SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Sage Icon

Angry 2nd week in a row that a favorite was missed

OK, this is annoying. There are zero conflicts listed. the Nextel Cup is listed as a first run on the correct channel in my favorites. It was showing in the upcoming recordings up til around 2pm (2:30 start w/ padding). I click out of standby on the MVP around 3pm and find that it's not recording. WTF? had to start it manually. There was even a white border around it and a 1st run dot when I checked the guide.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Sage Icon

There is a known problem where where some (I saw 2 this morning) favorites may lose their favorite status for a couple of hours after an EPG update is done. Several weeks ago, support said it would be fixed in the next release. They do not seem to be concerned about getting this release out. They also told me that before but the release did fix the problem. This problem appears to be dependent upon the CPU speed. With my current system Sage seems to correct itself just in time to catch the favorites that I would have to manually record with my previous system.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Sage Icon

I'll try to force an EPG update in the early AM to minimize the issue til then. I checked the last update and it was about 90min after the missed recording this time.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

FWIW...

I recently moved all of my Sage stuff from a PC that died to a new PC. For some reason, a number of my favorites no longer worked. I resolved it by going through and deleting the favorite and then re-adding it.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Sage Icon

this is driving me nuts

Tried that too. Missed the Nextel race tonight as well. Darn thing was in the schedule to record @ 5pm (padded +15min) all day today. The 6pm news and Battlestar Galactica (6pm and 7pm) all recorded. Next recording was set at 10pm after that. I have 4 active tuners in setup so that's not an issue. Never missed another favorite w/ Sage until now. The rerun of the race is actually scheduled to record this Thursday; wonder if I left it alone if it'd decide to skip it too. Guess it's time to file a formal bug report.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Sage Icon

Checking the recording schedule before the EPG update would not really show you anything. You should have checked it after the EPG update. You should make the next airing a manual record to insure that you do get the recording. I have not seen any logic to the shows that lose their favorite status for a hour or two but it seems to always be the same shows. This morning I had to mark my two shows a manual records but their favorite status still had not returned in time. I have other favoirites that get recorded between the EPG update and the start of the problems shows with no problems at all.

It never hurts to report an issue to support. I suspect the reply will be that it will be fixed in the next release.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlgar View Post
Checking the recording schedule before the EPG update would not really show you anything. You should have checked it after the EPG update. You should make the next airing a manual record to insure that you do get the recording.
First time I caught it misbehaving I was watching the main sage screen before the race started. Right up until the EPG's scheduled start time the race was shown as next to record. I had it padded 30min to skip the pre-race goings on. Soon as it hit the EPG show time (not the actual recording start) the next scheduled show came up in the status window. The race never started recording 30min later. Had to force it to manual. Nothing about the favorite had changed since the prior week where everything worked as programmed; I believe I had upgraded from 6.1.8 to 6.1.9 however. Least I found out Montoya won on the radio this morning

Edit: My EPG updates occur around 5:30am. Plenty of time for my CPU to get a grip on the listings before the Sunday races.

Quote:
It never hurts to report an issue to support. I suspect the reply will be that it will be fixed in the next release.
Done, and you're probably correct.