SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to shardinite Send a message via MSN to shardinite Send a message via Yahoo to shardinite
Media Extender screen loads on server

The title might be a little misleading.

Using:

SageTV Ver. 6.1.9.135 on server
Hauppauge Wireless MVP Rev. 2.05 (purchased from SageTv)

After a strange brief issue with the home router (all devices on the netwrk, wired and wireless, lost connectivity with the router and could not obtain an IP until the router was power cycled), my Media Extender will no longer load the SageTv client.

Initially the Extender would sit on the SageTv Media Extender loading screen and would not load. Almost like it froze. So I decided to unplug the power and plug it back in. This of course caused it to go back to the intial setup and it detected the wireless network, I selected the server and then clicked go to load the application. It attempted to lad the application and would freeze. So I power cycled again and then it wouldn't get past the MVP loading screen.

At this point I went to the server and deleted all the files in the /sagetv/clients folder since I read to do that somewhere. After I power cycled again and went through the initial MVP setup again, it attempts to load the application then goes to a black screen and sits there. I went to the server and on the screen is a small window with the initial SageTv setup (choose a country, etc...). I couldn't do anything in that screen and had to close down SageTv on the server and restart it.

So I'm at the point where the MVP will only load up to a black screen and pop up a window on the server. I think I have a corrupted properties file or something I guess. Do I need to replace something on the server (file wise)?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Administrator

A couple things to try: 1) after deleting the properties files in the clients folder, restart SageTV on the server (not sure if you did the server restart), and 2) check to see if the RemoteClients.properties.defaults file in the SageTV install directory got corrupted somehow.

In case the defaults file got corrupted, I attached a copy to this post. (I use v6.2 & don't know if it changed at all since v6.1.)

If that doesn't do it, you may need to contact support.

- Andy
Attached Files
File Type: zip RemoteClients.properties.zip (1.3 KB, 266 views)
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to shardinite Send a message via MSN to shardinite Send a message via Yahoo to shardinite
Unhappy Changed, but not fixed

Thanks for the help Andy.

I had restarted the app and services on the server and even restarted the server itself. I tried replacing the RemoteClients.properties.defaults with the copy you gave me and restarted everything. No joy.

So I decided to upgrade to the current version (conveniently accessable through your sig). I figured if there was a corrupt or missing properties/settings/configuration file or 2 then the upgrade would replace those. After installing 6.2, restarting, going through the config and loading SageMC, I gave it another try on the extender. I plugged the power back in and it went through it's startup process, I went into setup to select the server (it says <unknown> for full computer name in the server list, but shows the correct IP on the network. Not sure if this means anything). After that I clicked on "Go!" and it said "Loading Application". The little boxes filled up and it just cycled through them for about 3 minutes or so then went to a black screen. Nothing else. I am able to turn off the extender via the remote, and when I turn it back on it goes back to the black screen.

On the bright side, no windows pop up on the server now. So it seems like it knows where it's supposed to be displaying, but the extender just isn't doing it.

I suppose I need to go to support at this point huh?
Old 09-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shardinite View Post
I suppose I need to go to support at this point huh?
I don't really have experience with what you describe, but maybe someone else will have a suggestion. Otherwise: yes, check with support.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the help anyway. I just submitted a request to support. We'll see what they suggest.