SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-10-2007, 05:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Channel remap - V6.1

Good morning,

I'm still a bit confused on how to correctly remap channels. I'm using SageTV 6.1 with an AverMedia A180 and an OTA antenna. In the configuration, it seems to detect my Channel 3 (actually being broadcast on 53-1) and it's subchannels as [1-3-1], [1-3-2], and [1-3-3]. Now, in the Setup Video sources, this channel is viewable correctly. However, while trying to watch Live TV, it will not tune properly, and leaves it on the last Digital station the A180 had tuned to. I'm guessing this is due to the fact that the first number in the mapping is set to 1 incorrectly?

So, to clarify: The actual stations are broadcast on:
53-1
52-2
53-3

But, I want them to correctly appear at:
3-1
3-2
3-3

.... What is the correct procedure to do this? Every time I try to remap the physical or logical channels, it seems to mess it up worse.. lol

Help. Please
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 05-17-2007, 06:24 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianEh View Post
Good morning,
I'm still a bit confused on how to correctly remap channels.
Welcome to the dance... This has to be one of the worst bits of Sage TV. I'm trying to set up 4 x DVB-T and 2 x DVB-S on two lines ups using the plugins which all seems fine and makes perfect sense - UNTIL I scan the tuners and it appears to assign the channels in the XMLTV lineups to random "channels" from the DVB streams (regardless of if there's actually any video data in the stream!). Trying to fix it via remapping appears to only make it work. Last night I went through and disabled all the channels that were incorrectly mapped or showing no signal, yet today half the channels which were working are showing no signal again. I'm on the verge of giving up and going back to crashy buggy GB-PVR because at least you can set it up in less than three months, and it doesn't hang each time the aspect ratio changes during a broadcast.
Does anyone know how this absurd logical / physical / channel numbering / lineup / mapping works (or at least is supposed to!)?
For a start in DVB-T, there are (frequency) channels which carry data streams which demux into multiple stations (or channels) - there are no physical channel numbers so the whole thing is VERY confusing, even if you can get it to work at all.
For reference GB-PVR simply provides a list of the station names from the XMLTV lineup, check boxes to enable / disable, and a drop down list of detected TV channels from the tuner. This combined with a preview box allows easy channel mapping.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:28 PM
SageTVaholic

53-3-1
53-3-2
53-3-3

Physical remap

B
Old 06-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Sage User

Manual update

This is just crying for a manual update. What is missing is a definition of "logical channel", "physical channel", "station". Probably the techies had a clear idea of what is what but failed to to convey this clearly to the docu-guys.

A simple documentation update would help here, SageTV