SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
it will be made publicly available in the api, however it currently won't work on its own like BMI does. It was primarily designed for Ortus.
That is of course until someone (after its released) wants to write a jetty front end for it
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Sage User

Interesting. Can you confirm that the BMI fanart works the same as phoenix in regards to movies? I have a very extensive fan art collection for movies I will be releasing soon. Ex:

File structure I presently use:

[Fanart folder] > Movies > [Movie Name] > Backgrounds > Background.jpg
..............................................................................Background1.jpg
.............................................................................etc.....

...................................................... > Posters > Poster.png

Also in the same folder as the movie I have for example:

Iron Man > Iron Man.mkv
.............> Ironman.mkv.properties

the .properties file lists all the relevant info that displays in the Sage details screen.

It is all in line and works by default with Plucky's Movie wall, SageMC, iMovies, and regular Sage. Can this all be loaded into Ortus? Thanks.

Last edited by chris123; 12-07-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris123 View Post
Can you confirm that the BMI fanart works the same as phoenix in regards to movies?
yes. BMT uses the phoenix api as a backend (ie all the storing / retrieving of images)
Quote:
It is all in line and works by default with Plucky's Movie wall, SageMC, iMovies, and regular Sage. Can this all be loaded into Ortus? Thanks.
yes. Ortus uses the same (with some slight nuances .. ie season fanart) folder structure. It adheres to the central fanart folder structure format.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
As Razrsharpe said really The only exception being you won't need the .properties files for Ortus but it won't hurt to include them. One other bonus of using our database is the ability to delete entries without damaging the wiz.bin or having to remove the actual media file.

Cheers

Ben
Old 12-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Sage User

Excellent. Can you post an example of a particularity in season folder structure?
Also, thanks for the info on the .properties files, how does Ortus store this information differently?
Judging from what I've seen and read, it looks like Ortus would be excellent for retrieving and sorting TV based files. How does it's functionality work in regards to music? I would love to replace that clunky Sage music browser....

Last edited by chris123; 12-07-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris123 View Post
Can you post an example of a particularity in season folder structure?
ben will have to answer that i forget right now

Quote:
Also, thanks for the info on the .properties files, how does Ortus store this information differently?
BMT creates a .properties file that sage reads and imports the information into the sage wiz.bin. Once that process is done the .properties are never used again (except to tell BMT to not redownload metadata/fanart for that file).

Ortus maintains/uses a second db that contains all the metadata information for all the mediafiles. Ortus scrapes and writes to this db directly. The ortus db and the sage wiz.bin db are linked to eachother with the mediafile ID (unique id assigned by sage to mediafiles). The ortus STV uses the ortus db as the primary source for metadata and the wiz.bin as a backup.

Quote:
Judging from what I've seen and read, it looks like Ortus would be excellent for retrieving and sorting TV based files. How does it's functionality work in regards to music? I would love to replace that clunky Sage music browser....
its too early to speak to that right now but it will NOT be anything like that clunky Sage music browser

I've probably said too much already so i think that's as detailed as an explanation that we want to give right now... until things progress farther along and start to release the api / db in some sagemc STVi's.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Sage Icon

Currently the fanart folder structure is as follows:

\\Backgrounds
\\Posters
\\Banners

\\Season0
\\Banners
\\Posters
\\Season1
\\Banners
\\Posters
etc....

Where Season0 are specials. This how its working at the moment but may change in the final version.

Cheers

Ben

Last edited by jaminben; 12-07-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Sage User

Ok! Thanks for the information. That's all I think I'll need to know.. look forward to hearing more.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:16 PM
SageTVaholic

A word of caution moving forward to the ortus team... try to avoid single digit season numbers. I'd pad them all to 2 digit.. it makes folder sorting and such MUCH easier.

Season00, Season01, Season02, etc...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 12-08-2009, 05:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
A word of caution moving forward to the ortus team... try to avoid single digit season numbers. I'd pad them all to 2 digit.. it makes folder sorting and such MUCH easier.

Season00, Season01, Season02, etc...
Yeah we have been done that route you don't have to pad them you can convert to integers for the sorting.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Great stuff. The screen caps look very nice - clean and uncluttered.

Let me know if you need help testing and debugging

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Let me know if you need help testing and debugging
Sure, Its a while off testing yet but I'll defo be asking for your help when the time comes

Cheers

Ben
Old 12-08-2009, 02:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Everything sounds good. I'm excited to see what you guys do with the way music is done. What would really be awesome is music scraping and organizing. I look forward to your initial release.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Sure, Its a while off testing yet but I'll defo be asking for your help when the time comes

Cheers

Ben
I'd also be willng to help with the development and coding.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:26 PM
SageTVaholic

A lot of us are pretty excited about the idea of automatic fanart for our music/music video libraries.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-08-2009, 06:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Yeah we have been done that route you don't have to pad them you can convert to integers for the sorting.
Obviously in the coding, you can use integers (would be the better way anyways). But just for aesthetics of the folders themselves (believe me, at some point someone will be moving/generating folders/images by hand) then the string sorting is still a nice feature.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Obviously in the coding, you can use integers (would be the better way anyways). But just for aesthetics of the folders themselves (believe me, at some point someone will be moving/generating folders/images by hand) then the string sorting is still a nice feature.
Didn't realize you were talking about folders good point
Old 12-08-2009, 07:03 PM
SageTVaholic

this is also a reason that I always, when using a date in a filename, use yyyy-mm-dd, so that when string sorted, it's still chronological. (most useful for pictures, though 'modern' photo gallery software avoids this problem by using a proper database/metadata)

Old 12-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
this is also a reason that I always, when using a date in a filename, use yyyy-mm-dd
yup me too... i normally just do yymmdd or yyyymmdd ... but ya its annoying when files with dates in them do not get sorted chronological.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-17-2009, 03:50 PM

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! I wanted to post some screenshots of my latest SageTV UI..I've actually left this alone for 3 weeks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4566332...7622896054563/

A lot of it "purloined" from others.

I also wanted to thank all of the wonderful folks who work so hard on mods for Sage, including (but not limited to) meinmaui,razrsharpe,pluckyhd, and jaminben. The best to all in the New Year!