SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Sage User

Unhappy Problems with Thumbnails & Imported Media

I'm running SageTV version 5 in service mode on Windows XP Pro. I have a server that hosts pictures (JPG's) and short videos, and I have it mapped UNC-style (\\servername\pictures) as an import directory in SageTV. It is a wired network connection, so it should be fast.

I seem to have two problems:
1. "Refresh Imported Media" does not work, so images I add or directories I move don't get picked up.
2. Thumbnail generation does not work, so picture viewing is extremely slow every time I try to look at photos in Sage.

Another data point is that I recently got a media extender (great purchase, BTW!), and that *is* able to generate thumbnails on the server, so picture viewing is fast there. It can't refresh imported media, however.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Todd
Old 03-06-2007, 01:58 AM
Sage User

Todd

I have the same problem, for me, it started with version 2. I hoped it was finally resolved with version 6 but as soon as I check "allow service to interact with desktop" (in the service settings of windows) all the photos would not display. I have to check that setting or SageTV will not communicate via The EXE-Tuner to Girder to change the channels on my 4DTV / 10ft-dish satellite receiver. I've tried setting up the service with a User Login but that setting again doesn't change the channels either. If there is a way to use the "allow service to interact with desktop" setting and view photos it doesn't seem to be posted in here, I've looked and looked. I love SageTV it IS the ONLY PVR software with tons of functionality. All the others try but fall short.

Mike
Old 03-07-2007, 01:14 AM
Sage User

Angry Sage TV problems with imported files

Running version 6.0, imported files only show up 50% of the time. I end up having to browse for the remaining files. The refresh time has nothing to do with this problem. Upon viewing those files the option is selected to allow deletion of browsed viewed files. However, this works about 1/10 of the time (get to the end of the recording and it asks if you want to delete it). I have non-computer tech people living with me and they think SageTV is a big hassle because of all the hoops to deleting and finding files.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfurlong
I'm running SageTV version 5 in service mode on Windows XP Pro. I have a server that hosts pictures (JPG's) and short videos, and I have it mapped UNC-style (\\servername\pictures) as an import directory in SageTV. It is a wired network connection, so it should be fast.

1. "Refresh Imported Media" does not work, so images I add or directories I move don't get picked up.
Is the service set to log in as a user with a password? If not, it won't be able to access network locations. Also, the user has to have permission to access the UNC path.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:55 AM
Sage User

Andy,

Yes, it is set up with a username and password. I can load pictures and videos off that path if I haven't moved them, but I can't get Sage to recognize new files or paths under that directory. So, it was working at one time.

-Todd
Old 03-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Since you are already manually starting the library scan refresh & the file types are probably listed in the properties file as valid types to be imported (or you couldn't browse for them either)... I'm not sure why they wouldn't get imported. You could check out the debug log to see if it has any entries about files not being imported.

Someone else said they had a problem where files weren't getting imported all the time. If you try v6.1 and it still has the problem, send in a bug report.

Was this on a client? Does the client have permission to access the UNC paths?

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Sage User

What should I look for in the debug file? I didn't see my import path name listed anywhere, but I wasn't sure exactly what I'd expect to see.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfurlong View Post
What should I look for in the debug file?
Not sure... you could post sagetv_0.txt after a fresh restart & perhaps a manual scan to see if anyone has an idea, but your best bet may be to send it to support.

You can also use the Info command on the System Info screen to get SystemInfo.txt written to your SageTV dir. That would have info about your setup. (If you post it, you should remove your Locator ID or other personal info.)

- Andy