SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Angry TFTP timeouts when using Hauppauge MVP as extender

Can I add my name to the growing list of people that are getting tftp timeouts when using the extender?

Has anyone actually been told how to fix it by technical support? I can't find any evidence in the forums that they have.

I've raised a support problem and I'll have to wait and see.

I find that the tftp is timing out and the box does not boot.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

I got it to work!

Once again, I am replying to my own post!

I fixed it

At some point in the dim distant past, I'd changed my extender/placeshifter port to 433. This causes the MVP to be very unhappy and not to work! I guess that the log message that says that the Timout count has been exceeded didn't refer to the tftp but the TCP connection to port 31099 that the MVP/Server try to set up after. A little more help in the log and a little less stupidity on my part would have found out what was wrong before 1.30am when I finally went to bed last night!

Changed it back to 31099 and every thing works.
The UPnP also works becasue I can still access the server with placeshifter from work on port 443.

I will point out that the image quality is not good with the Hauppauge MVP. There are reflections in the cable which casues ghosting on the screen (I have the RGB SCART UK version). I am using a good quality lead as well! I guess it could be the TV. I'll check later.

Never mind. I'll wait for the HD extender which will drive the HDMI input on my telly and flog this SD one on EBAY or something.

Last edited by motobarsteward; 11-16-2007 at 04:26 AM.