SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Nothing Fancy here, but this is the new "Simple Mini Guide" I'm working on for SageMC.

One of my TV's is really too small for the AMG to work well on, but I wanted something visually more appealing than the stock mini guides. So this is what I've come up with. It is modeled fairly closely after the EyeTV product - another of the many Apple Media Center Applications.

btl.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Very nice !
Old 05-02-2008, 07:19 AM
SageTVaholic

I really like the looks of that Bialio. Simple and easy on the eyes.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I dig that. I'll be using that one! I prefer the simple clean look.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm in the midst of some computer work at the house - so here's the SMG as pictured above if anyone wants to give it a try. I"ll add it to the download section soon.

You shouldn't install this over any other miniguides. Latest version of SageMC is recommended as well.

btl.

EDIT - there is a file that the attached STVi needs to import correctly - most people probably already have a copy of it, but if you don't (the miniguide not working is a good clue that you don't have the file!!!) download gkusnick.sagetv.zip, rename it to gkusnick.sagetv.jar, and put it in the JARs folder. Then reimport the SMG.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_SMG_1.0.xml.zip (3.5 KB, 355 views)
File Type: zip gkusnick.sagetv.zip (526.5 KB, 249 views)

Last edited by bialio; 07-05-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
I'm in the midst of some computer work at the house - so here's the SMG as pictured above if anyone wants to give it a try. I"ll add it to the download section soon.

You shouldn't install this over any other miniguides. Latest version of SageMC is recommended as well.

btl.
Are you saying one should remove the old miniguide first? Or, that installing over other miniguides will undo the older miniguides? If it's the former, then how do I go about uninstalling an old miniguide?

Mitch
Old 05-06-2008, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
Are you saying one should remove the old miniguide first? Or, that installing over other miniguides will undo the older miniguides? If it's the former, then how do I go about uninstalling an old miniguide?

Mitch
By other miniguides I mean either the AMG or the TMG. If you don't have either of those installed you should be fine....
Old 05-06-2008, 12:57 PM
SageTVaholic

IF you do have the AMG or TMG installed, you need to roll back to a version of the SageMC STV that doesn't have them and import this .STVi into that STV.

btl.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, I've tested it for all of 3 minutes and it seems to work fine.
I like how it displays the next scheduled show as well.
Good job!

Mitch
Old 05-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Nothing Fancy here, but this is the new "Simple Mini Guide" I'm working on for SageMC.

One of my TV's is really too small for the AMG to work well on, but I wanted something visually more appealing than the stock mini guides. So this is what I've come up with. It is modeled fairly closely after the EyeTV product - another of the many Apple Media Center Applications.

btl.
That looks awesome... is there anyway you can do something similar for replacing the standard OSD for showing program info??
Old 05-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

btl.
Looks great. Thanks again!
Old 05-07-2008, 12:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
That looks awesome... is there anyway you can do something similar for replacing the standard OSD for showing program info??
I've got a request in for the SageMC gods to enable customizations of those other OSD items. Eventually I'd like the info OSD and the progress bar to match.

btl.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've got a request in for the SageMC gods to enable customizations of those other OSD items. Eventually I'd like the info OSD and the progress bar to match.

btl.
Yep, would love to see that.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

You know what would be cool for the new miniguide?
As I roll through the different items in the guide, it would be neat to be able to access the given show's description. So, if I'm watching the Simpsons and see that Family Guy is on another channel, it would be neat if there was a single button entry that would display the episode description for the Family Guy.

I just thought I would throw that out there since I'm sure you don't have anything better to do.

Mitch
Old 05-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
You know what would be cool for the new miniguide?
As I roll through the different items in the guide, it would be neat to be able to access the given show's description. So, if I'm watching the Simpsons and see that Family Guy is on another channel, it would be neat if there was a single button entry that would display the episode description for the Family Guy.

I just thought I would throw that out there since I'm sure you don't have anything better to do.

Mitch
Hmmmmm.... so maybe the info button could pop up the info onscreen for the program currently selected in the mini-guide without leaving the current view??? That would be a really cool feature.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

btl.

Any updates?? Have you been working on it at all, or are you waiting until the next release of SageMC?? Have you gotten any feedback on when the next SageMC might be available?
Old 05-27-2008, 11:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Wink SageTV under highly customized MS Vista

Okay, I know this is slightly off topic, but I just had to show off my highly modified Vista Aero theme and SageTV.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

btl.
Thanks for this!! I just installed it and love it so far.. cant wait to show the wife.. the mini guide is one her fav things about sage
Old 06-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivilya View Post
Me working on this new theme... still in the works (though most of the main menu is done).

I aspire to have some functional changes though, to accommodate some personal desires, as you can see in the capture below, mainly eliminating unnecessary pages for sub menus(the TV page for example).

I'll be more then happy to get some recommendations and ideas as I'm still in the start and very flexible.

Hey! great looking theme! any chance this is available to download yet? just checkin in
thanks
Old 06-29-2008, 06:24 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by boognish View Post
Hey! great looking theme! any chance this is available to download yet? just checkin in
thanks
Sorry, I know I promised this a long time ago but I have a very busy schedule and haven't been able to get around to finish it...