SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Thanks for all the options.... here is my current main menu...

Attachment 6252
Very nice display

How would it be if the row of options would have a carrousel like (3D circle) and when selected, would display the options below in a horizontal line. That would make nice animation. With the new features, animation is the power.

Yours,
Old 12-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Thanks for all the options.... here is my current main menu...

Attachment 6252
Jusjoken:

Where did you find the reflective/glassy SageTV logo to the right on your SageMC start page?

Could you post the png file for that exact logo (i cant find it in any of my theme folders)?

I take it you replaced the default hp_start.png file in your theme folder with this slick looking logo? It looks like you use one of two modified themes:
a) Foofaraw with the Blue Two Dark Metal background OR
b) Blue Two Dark Metal with FooFaraw green menu highlights.

Thanks,

Jay
Old 12-31-2007, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Jayman,

I built a new hp_start.png (attached) from a sage logo and added the reflection.

The theme is a mix of Foofaraw, with various collected blue two graphics that I either used as is or had to adjust them to get the right reflection, size etc (using photoshop). The background was from another theme but I can't remember which.

Thanks for all the feedback.
Attached Images
File Type: png hp_start.png (35.9 KB, 1113 views)
Old 12-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Jayman,

I built a new hp_start.png (attached) from a sage logo and added the reflection.

The theme is a mix of Foofaraw, with various collected blue two graphics that I either used as is or had to adjust them to get the right reflection, size etc (using photoshop). The background was from another theme but I can't remember which.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Thanks so much for the hp_start logo! All of the posted themes look great. I had a feeling that yours was a combo of my two favorite themes.

Thanks once again and happy new year!
Old 01-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Wow! This thread is a goldmine of ideas and concepts. Great work everyone! I'm going to get working on mine right away. Thanks for the inspiration. I'll post back here if I come up with anything interesting.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:07 PM
SageTVaholic

New LG and Netflix STB Main menu

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
OMG ! That is a beaut !

I have always liked the shiny black themes .... now, if I only had some talent
Old 01-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Wow... that LG logo is gonna burn in...
Old 01-04-2008, 02:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey Guys,

So that you don't loose interest, I just thought I'd post a little teaser of something you will be able to do in the next version of SageMC. And before you ask, Yes the focused icon is in a fixed location and Yes the icons transition with smooth animation. The circle is just an example. You will be able to design pretty much any configuration you can imagine of up to 10 icons in this mode (including individual scaling and transparency).

I also have a bunch of other goodies up my sleeve. I think this will be a fun release.

Aloha,
Mike

P.S. There is quite a lot of work involved, so it's going to take at least a couple more weeks before it is ready.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh man............. Thanks Mike!!!! Very exciting!!!!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Sage Icon

Okay, so that is now like the coolest thing ever...since the release of the previous version!

Looking forward to it, and for many more late nights tweaking a layout again!
Old 01-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Wow I love that new menu idea. Has there been any thought to doing "Cover Flow" for the media library. That would be awesome on the new HD Extender.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh and here is a little variation on Front Row that I just threw together. It only works with the MCE style menu for now, but I still think it's cool. (Yes the icons _and_ the menu are animated)

Now if I could just finish programming the rest of it up. I keep getting distracted by playing with new menus.

Aloha,
Mike

Old 01-04-2008, 05:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Do you have on the fly reflections working for the icons or are they pregenerated?
Old 01-04-2008, 06:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Do you have on the fly reflections working for the icons or are they pregenerated?
They are pre-generated. I haven't even thought about how to do it on the fly. It would be a very cool feature, especially for cover art. Let me know if you have any ideas. It would be worth playing with after this new main menu system is released.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-04-2008, 06:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Hey Guys,

So that you don't loose interest, I just thought I'd post a little teaser of something you will be able to do in the next version of SageMC.
Just in time! I almost abandoned SageMC altogether!
Old 01-04-2008, 06:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
They are pre-generated. I haven't even thought about how to do it on the fly. It would be a very cool feature, especially for cover art. Let me know if you have any ideas. It would be worth playing with after this new main menu system is released.

Aloha,
Mike
A while back I was messing around with Studio trying to get that working with the album art music visulization but I couldn't do it. Sage just needs a few new image manipulations. There's no reason that something like this shouldn't be possible.

edit: All they're doing is taking an image, adding a partial reflection to the bottom, skewing the bottom left corner, and transposing a 2nd image of the corner glare effect on top of that.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 01-04-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Exactly what I was going to post here. an almost flip interface.

Dave P
Old 01-05-2008, 01:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just have to say, Mike that new layout is just awesome I hope to see a variant of it on my screen in the coming months.

Here is my current dabbling, I took the Fooforaw theme and mixed it up a bit. I just need to figure out how to get an icon for the Play DVD selection, and how to use the Dynamic menus to add more items.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...3/SageHome.png

I know it is basic, but I haven't yet come across an icon layout I like quite yet.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hey Guys,

So that you don't loose interest, I just thought I'd post a little teaser of something you will be able to do in the next version of SageMC. "snip"
Aloha,
Mike

P.S. There is quite a lot of work involved, so it's going to take at least a couple more weeks before it is ready.

Okay Mike,

I think with this version you will now have my attention for sure! I like the current SageMC ui but it felt like it has been missing something... I'm sure this version has been taking up lots of your time, but have you thought of making the icons gradually "fade" into the background. That would definately help it look very 3D! The only thing I can think of for an example is Google's Picasa, there is a way to view photos where the icons gradually fade into the background (sorry I don't have a screenshot)
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?