SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Comskip with HD Extender

So I'm likely being a bone head here... but I can't seem to make the ComSkip plug in work for the HD extender. Downloaded the latest for 6.3.5 yesterday, installed it on the server and imported it after getting the HD extender updated - it applies it but I get no comskip playback options...

am I missing something silly here? Just stock interface soup-to-nuts - nothing fancy, no other STVis installed.
Basement: HD Extender connected to Dell projector.
Back room: MVP 1000 hooked to 21" CRT TV.
Bedroom: MVP 1000 hooked to 27" CRT TV.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Sage Icon

Your extender is probably still pointing at the base SageTV3.xml.

It has it's own properties file, so you need to select an STV that has the Comskip import loaded on it.

John
Old 12-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

While on the extender I selected the comskip import in the advanced section of the setup - does that not apply properly? It says it's rev 2 (and now 3) of the SageTV3.xml shown as active. No joy.

I'm also finding several files that wont play on the HD extender (some XVID stuff) but DOES play on the old SD Extender. Odd. I'll open a ticket for that in a sec...
Old 12-15-2007, 04:46 AM
SageTVaholic

what did you install that was rev 1 of the xml? Try switching back to default and install comskip first. It does work on my hd ext.

B
Old 12-15-2007, 10:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had just applied the comskip STVi several times is all. I checked the properties files in the client folder and there were 4 of them (I had replaced two SD MVPs and didn't bother adding the new client licenses that came with the HD extenders). So this morning I plugged in the SD MVP again and the comskip plug in works fine. Eh? So on a lark I added the two extra extender licenses, fired up one of the HD Extenders, reapplied the STVi for comskip (again) and presto - comskip was working.

I have no clue what the issue at hand was... very strange. But it seems to be working now so I'm movig on with life I guess.

Now to get my drill out and pop a hole in the front of this thing - the remote issues are really driving me nuts...