SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Sage User

Problems with Pinnacle 310i jitters

Hello,

Just bought SageTV but the live digital TV jitters as if the arial is not good enough.

The card is a pinnacle pvtv 310i PCI card which works perfectly (quality & Signal) when the Pinnacle media centre software was installed on the PC. So arial and tuner card must be OK

Some time ago I evaluated SageTV (it was ver 6 but not sure of actual release) on this same machine and it worked perfectly on this same hardware so hardware could not be at fault

The machine is windowsXP home
the pinnacle driver is 1.3.3.0 30/08/2005 (according to windows/system)

Im sure that SageTV is identifing it differently to when I evaled it some time ago. SageTV says it is "Pinnacle PCTV 310i BDA Analog capture TV Tuner" - which is confusing at it is a digital tuner card.

I have found a pinnacle ariel power utility for the 310i but either off or on the problem is still the same

Could anyone Advise?

Best Regards,

Jason
Old 03-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Sage User

Fixed

The jitters were fixed by installing the Pinnacle Media Centre application and then preventing the service from starting