SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-17-2007, 12:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Make MPG Import into SageTV Recordings

I'm testing out SageTV and having trouble figuring out how to import a show recorded by another pvr and reflected in SageTV recorded shows. I can import it into the media video's section, but I want all TV shows to show up in one place: "SageTV recordings".

Is there a way to do this? I tried finding this information on the forums and am probably missing it, but need some help. Thanks!
Old 11-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Sage Expert

The short answer is no. SageTV only considers "recordings" to be things it actually recorded; video from other sources is something different altogether.

There are various tools (such as the webserver) which allow you to import an XML file which describes the video you are importing, and will allow it to show up as a recording, but they require some effort to use.

Poke around in the customizations section and see if anything works for you there.

HTH,
Stu
Old 11-17-2007, 12:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Stu,
That's pretty unfortunate. Makes it a major PITA for someone moving from another PVR app with multiple recordings. Plus, for someone who might have purchased a tv show from iTunes or downloaded from another source such as a torrent.

I'll check out the webserver first as recommended and then look some more in the customizations section.

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'm testing out SageTV and having trouble figuring out how to import a show recorded by another pvr and reflected in SageTV recorded shows. I can import it into the media video's section, but I want all TV shows to show up in one place: "SageTV recordings".

Is there a way to do this? I tried finding this information on the forums and am probably missing it, but need some help. Thanks!
You can do this with Nielms web browser. You can do a search on your imported videos. Then Edit show info this will make the show an Archive and you simply unarchive it.