SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post

I've just been setting up another machine and found that the card doesn't supply power to the LNB, which I have confirmed on my machine. With a 2 power pass splitter it would work OK with a Motorola STB, but would drop the signal on a newer Pace STB and not be able to scan any channels. With a single power pass splitter with the Pace supplying power to the STB it would work OK.

John
I did not find this was an issue with my LNB I tried it both plugged directly into the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR4000 card and looped through the set top box both worked fine. I wonder if this has been a problem for others and if differant LNB requirements vary.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyj View Post
I have not tried the analog turning yet but can wait for a fix if there are issues with the sync. I do have a WinTV PVR500 for analog tuning so I will see if this will work next.
Good to hear it's working. The analog tuner needs another registry tweak so that the software encoders for the analog side of the HVR-4000 can be configured

You're probably better off just using the hardware encoding on the PVR500, although there are some registry tweaks to get that looking good. I'll attach my reg file that tweaks the comb filters, adjusts the volume levels to a level that doesn't produce clipping (SKY STB outputs way too high) and the fix for corrupted time-lines on recordings.

John
Attached Files
File Type: zip pvr150&500.zip (506 Bytes, 262 views)
Old 01-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Sage User

Has anyone tried two HVR-4000 cards in the same system as I can't seem to get the second card working.
The second card is detected by sage but will not tune correctly as it can't find any channels. I have checked that both cards work on there own ok but do not seem to work together. All drivers appear to be loaded correctly and there are no issues reported in the device manager.
I am using a splitter device for the Satellite cable to connect both cards I have tried swapping the cables around but it has made not difference . It appears that which ever card is labeled #2 won't tune.
I am also not sure if I need to edit any files to make the second card work ?
Old 02-03-2008, 12:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

FYI - also submitted as a bug report

In have just installed 6.3.8 and up until now I had been successfully using my HVR4000 with the fix provided in the first post in this thread.

I can select a channel on the HVR OK but any subsequent channel change on the HVR 4000 or viewing a channel on my PVR 350 causes a Microsoft error report "SageTV has encountered an error and is closing down". I have disabled the HVR and the PVR is working fine.

Do I need to manually remove the original fix and re-install 6.3.8?
Old 02-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletop View Post
Do I need to manually remove the original fix and re-install 6.3.8?
If your using 6.3.8 just install the fix from here.

John
Old 02-11-2008, 04:58 AM
Sage User

Question 2 Capture cards

I have tried 2x HVR-4000's and 1 HVR-4000 + 1x HVR-3000 it does not matter what combination of cards I use only one card will tune in. Does anyone else have two cards in the same machine I thought sagetv was meant to handle this OK maybe I am doing something wrong. If others are getting this to work can they let me know.
Tried a different motherboard to see if this would resolve the problem same result just not sure what to do now.
I have a dedicated server with no other software loaded its running server 2003. Was previously running windows home server on another motherboard and had the same problem. Tried switching the sat cable around to see if the problem moves to a different card no change.

Can someone please help.

Last edited by sandyj; 02-11-2008 at 05:00 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:36 AM
Sage Icon

sandyj, do a bug submission, it may be just a configuration file change that hasn't been documented yet.

John
Old 02-12-2008, 04:22 AM
Sage User

Quote:
sandyj, do a bug submission, it may be just a configuration file change that hasn't been documented yet.

John

Thanks John I have submitted the bug will post here if it gets resolved.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Sage User

2 HVR-4000

Progress update:
It looks like the problem with 2 cards in the same machine is a problem with the drivers and cannot not be resolved by sagetv. I have not had a chance to test this with any other tv software if I do I will let you know.
The single HVR-4000 works faultlessly so far its a petty that 2 or more cards is not possible at this time. Qian thinks it is the drivers that come with the card.

I am currently trying a FireDtv DV-S tuner but have not had much success with it so far as I can't find were to put the LNB settings. My goal is to get more than one DV-S tuner working in the server so far I have not had much luck. The lack of documentation seems to be a stumbling block and I have not been able to find what works for us in New Zealand.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:22 AM
Sage Icon

I would think the lnb file name would follow the same format as the other cards.

