SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-28-2007, 05:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Ah, so the custom allocator-presenter is what makes FSE possible in the first place then? Makes sense. Unfortunately, it doesn't do a very good job at preventing all tearing, whether I have vsync enabled or not, so I see that line creep up the screen 3 or 4 times every few minutes, whereas I never see it in MCE. So I've switched FSE off (since it tends to lock up if you flip away from it too often). I might just go with MCE for all movie playback, but it's kind of a PITA switching these apps around.
If you're any good with WSH scripting, I imagine Nielm's dynamic menus would make it rather easy to accomplish what you mentioned above. The wsh script would be for the activation of MCE and turning off all the parts. Of course you might find it easier to just buy a standalone product like Theatertek or zoomplayer.

B
Old 05-28-2007, 08:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Sounds like FSE isn't working (or at least not right) for you, might be worth a bug report.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
If you're any good with WSH scripting, I imagine Nielm's dynamic menus would make it rather easy to accomplish what you mentioned above. The wsh script would be for the activation of MCE and turning off all the parts. Of course you might find it easier to just buy a standalone product like Theatertek or zoomplayer.

B
I'd probably just use Girder. Very handy app.

After thinking on it some, I'd be willing to bet a million bucks (well maybe not) that I'm getting tearing because it's running on the secondary display while the vsync is only timed to the first display -- ATI cards are notorious for treating the secondary display in second-class fashion like that. That would explain why it's almost perfect but not quite, if the secondary gets out of sync just a little bit. It's starting to look about time to make the TV the primary display, which is going to make using the monitor a hassle for things like, oh, forum posting... Guess that's my excuse to get a whole new PC after all
Old 05-28-2007, 01:09 PM
SageTVaholic

I thought FSE only worked on primary regardless?
Old 05-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Sage User

Overlay doesn't show up on secondary, VMR9 does. But I'm supposing that even when cloned, the displays are driven with separate clocks. All I should have to do is switch cables.

Am I right in believing that VMR9 when not in FSE mode doesn't respect the "wait for vblank" setting?
Old 05-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Administrator

BTW: Overlay can run on a secondary monitor. If it doesn't, it is either a driver or decoder issue.

3D Acceleration (VMR9) will run best on a primary monitor, since when run on a secondary monitor, DirectX will run in emulated mode instead of using hardware accelaration. I also thought that if you tried to use FSE, it would appear on the primary monitor, even if you had the window on the secondary monitor... it has been quite a while since I tried that one, though.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.