SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Sage Icon

OK, at least we know it isn't really a comskip issue, but more of a FF issue. I think JREkiwi may need to look into it to see if it is something in his import that can be fixed.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrdude View Post
FF1 (10 seconds) works flawlessly.
FF2 (30 seconds) works fine
FF2 (150 seconds) closed captions and video are about 20 seconds out of sync
comskip: same as FF2
What happens to the sync if you do the reverse of this test using a skip backwards from the out of sync condition.

Also can you repeat this test starting when it's in sync doing skip backwards.

John
Old 08-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

More observations...

Here are my unscientific observations:

Video and cc out of sync:
RW1: after four or five clicks it comes back into sync
RW2 (30 seconds): from time to time comes back into sync (other times slightly out of sync)
RW2 (150 seconds): doesn't ever seem to come into sync

Video and cc in sync:
RW1: goes out of sync
RW2 (30 seconds): goes out of sync
RW2 (150 seconds): goes out of sync
FW1: stays in sync
FW2 (30 seconds): stays in sync
FW2 (150 seconds): goes out of sync

I hope that this helps you!
Old 08-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for that testing, but I can't get it to fail. On my test file the captions stay in sync when I skip both forward and backward.

Could you try grabbing a trial version of VideoRedo and running a Quickstream fix on a file and see if that makes a difference. You may be suffering from the common irregular PTS problem on digital captures.

I'm not sure if the registry change for RebuildPTS still works, but if you can try a QuickStream fix we might have a better idea of what's happening.

John
Old 08-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for all your help.

Video redo greatly improves both rewind and fast forward with closed caption synchronization.

That being said, it still goes haywire after commercials. I found that after commercials, I let it run for a bit, and then hit rewind1 a few times and it syncs up again. I am ok with that.

Coming back to my other question, is there a way to activate closed captions from a remote button. I have the hauppauge 45 button remote, and I would really like to link it up with the sub/cc button.

Thanks!

Last edited by herrdude; 08-05-2007 at 07:51 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-05-2007, 01:56 AM
Sage Icon

I'll see if I can do anything about re-syncing faster after a commercial skip and should be able to add an on/off to a custom button.

John
Old 08-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Great! Looking forward to it!
Old 08-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

I been planning on setting up a DVR using PVR 500 and need the Closed Caption feature since I am deaf.

I was going to go with MythTV becasue I ran it before and CC is nice however I need something in Windows and wanted some way to see if I can get CC in Windows DVR software expsically when I plans to do HTDV and was doing search finding this post.

I am glad to see folks working on project to improve the CC quaity like this and I woudl be glad to donate such folks who keep project alive. I think I will go with SageTV rather than MythTV even SageTV does not offer support on CC but looks like there enough folks willing to give an hand on it.

Thank to all the folks whom make CC possible for us deaf folks in DVR!

I can't wait to get my PVR 500 here but I am also looking for a HDTV tuner as well too a OTA with CC too so any recommandations on brand of OTA HDTV tuner that works with SageTV??

Thank you again!
Bill
Old 08-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Sage Icon

Well, with the PVR-500 (and 24201+ drivers), you should get almost perfect CC that is rendered by the SageTV core, no need to extract out the captions for JREkiwi's excellent CC plugin.

As for an OTA HDTV tuner, I believe that any of them that will work in Sage will work so you can get the CC out of them. I like the HDHomerun, 2 OTA or QAM tuners in one box. Once you have the program recorded, then you can extract the CC out of it with ccextractor and use JREkiwi's CC plugin to display the extracted CC.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Well, with the PVR-500 (and 24201+ drivers), you should get almost perfect CC that is rendered by the SageTV core, no need to extract out the captions for JREkiwi's excellent CC plugin.

As for an OTA HDTV tuner, I believe that any of them that will work in Sage will work so you can get the CC out of them. I like the HDHomerun, 2 OTA or QAM tuners in one box. Once you have the program recorded, then you can extract the CC out of it with ccextractor and use JREkiwi's CC plugin to display the extracted CC.

So Digital CC can't be watch live or real time on SageTV and the show need to be recorded and extracted before you can watch it with CC?

Thank you for your reponse.
Bill

P.S. Sorry if I am off topic here and Ill start a new thread if needed.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
So Digital CC can't be watch live or real time on SageTV and the show need to be recorded and extracted before you can watch it with CC?
Currently, you can't watch the Digital CC in realtime, maybe in sort of delayed "live" so that the ccextractor has time to pre-scan what you are watching.

Someone was messing with that scenario, start watching a show 15 minutes into the recording. Dirmon2 would have seen the recording start 15 minutes earlier and trigger a CC scan with ccextractor. CCextractor would scan until the end of the current recording and stop. Then 5-10 minutes later, Dirmon2 would have ccextractor rescan the file for more CC, and so on.

I beleive that JREkiwi was looking into whether or not the CC import could reload the extracted CC file as it grew during the re-scans.

The best solution is to get Sage to natively support the embedded digital CC and not need to extract the CC in order to view it. I sent in feature requests for that once I knew for certain that the Digital CC was there in the captured recordings.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Currently, you can't watch the Digital CC in realtime, maybe in sort of delayed "live" so that the ccextractor has time to pre-scan what you are watching.

Someone was messing with that scenario, start watching a show 15 minutes into the recording. Dirmon2 would have seen the recording start 15 minutes earlier and trigger a CC scan with ccextractor. CCextractor would scan until the end of the current recording and stop. Then 5-10 minutes later, Dirmon2 would have ccextractor rescan the file for more CC, and so on.

I beleive that JREkiwi was looking into whether or not the CC import could reload the extracted CC file as it grew during the re-scans.

The best solution is to get Sage to natively support the embedded digital CC and not need to extract the CC in order to view it. I sent in feature requests for that once I knew for certain that the Digital CC was there in the captured recordings.

Where can I send in the feature request for digital CC support?

Perhaps more submissions will encourage them to natively support digital CC in their next verision and I will get more deaf friends to submit a feature request for it too.

Thanks for explaining it!
Bill

Last edited by TechBill; 08-06-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Sage Icon

http://sage.tv/request.html

I just filed that out and sent it in stating that I wanted offical Sage CC support for the CC data that was already captured via the digital stream.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

I too just submitted an official request for real time digital caption support.

I was trying to break the file into chuncks in order to get the captions to continue seamlessly with Dirmon2 running, etc. but without a reload or realtime read of the captions file (.smi) it can't work.
DEFAULT STV
Comskip triggered by DirMON2 --- HD100 / HD200 /HD300
BMI fanart
Old 08-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckwell View Post
I was trying to break the file into chuncks in order to get the captions to continue seamlessly with Dirmon2 running, etc. but without a reload or realtime read of the captions file (.smi) it can't work.
You may want to check out the CC import, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=234555, again. JREkiwi has a working import that looks like it reloads .smi files on the fly, which should let you do delayed-live viewing.