SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Uninstalling/Removing Plugins

Let say I installed a plugin and I didn't like it or I think it not something I would need. So how would I go about uninstalling plugins that was installed by STVi exports?

I do notice some of the plugins created a new xml with increasement in number like SageTV3-1.xml SageTV3-2.xml etc so do I just go back to SageTV3.xml and then delete the plugin files?

Thanks
Bill
Old 09-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Sage Icon

Each import should create a new .xml file like you noticed -1, -2, -3, etc. If you wanted to roll back the last import, you would go from -3 to -2, or whatever number it would need to be.

Yes, you can definitely go back to SageTV3.xml and be back to the default UI. You don't have to go back and delete the -1, -2, etc files if you don't want to.

Now, to completely remove the plugin, you may need to go into your JARs directory and delete any plugin-specific JAR files. But, usually just rolling back the .xml should be good enough.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
Let say I installed a plugin and I didn't like it or I think it not something I would need. So how would I go about uninstalling plugins that was installed by STVi exports?

I do notice some of the plugins created a new xml with increasement in number like SageTV3-1.xml SageTV3-2.xml etc so do I just go back to SageTV3.xml and then delete the plugin files?
Pretty much -- you just need to revert to the .xml file that is one number lower than the one created when the last customization was imported. If you want to get rid of a customization that wasn't the last one imported, then it may be easiest just to start over with the original STV & re-import only the customizations you want to use.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.