SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

OK, I finally found it but you sure did a good job of hiding it. I would suggest putting that option in the Customize section of Setup, or somplace else a little more obvious.

I also do not like the fact that I can't easily see just the archived recordings. This change is a step backwards as far as I am concerned.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
OK, I finally found it but you sure did a good job of hiding it. I would suggest putting that option in the Customize section of Setup...
I didn't hide it; it was like that the whole time. And, that setting doesn't belong in Detailed Setup because it is an option specific to that menu. Each of the various malore menus have there own settings for that and other options.

Quote:
...or somplace else a little more obvious.
I think there are quite a few people who don't know about the Options command -- it has been a standard command used on many screens to open a dialog containing options for that menu. Try using the Options command on various menus, including the imported media browsers, Program Guide, etc. The vertical icon bar along the left edge of several menus was added partly to make it more obvious that there is an Options command -- the wrench icon for 'Options' opens the same dialog that you'll see if you use the Options command. Maybe I should add the same type of icon bar to the malore menus...

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:20 AM
SageTVaholic

I think there needs to ne an easy way of seeing just archived recordings when using Malore menus. I like what was done with the default STV "SageTV Recordings" menu so why not just do the same with Malore?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Andy:
What about a listing of archived recordings? Prior to 6.2.5, I was able to see my archived recordings, by category, using Malore. Is it possible to still view them that way?

Edit:
Looks like I need to turn off Malore, and now I can see Archives under the Sage Recordings menu. So does that mean that Malore is no longer needed?

* Moved post here; see above *

Last edited by Ron; 08-05-2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
To see Archived recordings in the malore SageTV Recordings menu, use the Options command, select Display Filter, then choose Include Archived Recordings.
But this is exactly the problem: when you do that, all "Archived" recordings get totally mixed up with all the other recordings, and you can't tell which one is which. And they all look exactly the same!

Of course, you can bring up the "options" menu for a particular recording and look to see if the "Archived" checkbox is checked. But then what's the point of having this checkbox if there is no other difference?
Old 08-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Administrator

I've replied about the malore menus in the topic about the hidden extras here, where I should have moved the malore menu discussion previously. Please post any further comments about the malore menus in that topic & leave the beta forum for official features. Future posts here about the hidden features will be moved.

Thanks.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
leave the beta forum for official features.
With all due respect Opus, removing the "Archived Recordings" from the "Media Center" menu in version 6.2.5 beta is a somewhat official feature.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patilan View Post
With all due respect Opus, removing the "Archived Recordings" from the "Media Center" menu in version 6.2.5 beta is a somewhat official feature.
With equal respect returned to you: No kidding. What you seem to have is missed that I was referring to the portion of this topic referring to the malore menus. This thread started out talking about how the change affected the default recordings menu & then the topic switched over to the malore menus, including my replies. That is the portion that doesn't belong in this forum & is what I should have moved earlier.

- Andy