SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

HDHomerun crashing SageTV

I had been using my HDHomerun for some time with no trouble. I reconfigured some of my other tv sources in Sagetv (added 1394 channel changing and went with svid input as opposed to using analog signal). Now when I re-setup my HDHomerun it crashes SageTV.

I went through all the steps to setting up my HDHR. I was able to use VLC to search for the QAM channels I get and wrote them all down. I setup the HDHR in sage as a video source. I then set one channel be able to be used by Sage (added the 111-8 to the channel). Whenever I tune to that channel however sage crashes and dumps me to the desktop.

In an attempt to fix it I reinstalled the software/drivers and updated the firmware on the HDHR, then I updated to the latest version (2.2.5) but it still does the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas where to start on this one? Perhaps the video encoders? Maybe re-install the NVidea decoders?
Old 08-06-2007, 09:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_smith1969 View Post
I had been using my HDHomerun for some time with no trouble. I reconfigured some of my other tv sources in Sagetv (added 1394 channel changing and went with svid input as opposed to using analog signal). Now when I re-setup my HDHomerun it crashes SageTV.

I went through all the steps to setting up my HDHR. I was able to use VLC to search for the QAM channels I get and wrote them all down. I setup the HDHR in sage as a video source. I then set one channel be able to be used by Sage (added the 111-8 to the channel). Whenever I tune to that channel however sage crashes and dumps me to the desktop.

In an attempt to fix it I reinstalled the software/drivers and updated the firmware on the HDHR, then I updated to the latest version (2.2.5) but it still does the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas where to start on this one? Perhaps the video encoders? Maybe re-install the NVidea decoders?
Did you assign a guide to your HDHomerun that none of your other sources are using?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yep. I uesd a guide from the next city over.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

More information.

Perhaps this is a Java version issue.. Im using 1.4
or a decoder issue I am using NVida decoder

ON a SEEMINGLY unrelated note about the same time I have become unable to use OVERLAY as my renderer, when I do I lose ability to use my remote control. VMR9 works ok, but occasionally when I go to watch a DIVX encoded avi file it will give me a white screen and lockup SageTV. It does this rarely though, most of the time it is fine.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Do you have another, more recent computer that you can install the HDHR Config GUI? I have the exact same problem (system locks up on certain channels), and they I found out what my issue is - HD content. On the system I'm recording using the HDHR, it's a few years old. I can view the standard def (480i) channels. But the 720p and 1080i channels, no soap - it locks up the machine. However, if I connect to the HDHR via my newest PC, I can view the HD channels with no problems. So it's probably a video driver issue with the card on the old machine. I don't bother with it, since I can use my other pc to check the channels out.

The nice thing about being about to view the HD content is, for me, I can now play an OnDemand show in HD, scan the channels from 83 to 87 and find the channel they are using to send it on. They don't encrypted the standard OnDemand stuff, on the adult stuff (though I haven't verified!).
Old 08-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

The machine I am doing all this on is fairly beefy. It is not more that 1 year old, it has a good vid card in it. What is more... it USED to do it just fine. I can get the specs if needed but for the most part I am certain that it is not a problem with enough horse power.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Make sure you have the most recent DirectX update. Also try using the 163.44 beta drivers for your nVidia card. Since you set up firewire channel changing and went to svideo input you might either want to undo those changes to see if it fixes ot. Or copy out your wiz.bin, uninstall Sage and do a clean install from scratch. The test it to see if it works. Then put your wiz.bin back in place and make sure it still works. It's a little bit of work but sometimes worth it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 08-30-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

I will try to update my vid driver, been thinking of trying that anyways. If it comes down to re-installing SageTV I will probably wipe the hard drive and reinstall xp from scratch, that way I will make sure I get all the correct decoders and drivers and stuff on the box. I am seriously close to doing this, perhaps this weekend.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by padre View Post
The nice thing about being about to view the HD content is, for me, I can now play an OnDemand show in HD, scan the channels from 83 to 87 and find the channel they are using to send it on. They don't encrypted the standard OnDemand stuff, on the adult stuff (though I haven't verified!).
Padre-
Do you know how to setup those up as Static channels within Sage. I have the same "feature" here where they cable company doesn't encrypt the ondemand stuff. I'd like to just look thru those channels within sage instead of using the GUI scanner app.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Basically I "Add" a new channel for each possible OnDemand channel that might be used. I give them a name like "OnD83 1" for the 83-1 channel, then "OnD83 2" for 83-2 and so on, up to 87-12 (which seems to be the end of the OnDemand channels in my area. Then I go to the comcast menu, start the movie/show and check out the channels on Sage or VLC. Once I find the right channel, I just do a rewind on the OnDemand and get the recorder going. Works great!