SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Exclamation Supported Tuners: which ones work, which ones do not?

The current list of tuners supported for use with SageTV is listed on the SageTV System Requirements page.

In order to keep the list up to date, we would like to know any of the following information:
  • Are you using a tuner on that list which is not fully working properly? If so, which one(s)?

• Are you using, or trying to use, a tuner that is not on the list? If so, let us know if it does currently work with SageTV.

For any responses, please let us know what Operating System you are using:
  • Windows
  • Linux

Also include the type of tuner it is: Analog NTSC/PAL SD TV, ATSC, DVB-T, etc.

This topic is for reporting additional tuners that are working, or for reporting supported tuners that don't work. Please keep extended discussions of issues you are trying to solve in separate threads.

Thank you.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Sage User

Windows SageTV v6.1

Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T USB2 (external) tuners - work ok standalone but dual setup gives capture error on one of the tuners.

Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T-Stick USB tuners - replaced the above with these and everything now works ok.

Cheers, Chris.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've used the following DVB-T tuners in Windows with SageTV 6.1:
  • Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Pro PCI - Using WHQL Drivers from Windows Update
  • Dvico FusionHDTV USB - Using the FusionHDTV 3.41 Drivers( Later drivers have slow channel changes )
  • VisionPlus/Twinhan TwinhanDTV (VP-3021) - Using WHQL 1.2.3.8 Drivers
  • TT-budget / Nova-T - Using TechnoTrend Version 4.4.10.18 Drivers
All work very well for me, except the NOVA-T. It previously worked well, but now tends to behave erratically. I do think it's a BDA driver issue, as other products such as MyTheatre & the TechnoTrend supplied application appear to have the same symptoms. I'm using their now erratic performance as a justification to build a SageTV Linux server - Just to see how they go

*** Issue Resolved *** : You can put the Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Pro PCI back on the working list - I identified the problem.. It was a combination of PEBKAC and new channels appearing on transponders which upset my existing xmltv channel lineups - Hence the 'NO SIGNAL'

Cheers

Peter

Last edited by peterjb; 04-15-2007 at 03:59 AM. Reason: *** Resolved ***
Old 04-06-2007, 02:36 AM
Sage User

Windows 6.1
  • FloppyDTV T/CI - BDA driver 4.8
  • FireDTV C/CI - BDA driver 4.8
  • WinTV-Nova-TD-Stick (only one of the tuners available in Sage) - Driver 3.5.25032.0
  • WinTV-PVR-500 - Driver 2.0.48.24227

/Kenneth

Last edited by kwallin; 04-06-2007 at 02:45 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:04 AM
Sage User

AVerMedia M1A2 Dual Tuner PCI

AVerMedia M1A2 Dual Tuner PCI color calibration doesn't save settings.

Latest version of sagetv, windows XP.

Emile
Old 04-06-2007, 06:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

These DVB-T devices all work well with SageTV 6.1 in XP And XPMCE

Kworld V-Stream Xpert DTV ( DVBT100)
Leadtek DTV1000
USB Stick using Dibcom 7700 Chipset
Old 04-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the comments so far. Anyone else have a tuner that:
  1. is not on the supported tuners list and it works - or not, let us know either way

or

2. is on the supported tuners list and it does not work

Please see the first post of this topc for the info we would like for any cards you list.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:07 AM

Itemstech ITV-722

Windows XP
SageTV 6.1

Using Itemstech PCTV ITV-722 hybrid USB ATSC/NTSC with Sage. I only use the ATSC right now. Seems to work well enough. I have not set up the NTSC because the picture is so much worse. Will try it this weekend.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:16 PM
Administrator

The SageTV Requirements page has been updated for some additional tuners. It also now includes a Linux section for most tuner types.

If you've reported problems with a tuner above, please also follow up with tech support so they can look into resolving any of those issues.

- Andy
Old 04-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm now using the DVB-T Nova T 500 dual tuner with no problems with the latest release. This is under windows XP.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm using a Dvico FusionHDTV Dual Digital 4 DVB-T (Australian version)
All seems to work quite well, although it does seem to be very prone to external interference, and the channel changes take around 1.5 - 2 seconds.
I'm using WinXP Pro.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi,

I am using two ATI Theater 650 Pro pci cards on a windows system.

I started using them with sage V5 and they had jumpy playback with live tv. If I paused playback for a few seconds then all was good. Recordings played back just fine. I got around this by setting the delay between tuning and playback for 5 seconds.

