SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Sage User

Thumbs down Help: Can't get XMLTV and Multiple sources to work!

I'm using the latest SageTV version (6.1.9.0) and I'm trying to get the EPG to work correctly, but I can't!

I have 3 x Hauppauge WinTv PVR2 USB2 tuners in my PC.

Tuner 1: I'm using 5 analogue antenna channels (BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, Channel 4and Five) from antenna broadcast. Composite/SVideo NOT used on this.

Tuner 2: Composte (Sky Digital)

Tuner 3: Composte (Digital terrestrial)

I've followed one of the guides which I obtained from this website several months ago... using xerces.jar and inputting 0000 for the phone number... blah blah... etc. BUT, no matter what I do, I can't get EPG guide data for all the channels properly.

The best I'm getting at the moment is:
Composite 1 <--- No Data
Composite 1 <--- No Data
BBC1 <--- Full listings
BBC2 <--- Full listings
ITV1 <--- Full listings
Channel 4 <--- Full listings
Five <--- Full listings

Obviously the two composte channels are for the Sky Digital and Digital terrestrial channels, but no matter how hard I try mappying physical and logical channels I just can't get it right. By the way, what I'm trying to do is get full listings for all 7 channels:

Sky One (Tuner 2's composte)
ITV2 (Tuner 3's composite)
BBC1
BBC2
ITV1
Channel 4
Five

Am I missing something obvious??!

Please please help
Old 05-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo6 View Post
I'm using the latest SageTV version (6.1.9.0) and I'm trying to get the EPG to work correctly, but I can't!
You'll need a different lineups for your sources. It may be very much simpler to use my Importer (see signature) to create lineups that will suit your sources. Once your lineups are created it will be very easy to select the ad hoc lineup for each source in SageTV.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Sage User

Question Importer installed, but configuration problem ...

Hi Stéphane,
Thanks for your reply. I downloaded your importer software and from the look of things, its the kind of thing I need!

Only problem is that when I ran your software and was configuring it, it was all going ok to the point when I'm at the "Edit Line-ups and Channels" dialogue box. I have managed to successfully edit the channels and the categories (good feature by the way!), but I can't click on 'Next' on the main dialogue box. By the way, when I click on "Edit Ratings" button, I get the error message "No ratings found in XMLTV file". Is this why it wont allow me to click on Next??
Old 05-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Sage User

Angry

I figured out why it wouldn't let me click next: Its because I didn't fill in all the channel numbers!

Anyway, I followed all the steps and when it came to assigning the xmltv channel lineup, i clicked on over the air, but instead of getting XMLTV, i got a list of a load of american tv stations!!

Is this because I didn't use the xerces jar thing or put the xmltv directory inside the sagetv program folder?? Your guide never said to do any of there steps!

What I did, was install SageTV and then the STVXMLTVS importer...

Where am I going wrong? How come no one has produce a proper guide for this???
Old 05-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo6 View Post
Anyway, I followed all the steps and when it came to assigning the xmltv channel lineup, i clicked on over the air, but instead of getting XMLTV, i got a list of a load of american tv stations!!
This is because you do not have selected the right option, one of them is to use XMLTV Data. You should select this option when you setup your video sources.

Quote:
Is this because I didn't use the xerces jar thing or put the xmltv directory inside the sagetv program folder?? Your guide never said to do any of there steps!
This is because it's not needed with my Importer, the setup is taking care of this : create the xmltv directory etc... It even remove xerces.jar if the setup find one in your SageTV directory because it is not needed with my Importer.

You just have to make sure that :

* You have Java Runtime 1.5 or newer
* You setup the XMLTV Importer while SageTV is shutdown (but I guess you have to configure SageTV properly before setting up the Importer, anyway if anything is wrong regarding the sage.properties file, the Importer should warn you).

Quote:
How come no one has produce a proper guide for this???
I pretty detailed how to do this on my web site. Also you can read the FAQ on my web site : it explains things to check when nothing is working right.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Sage User

Smile

Just thought i'd let you know, I completely uninstalled sagetv and ur importer and then re-installed everything and it worked!! In fact, its working brilliantly

Thanks for the excellent plugin