SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Sage Icon

About the new Archived location

Not sure I like having my Archived recording out there in the open for all to see. I was using Archived as a hiding stop for some of my ahhhh sexier recording.

Oh well
Old 08-01-2007, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Where are the Archive recordings.???? I never display my Archived in Sage Recordings so where can I access them?
Old 08-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Sage Icon

Ok, now I see the "mid-page" tool bar with all types of recoding display options...........Cool

A
Old 08-01-2007, 08:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Arcived Recordings removed from Media center?

Was this intentional or accidental??
Old 08-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Where are the Archive recordings.???? I never display my Archived in Sage Recordings so where can I access them?
Archived recordings are now easily accessible on the SageTV Recordings menu.

Quote:
Was this intentional or accidental??
From the release notes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
32. Added Search to Media Center menu; removed Archived Recordings from that menu.
- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffdaddy View Post
Ok, now I see the "mid-page" tool bar with all types of recoding display options...........Cool
Just to add a tip: as I'm sure I'll be posting a few times... that category bar you mention on the SageTV Recordings menu has a few choices of what types of recordings to view. And, each choice remembers its own settings for the sorting, grouping, and filtering options.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:53 PM
SageTVaholic

OPus

Bummer,

My wife used the Archived folder to keep her recordings I kept mind in the regular recordings. Guess I will have to wait until Nielm updates his Dynamic Menus.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
My wife used the Archived folder to keep her recordings I kept mind in the regular recordings. Guess I will have to wait until Nielm updates his Dynamic Menus.
You can still choose to view recordings that way, because you can view just the archived shows on the SageTV Recordings screen, or just the non-archived recordings, or both... or just movies. As I said above, each style stores its own set of viewing options too. You don't even have to leave that one menu.

And, if that isn't enough, you can already use the dynamic menus to jump to the "TV Library" menu (archives), "Sage Partial Recordings SHORTCUTS" menu (partials), or "SageRecordings SHORTCUTS" menu (regular recordings accessed via Main Menu link).

- Andy
Old 08-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
OPus

Bummer,

Moving the Archived recordings to the main menu doesn't really change it all that much (other than your wife may have one less mouse click to make). In the Sage Recordings menu, there are now four views across the top: All, Recordings, Archives, & Movies. You watch recordings, she watches archives.

Am i missing something?

Stu

Edit: Too slow; Opus beat me to it.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Just to add a tip: as I'm sure I'll be posting a few times... that category bar you mention on the SageTV Recordings menu has a few choices of what types of recordings to view. And, each choice remembers its own settings for the sorting, grouping, and filtering options.

- Andy
When you say "type", are you referring to the Manual, Favorite, or Other filters? Or is there a way to customize this mid bar even more (say, to remove Archives or Movies from the view options)?
Old 08-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainswor99 View Post
When you say "type", are you referring to the Manual, Favorite, or Other filters? Or is there a way to customize this mid bar even more (say, to remove Archives or Movies from the view options)?
I'm probably just using my terms loosely... read 'type' in that context as one of the 4 choices of All, Recordings, Archives, & Movies. Those are hard-coded types/categories/whatever. For each of those selections, you can apply the sorting, grouping, and MFO filtering options.

You can do the same on the Recording Schedule menu, so you could have one style show just IR & some other show everything or all non-IR, for example.

- Andy
Old 08-01-2007, 09:25 PM
SageTVaholic

I see this does not apply if you are using the Malore Recording menus you have to be using the default. So I have to use the default to get the extras etc...
Old 08-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I see this does not apply if you are using the Malore Recording menus you have to be using the default. So I have to use the default to get the extras etc...
OK, then add a dynamic menu link to the "TV Library" menu. That should jump to the malore version if that is what you have it set to use.

You could almost use this next feature, but I don't think has the ability to filter between regular & archived shows -- it can just add one to the existing list, I believe. Anyway, check out the Custom4 command while using any of the the malore menus. At first, the only thing you will notice is that it toggles the little '2' that you will see in the upper left corner of the screen. You can actually configure it to count higher than 2, if you really want.

But, it is a lot more powerful than just showing that little '2'... configure the '2' screen to filter/sort/group differently, then use Custom4 again to return to your original view. The settings for the original & '2' versions are stored separately, so you can quickly toggle between various viewing styles.

The only thing you now need is the option to filter archived shows in or out of the list.

- Andy
Old 08-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
The only thing you now need is the option to filter archived shows in or out of the list.
That was about a 5 minute addition, so in the next beta, the malore menus containing recordings can be set to filter archived recordings into or out of the list. Of course, you have to also choose the option to include archived shows in the list before the filter has any real effect.

There is also an option now to set the number of Custom4 settings in the UI rather than having to set the property manually. (For the next version, of course.)

- Andy
Old 08-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

I use Malore menus, and this new way of dealing with the archived recordings makes no sense to me. I can't find a easy way to display the archived shows separately. And if I filter them in together with all the other recordings, then it gets really messy. Can't tell which is which.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:34 PM
SageTVaholic

I know I'm not the brightest bulb in the bunch, but I can't figure out how to see any archived recording using the Malore menus. I do not understand what Andy is saying about using "custom4".

How do I see archived recordings using the Malore menus on the MVP?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.

Last edited by tmiranda; 08-03-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I know I'm not the brightest bulb in the bunch, but I can't figure out how to see any archived recording using the Malore menus. I do not understand what Andy is saying about using "custom4".

Assign a button on your remote to the custom4 command. It's in the Detailed setup menu in Commands. Custom4 is a remote command. There is a Custom1-Custom5 I believe.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:

The "custom4" comment was just referring to a way to set up alternate views of the same menu w/different choices for grouping/filtering/sorting. This isn't a requirement to see archived shows.

To see Archived recordings in the malore SageTV Recordings menu, use the Options command, select Display Filter, then choose Include Archived Recordings.

- Andy
Old 08-03-2007, 06:21 PM
SageTVaholic

... and where is the options command? The only options I see are the usual "Watch Now", "Record Options", "View Recording Detail", etc... Sorry for being so obtuse.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
... and where is the options command?
The Options command is either on your remote, keyboard, or mouse. The default keys for that command are Ctrl+O or Esc, or right click w/the mouse. The yellow button on the Hauppauge remote is also Options.

- Andy