SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
If you mean you have only two speakers (or 2.1 including subwoofer), then you need to set AC3Filter to output in that format. From your screenshots you have it outputting 5.1 channel sound, which means that you're going to be missing a lot of channels if you try to feed just two speakers with it. In particular, voices tend to be on the center channel, so that could explain why voices are almost inaudible in your setup if you don't actually have a center speaker. Setting it for 2-channel output will remix the center channel content to the left and right speakers so you can hear it.
GKusnick is 100% correct. I had this problem on my office computer until I realized that I was trying to play 5.1 through 2 speakers. I just started using Sage 2 months ago.

So in short make sure AC3Filter is set to the exact number of speakers you have.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Sage User

Thank you all very much for the great tips. I switched to 2.0 stereo (the subwoofer isn't connected directly, but has its built in frequency filter) and cranked the main gain to +20, the DRC currently at +15, and the L&R gains at +5. I also set the Voice gain to +20. Now the ATSC and analog (cable) channels are somewhat in the same range of volume, but analog is still noticeably louder. While it is now at a point that I can live with it, it is still a ways away from optimal.
Any other options to even out the volume levels? Any way to dampen the analog volume only?