SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Question Client Channel Changing Delay

I have this strange issue that's popped up on my client. I know I've seen other people that have had the same issue but am unable to find those threads. I'm not sure when this started happening.

Everything works fine when I'm on my server machine. When I'm on my client it takes about 30sec to a full minute for the video to start playing. It just shows a black screen and will eventually start playing the video. I can see the cable box change the channel when the request is made but for some reason the client doesn't start playing right away.

This is on a wired gigabit network. I'm running 6.3.3. I don't understand why there should be such a huge delay in playback.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Sage

Make sure you have clock sync enabled on the client in Detailed Setup->General. If the clocks are off between the client and server this can occur.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

That option was Enabled but still the clocks were more than 30sec apart from each other. I did a time sync on the client machine and that seemed to fix it. That's kind of odd that the time being wrong would have that kind of effect on live playback. Granted, I'm not exactly a programmer but what would the time have to do with whether or not a video is playing on the client? Maybe it's a bit more complicated than my feable mind could comprehend?
Old 12-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Sage Expert

Live TV gets recorded to the drive, SageTV plays the recorded file. The SageTV wiz.bin has date, Pad, start, length and end Pad. If your client is 'in the past' then the file can't exist yet. Or something like that.

Last edited by Conejo; 12-03-2007 at 07:53 PM.