SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
My problem is similar, but I don't have a problem with all audio, only audio from the imported videos section.
What type of audio do your imported videos have, AC3 or MP3? AC3 audio (DVD) is lower than MP3 audio. MP3 audio is what your recorded mpg files have.

For a normal client, you can use AC3filter to increase the gain on AC3 playback.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
My problem is similar, but I don't have a problem with all audio, only audio from the imported videos section. My live TV audio levels are perfect from the MVP. Not only is the volume low on the imported videos folder, but it also has a lot less quality.
Probably because the audio on your imported videos are either AC3 or converted from an AC3 source. The lower quality would be explained by the nead for transcoding so that the MVP can play it. Also because the audio has already gone from one lossy format to another it's already lost some quality. The extra conversion so that the MVP can play it reduces the quality a little bit more.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

well the odd thing is that the audio plays fine on the server and just a problem on the mvp. I increased the gain for ac3 and it is still quiet. Any other ideas?

Thanks
Old 09-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Sage Icon

On the server for playback,you are probably not using the built-in mplayer and are using the directdraw codecs which allow you to adjust the gain in AC3filter. AFAIK, The Sage transcoder does not use AC3filter during transcoding. It uses the mplayer built-in codecs, and I dunno if there is a way to adjust the gain for the transcoder.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Sage User

Jeffrey,

My audio levels are far too low to be usable. The low audio level problem only exists on my extenders.

I'm running the 6.2.8 beta under Windows Home server and I'm not showing a "MSPAudio\Scart1Volume" branch on my system. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan
Old 10-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

OK, I know this is going to sound stupid but I just figured out my problem with the audio level being too low on my extenders. All I had to do this whole time was to increase the volume on my STB.

After that my audio levels are working just fine. I actually forgot that the STB had audio levels since I've used Sage, for some reason it just popped in my head. Hope that helps somebody out.