusionHDTV USB, AVStream Capture(ATSC1)" and downloaded it. I do have have this card in addition to my Homerun, but only record with the Homerun. After installing the patch the sound is much better, still not good as SD but much closer. I believe this patch is listed in the add or remove programs as "High Definition Audio Driver Package - KB888111", you should check out this patch.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlgar View Post
I had the low sound issue until I night. Last night I checked for OS patches and saw "Dvico - Sound - FusionHDTV USB, AVStream Capture(ATSC1)" and downloaded it. I do have have this card in addition to my Homerun, but only record with the Homerun. After installing the patch the sound is much better, still not good as SD but much closer. I believe this patch is listed in the add or remove programs as "High Definition Audio Driver Package - KB888111", you should check out this patch.
Are you saying that this patch workd for both the HDHR and the Divco or just the Divco. I had the same low audio problem with my Divco Lite card and just added an HDHR and love it except it plays Qam HD digitals at much lower volume than even the non HD digitals.
Seems like a problem the Sage should address by giving us some kind of audio level adjustments for different audio sources. I know it has to do with HD signals being Ac3 and non HD being Mpeg but I am not sure when it comes to in the clear non HD digital Qam channels.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Dave
Seasonic S-12 380w, NEC 3520a Onboard SoundStorm S/PDIF out
WD-Caviar 120GB IDE (System) Seagate (3) Baracuda 250GB sata (Pooled)
GF-7600gs Forceware 93.71 Nvida-Decoder V.4.02.223HDHR-Prime 3-Digital Fios ,HDhomeRun-Qam/FIOS
Clients:GA-MA78GM-S2H -AMD 4800- Sage TV Client-FireFly Remote - Amd x2 Turino LAPTOP - HD-100 + MVP Client DVR Verizon Fios/ B]
Old 03-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Sage User

If you download the full version of Ac3filter, you can adjust to gain on specific types of audio - Ac3, PCM, etc. I think that's probably what you're looking for.