With V6.1 beta I have the delay set to a half second and everything is working fine so far. I have not had a chance to upgrade to the V6.1 official release as of yet. Update: Jumpy playback at times. Less severe than with V5 but still a problem.

FWIW the pq on these tuners absolutely blows away the pvr500mce I used previously.

Jesse
HD300 X1

Last edited by Jesse; 05-01-2007 at 01:28 PM. Reason: update information
Old 04-20-2007, 08:50 AM
Sage User

i'm using a terratec cinergy 1200 DVB-C with BDA drivers works fine here.. tuning QAM256 channels... but was a bit work to get it running (not recommended for newbies

Server: Athlon X2 4850e (2x2,5Ghz); AMD 780G Chipset, 2 Gb RAM ; ATI Radeon HD 3200; Technotrend S2-3200 DVB-S + CI, Hauppauge PVR 150 (only as IR receiver)
Winows XP Pro; SageTV v6.4.5
Clients: Placeshifter
Old 04-20-2007, 08:57 AM
Sage Expert

Im using an ATI HDTV Wonder + a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1600, with no problems.

BTW multiple HDTV Wonders wont work together
Old 04-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Sage Icon

I have been using two On-AIR GT-USB's for ClearQAM since October.

recently I upgraded my Mediaserver PC to a CORE2 DUO and all hell broke loose.

Long story short, I understand that the GT's do not work on Multi-threaded CPUs (dual core's or Hyperthreading) and will cause crashes. It is particularly bad if I'm using the Intervideo codec. The nvidia codec quiets it down a bit but I cannot do a complete channel scan or Sage core will crash.

Stacy
Old 05-03-2007, 12:24 AM

AVerMedia HYBRID+FM (A16A)

AVerMedia HYBRID+FM (A16A)
Analog TV (PAL) and HDTV (DVB-T) + FM tuner

Sage version 6.1 and Windows 2000.

Analog tuner won't work under SageTV.
Digital works but will not tune the SBS channel (Brisbane - Australia) maybe to be a problem with the predefined frq file.
Other problems are that one channel (ABC - Brisbane) can cause it to drop sound (crackling). This was the same channel that would occasionally crash Sage version 6.0. All other digital channels work fine.

It may not be a card related problem but the information for the program guide that comes from the card is sometimes missing large blocks of information. When this happens the particular channels can not be selected. This has only happened since upgrading to Version 6.1.

Will probably change to a dedicated Single tuner HDTV card when I get time to research an alternative.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:15 AM

I'm using two Avermedia A780 combo PciE cards. The digital tuners work well (although I'm still trying to correct some stuttering). But Sage crashes when switching from a digital to analog station about 1 in 10 times. The crash is in mpeg2dump.exe. It will also occasionally crash on bootup if the current channel is analog.

Sage 6.1.9
Windows XP - Media Center Edition
AN8-SLI Premium/AMD 3200+
NVidia 7600GT
Avermedia A780 (2x)
NVIDIA Bronze Decoder
AC3Filter

Last edited by aj_blair; 05-29-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_blair View Post
I'm using two Avermedia A780 combo PciE cards. The digital tuners work well (although I'm still trying to correct some stuttering). But Sage crashes when switching from a digital to analog station about 1 in 10 times. The crash is in mpeg2dump.exe. It will also occasionally crash on bootup if the current channel is analog.
The first thing to do would be to check your version of Java -- if using v1.5, try using v1.6 instead.

If a Java update doesn't help, then contact SageTV support for further help. In addition to the debug log, I was told they will be asking for a Dr.Watson log for crashes like this: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson".

- Andy
Old 06-19-2007, 02:01 PM

Windows, Sage 6.1.9.135

Using Satelco EasyWatch DVB-C / CI will crash SageTV when card is selected from setup. Gave up.

Currently using FloppyDTV which works so far (yet to get the remote to work).
Old 07-08-2007, 03:52 PM

I am trying to get an ATI AIW Radeon X800GT to work. It is an AGP/ analogue/software-encoding card.
System: Windows XP SP2, Pentium 4, 1.8 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 80 GB HDD, Intel chipset.

SageTV connects to it and reports things OK, but trying to display video from any connector (S-Video, Composite, TV-Tuner) results in this error-message:

It says (in German): "There was a recording/capture-error in playback/display. ERROR (-0,2..x) in using a Sage TV component. Please re-install the application." Can anyone make a suggestion?

I tried that two times, but re-installation did not help. Sage TV sees the card and seems to find channels, but there's no sound or video...