SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-21-2007, 12:05 AM

XP dual boot problems with SageTV

I recently installed Sage TV on my dual boot XP PC using HDHR for the digital tuners on cable. I purchased one license. The XP Home that I installed the SageTV on first works just fine. But when I boot into the XP Pro on the same PC, although I'm using an identical SageTV setup for both XP's, I can't seem to get a displayed live TV picture on the second one. It plays previously recorded material ok. HDHR says everything is working fine and connected to SageTV, but there's no picture. The program guide works too.
I suspect it may be a license problem, but I'm not sure. Eventually I plan to wipe the XP Home section and run only the XP Pro, after I've transferred everything over - I'm ready to do that, but I need SageTV to be working first.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Geoff.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you reinstall SageTV into XP Pro? Or just try to run it from the installed directory?
Old 06-21-2007, 11:28 AM

Thanks for the reply.
I installed SageTV into both XP's totally separately. The first one was on XP Home, and everything is running perfectly. Only one of the OS's is running at any one time, and are completely separate. Does SageTV "call home" to check on licenses or something like that?
Maybe I have to uninstall the SageTV on XP Home before I can use it on the new XP Pro. I would really like to have both running before I completely eliminate the XP Home OS.

Geoff.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffp View Post
Thanks for the reply.
I installed SageTV into both XP's totally separately. The first one was on XP Home, and everything is running perfectly. Only one of the OS's is running at any one time, and are completely separate. Does SageTV "call home" to check on licenses or something like that?
Maybe I have to uninstall the SageTV on XP Home before I can use it on the new XP Pro. I would really like to have both running before I completely eliminate the XP Home OS.

Geoff.
To be honest, I have installed SageTV on XP Pro, 2003, and WHS the same license, same PC. (To be clear not 3 at the same time, but as I was trying different OS for the server) I would make sure you have:

SP2, DirectX updates, Java 1.6, Current drivers for the card. If all else fails, turn on debug logging and try to record.

B
Old 06-22-2007, 09:23 PM

Thanks, I found the problem after turning on debug logging following your suggestion. It was because I had specified the recording directory incorrectly - now everything works as it should.

Thanks again,
Geoff.

Last edited by geoffp; 06-22-2007 at 11:14 PM.