SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Get FM radio in SageMC through MVP?

I'm not if there is an existing customisation for this.

What I'm looking for is to integrate FM radio into my SageMC that I run on a MVP. As of yet I don't have an FM tuner but I'm guessing I can get a PCI / USB one quite cheap. I want that to sit on the server and be able to choose which channels to tune through my MVP.

Has anything like this been done? If not, does anyone have any suggestions how to get radio via my MVP?
Old 04-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Currently, the only way to get any audio over to the MVP is to send it over in recording form, ie: Mp3, AAC, Video, etc..the MVP does not have the capability to accept streams. This is why the web radio plugins do not work with the MVP

At this time, nobody has either A) Figured out how to record audio then allow the MVP to read that file, (similar to liveTV) or B) has just not even tried.

Either way, no, nothing exists right now for what you would want to do.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

thanks for that. Some jedi mind trick is now needed for my wife. Literally the first thing she's ever asked me to put into our htpc and i'm screwed.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Now we just need to see if her nagging will be enough of a drive for you to pick up the necessary programming skills and bring this sort of thing to the community

for me, i just need to dangle something shiny in front of mine and all is forgotten

EDIT: I noticed another thread dedicated to FM radio surfaced in the last week. They seem to indicate that it does work with the MVP. Not sure if they have an MC import though.

But at least that shows it IS possible. Good luck

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.

Last edited by FidgetyRat; 04-23-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat View Post
Now we just need to see if her nagging will be enough of a drive for you to pick up the necessary programming skills and bring this sort of thing to the community

for me, i just need to dangle something shiny in front of mine and all is forgotten

EDIT: I noticed another thread dedicated to FM radio surfaced in the last week. They seem to indicate that it does work with the MVP. Not sure if they have an MC import though.

It IS possible, Hauppauge's own software supports it...it'd be nice to see it in Sage...
Old 04-24-2007, 03:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat View Post
I noticed another thread dedicated to FM radio surfaced in the last week. They seem to indicate that it does work with the MVP. Not sure if they have an MC import though.

Yeah that looks like it will work but I think only if you have a TV tuner with built in FM support. I'm users DVB-T tuners and was hoping that I could install a seperate FM receiver.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

The sky digiboxes have built in radio's, but the problem is that the channel numbers for those have 4 digits (starting with a 0) , whereas the TV channels have 3.

I don't know if its possible to somehow configure sage to work with these radio channels.

I don't know if you can set it to say 1011 for BBC1, where the sky box would change to channel 101, and then error with the last 1. I haven't tried it yet, its not very elegant either.