SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Sage User

help automate imported media refresh

I'd like to automate an imported media refresh whenever my imported media folders change.

My current plan is to use DirMon2 (which is already running for comskip) to watch my import folders. Then whenever I send new media there (netcasts etc) I'll also copy a dummy text file as a flag to DirMon. Then I want to have DirMon use SendMessage to initiate the "Refresh Imported Media" function. Dirmon or a script would then delete the flag text file.

Is this feasible? Is there a way to monitor the folder that doesn't require a flag file? Is there a SendMessage code for the refresh function? Anybody have any better ideas?
-Thanks
-Matt
Old 09-13-2007, 12:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Setup->Detailed Setup->Customise->Regularly Rescan = enabled?

(There is no SendMessage code for the refresh function, but a manual refresh can be triggered using a web page request)
Old 09-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Sage User

Yeah, I'm aware of the auto refresh option in the detailed setup. But you can't specify when you want the auto refresh to occur. And there's little chance that an auto refresh will happen just after I've made changes to the import media folder.
Basically I'm looking for a manual refresh, initiated by some combination of SendMessage/scripting/DirMon, immediately after I've added/removed content. That way I can keep Sage current with my rss feeds & downloads.
-Thanks
-Matt