SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

video files in my music library?

Being a new user, I hate to cry wolf every time I find a discrepancy but...
After finally getting my music library just right (in sage, disk files were fine. See my wma "bug" fix post), I added video content and now I once again have an "unknown" album in my sage music library. Only thing is this unknow album consists of 4 .mpg files and one .avi file, NOT music!
So, before posting this I tried to determine why sage got confused on these few files. Looked at their properties via exploder, didnt see anything that would lead me to believe they were audio only files.
Then I opened up studio and drove down to the area where the media file library would be refreshed. Hoped I would find something in the .stv along the lines of "refresh video files" (video files being of type, avi, mpg, mpeg, etc.)
Unfortunately I found that ALL media is done at once with a single call to a core api function. So there seems to be no way for me to tell sage whats a music file and whats a video file.
Long story short, sounds like another media import bug to me. Anyone else have such an experience? Is there a way to fix it?
Thanks
Old 11-03-2007, 03:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry59 View Post
Being a new user, I hate to cry wolf every time I find a discrepancy but...
After finally getting my music library just right (in sage, disk files were fine. See my wma "bug" fix post), I added video content and now I once again have an "unknown" album in my sage music library. Only thing is this unknow album consists of 4 .mpg files and one .avi file, NOT music!
So, before posting this I tried to determine why sage got confused on these few files. Looked at their properties via exploder, didnt see anything that would lead me to believe they were audio only files.
Then I opened up studio and drove down to the area where the media file library would be refreshed. Hoped I would find something in the .stv along the lines of "refresh video files" (video files being of type, avi, mpg, mpeg, etc.)
Unfortunately I found that ALL media is done at once with a single call to a core api function. So there seems to be no way for me to tell sage whats a music file and whats a video file.
Long story short, sounds like another media import bug to me. Anyone else have such an experience? Is there a way to fix it?
Thanks
When you setup your music directory in SageTV-Detailed setup did you tell it only music files would be in that directory? Make sure you said yes to music and no to video and photos when you setup that directory.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
When you setup your music directory in SageTV-Detailed setup did you tell it only music files would be in that directory? Make sure you said yes to music and no to video and photos when you setup that directory.
Gerry
Yes, absolutely. That was the first thing I checked.
My video import dirs are checked for ONLY video and my music dir is checked for ONLY music!
Old 11-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

This has not happened with anyone else?
Old 11-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
I also have a few videos listed in my Music section. For some odd reason Sage added them there instead of the videos section. I have not found a way to move them either.

Miller
Old 11-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, at least I'm not the only one.
Maybe you could sik your cat on the devs
Old 11-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Sage Icon

I actually have the opposite problem... A couple songs show in Videos. Been that way for a long time and I just have not gotten around to investigating.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Seems to me that these long standing issues should be a priority for fixing?
Old 11-06-2007, 04:07 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm sure there are a number of considerations that factor into bug-fixing priorities. Longstandingness may be one of them. Number of users affected and the availability of workarounds might be others. In the case of your previous import issue, you discovered a workaround by making your tags more compliant. Have you repeated that analysis in this case?

Also there have been cases in the past of "longstanding issues" that "everybody knows about" but somehow nobody ever bothered to submit a bug report, and so they never got into the devs' fix-it queue.

On the other hand, I've found the devs to be quite responsive to well-documented bugs with repeatable test cases submitted through official bug-reporting channels. (Posts to this forum, by the way, do not count as official bug reports, since there's no guarantee a dev will see them.)
Old 11-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, I was able to "massage" my wma files and get them to play nicely with Sage. In the case of .avi and .mpg's though, I dont think I can take that approach.
I'll take a short video file which I know gets lost and send it in for the devs to examine.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
It was "some" mkv files that were being imported into my music section. Last Night I changed the trouble files from mkv to avi and they did import into the video section after I did a refresh. Today I will try changing them back to mkv and see what happens.

Miller