SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Now the only other issue I have is with a 720p MKV file that has DTS audio. The video plays great but the audio skips every 10-15 seconds. I think it's been noticed and reported already though. I'm going to see if I can create a 480p MKV file with DTS audio and see if it's an issue of the audio or video. The file plays fine on my PC. Just not on the HD Ext.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:22 PM
Sage User

Hey Taddeusz, great stuff, thanks!

I've been doing a lot of trial-and-error regarding what to encode my DVDs into. My desire has always been .mkv container, avc/h.264 video, AC3 audio. However, like the symptom you pointed out, where if I try to advance or rewind the video at all, it jumps back to the beginning.

I'm using handbrake, and entered parameters, just as you had entered, on the h.264 tab, but still have the same issue.

Are there any other settings you change in handbrake? I'm doing AC3 audio @ 224kbps, 2-pass encoding (turbo 1st pass) and setting average bitrate to 1500 in the video tab, and have what I think are defaults on the picture settings tab (no crop, unchecked boxes for detelecine and deblock, original (fast) deinterlace, none for denoise, and both additional output options checked).

Any insight?
Old 12-31-2007, 02:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Yea, that's pretty much how I have mine setup except I upped the bitrate to 2000.

The only thing I don't like about Handbrake is that it won't do DTS pass-thru. That and the Windows GUI kind of sucks. The Mac GUI is like night and day different in comparison.

The new settings I'm using have doubled encode time. I'm not sure I'm getting that much more quality out though.