SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Sage Icon

Cool Temporary Vista Comskip Solution

So I recently had to build a new Sage server because mine finally died after 5 years of being on 24/7. Since I was building from scratch, I was able to correct a lot of mistakes I made on my first build and make a pretty sweet system.

Anyways, part of the new system was upgrading to Vista to take advantage of a new 8600gts graphics card, and all is working well except for commercial skipping.

Unfortunately, as many of you know, Vista has proven to be less than accommodating to many of the established commercial skipping services. So I decided to bring back an old stand-by that was created by Krutaw a couple of years ago - a VB Script running as a scheduled task.

You can find his brilliant script here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=494

Anyways, I set this up to run every morning at 3am when the server usually isn't recording too much, and I woke up with a fully skipped library in the morning. (BTW, my new 1.86 core 2 duo only takes 1.5-2 minutes to skip a SD half hour show vs the 7 minutes my old athlon took. HELL YEAH!)

Anyways, I had to put the video, log, and comskip directories in the arguments, but it works. Not as elegantly as some of the other solutions for XP, but at least it works well enough for now, until the other utilities are up to speed in Vista.

Anyways, thought I should share.

Thanks Krutaw!!!