SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-09-2007, 12:36 AM

Question Crossover from SD to HD in recording.

I have a HVR-1600 with SageTV. The QAM digital and NTSC analog sections seem to have their lineups correct. Although the Music Choice channels don't work in SageTV.

For whatever reason, I have a few HD-QAM channels that show up with "No Data" in the EPG, so I can't record from them via Favorites.

Since these HD are copies of the SD channels, I would like to fool the SageTV to watch/record from the HD whenever the SD equivalent is selected.

For example, I have a Favorite to record a show on channel 3 (SD) as there is "No Data" on channel 3-1 (HD-QAM). When the recording activates I want it to actually tune 3-1.

I have played with many combinations of the remap, but for some reason it is swapping 3 and 3-1 in unexpected ways. Nothing seems to do what I want.

So there are two questions. Anyone know why some HD channels don't work in the EPG? More impotantly, anyone able to trick SageTV to record a HD channel off a different tuner than the SD channel that the Favorite may be selecting?

--
Lawrence
Old 11-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwesker View Post
I have a HVR-1600 with SageTV. The QAM digital and NTSC analog sections seem to have their lineups correct. Although the Music Choice channels don't work in SageTV.

For whatever reason, I have a few HD-QAM channels that show up with "No Data" in the EPG, so I can't record from them via Favorites.
The EPG lineup data won't appear if the Channel ID doesn't match what Zap2it expects. (I have a station that identifies as KGO_DT and Zap2it wanted KGODT).

Music channels are sent at an odd rate and will sometimes take 20 seconds to stream audio and cover data.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:01 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwesker View Post
For example, I have a Favorite to record a show on channel 3 (SD) as there is "No Data" on channel 3-1 (HD-QAM). When the recording activates I want it to actually tune 3-1.
In order to do this, you'd have to DISABLE the channel in your SD (analog) lineup and ENABLE it in your HD lineup and assign a remap. You will have issues as the guide data will tell SageTV that this is a 480p analog stream instead of a 1080i datastream.

It's much better to have your EPG working correctly for your SD and HD lineup.

A way to get your EPG to work correctly is to record the REMAP numbers that your channel scan produced for each cable channel, then DELETE your tuners and add them back and request a DIGITAL CABLE LINEUP for your city. Edit the channel setup, DISABLE ALL CHANNELS, then use your REMAP physical channel numbers to activate the channels within the lineup.

This way, the guide info is correct and you're only adding the physical tuning data to activate the correct channel.

YMMV