If you do a scan even without an lnb file you should get a file with a name probably something like
FireDTV Capture-0-DVB-S.frq

then you should be able to create the lnb file named
FireDTV Capture-0.lnb

John
Old 03-22-2008, 04:27 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I would think the lnb file name would follow the same format as the other cards.

If you do a scan even without an lnb file you should get a file with a name probably something like
FireDTV Capture-0-DVB-S.frq

then you should be able to create the lnb file named
FireDTV Capture-0.lnb

John
Thanks John I checked the native.log file and found the file name is "FireDTV BDA Receiver DVBS-0.lnb". It appears there is a problem with the other file called FireDTV BDA Receiver DVBS-0-DVB-S.frq as its not being created. If I create this file manually it then deletes it on the next scan and does not create a new one.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:38 AM
Sage User

3x DVB-S tuners

Quote:
Thanks John I checked the native.log file and found the file name is "FireDTV BDA Receiver DVBS-0.lnb". It appears there is a problem with the other file called FireDTV BDA Receiver DVBS-0-DVB-S.frq as its not being created. If I create this file manually it then deletes it on the next scan and does not create a new one.
All tuners seems to be working now the lnb file was part of the problem for the FireDtv tuners thanks to John for his help in guiding me down the right track. The HVR-4000 works great also and I have nearly got all my recording requirements sorted. The only problem left is to get my WinTV-PVR-350 tuning in the prime TV channel as for some reason it won't find this station. I wish sky would put it on free to air DVBS but its unlikely. My tv tunes in to it perfectly off the TV aerial.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The only problem left is to get my WinTV-PVR-350 tuning in the prime TV channel as for some reason it won't find this station. I wish sky would put it on free to air DVBS but its unlikely. My tv tunes in to it perfectly off the TV aerial.
By default Microsoft doesn't support the frequency that Prime uses. Load this reg file and you will be able to tune Prime on channel 4 and all the other OTA channels on the same channel numbers that they appear on SKY.

John
Attached Files
File Type: zip nztuner.zip (475 Bytes, 247 views)
Old 09-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

Trying sagetv with a HVR-4000.

However, when I go into the add source menu, I am presented with two devices.

The first seem to various Composite and S-Video options.

The seconds has a Digital TV option. When selecting this it goes into the config for a DVB-T tunner.

I can't see an entry for configuring the DVB-S tuner?? Where is it?
Old 09-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by moamoa View Post
I can't see an entry for configuring the DVB-S tuner?? Where is it?
Load the registry file from the HVR-400 registry.zip attachment in the first post and restart SageTV and it will add a DVB-S capture device.

You should not use the DLL file from the other zip file if you are using a version of SageTV later than 6.2

John
Old 11-08-2008, 12:54 AM
Sage User

The registry file does not appear to work with the lastest version of WHS server do you have a fix please. I have just built a new server using Windows home server.
I only loaded the reg fix my FireDtv works fine.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:34 AM
Sage User

Smile WHS - HVR-4000

I have the card working now had to reinstall the drivers the reg fix does work with WHS.
I will need to test further to see how reliable it is in WHS server. I was using XP media centre 2005 OS and it has been very stable. I have never been able to use two HVR-4000 cards in the same system has anyone else been successful getting this to work ?
Old 09-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Sage User

John,

You appear to be 'the man' when it comes to the HVR-4000 card. Using your earlier posts, I did manage to get it working on my previous SageTV installation (V6.2 I think).

I'm now trying to use the card again but this time in Windows 7 Enterprize 64 bit and with Sage 6.6 (latest) server.

I have managed to make it all work with the correct drivers. I know this because ProgDVB will let me view, change channels, etc

SageTV howver isn't so accomodating. Its just seeing the 2 devices in the source Menu (namely Composit/SVideo and DVB-T).

I know there is a registry change required to show the 3rd device but I'm unsure if this is designed to work with Windows 7 64 bit.

Your thoughts....
Old 09-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Sage User

Are we dropping the ZERO's now?

Hi,

I notice in the messages of this thread, there is a heap of ZERO's in the frequencies.

Namely, my LNB shows 10.75GHz and we use 10750000 in the file. I just checked my previous SageTV implementation and it only shows 10750.

What is the correct entry? Has this changed?
Old 09-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by houliNZ View Post
What is the correct entry? Has this changed?
10750. It changed back around 6.3

John