SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Sage User

Possible to connect HD Extender wirelessly?

hi there -

forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but i spent about 20 minutes searching before posting. i thought i'd remembered reading that the hd extender was going to have wireless n support but the product page seems only to mention wired networking. so i'm wondering which it is.

the reason this is important to me is because one of our primary televisions is in a room that doesn't have (and as a practical matter can't easily have) wired ethernet. so it would be hard for us to implement a sagetv system if this tv couldn't access the programming. i realize we could connect that tv with the wireless sd extender, but i'd really like to have hd there.

also, the review by brent evans (http://brentevans.blogspot.com/2007/...00-review.html) mentions a bundle for new users that includes the extender and the sagetv media center software for $249, but i couldn't find that on the store. is that not being offered? here's the quote from the blog: "And for potential new SageTV customers, the $249 bundle is a savings of $29.95 compared to purchasing SageTV and the HD extender separately."

thanks!
tu

Last edited by t4uecker; 12-11-2007 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

You'll need to buy some sort of ethernet to wireless bridge. There should be a "wireless solutions" thread in this forum. There are also some ethernet-powerline (transmits data over powerlines) bridges that are supposed to be good.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Administrator

There is an existing topic here:
Will a Bridge work to make Extender wireless?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Closed Thread