SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Maybe Mike can add a configurable option to have touchtab hang down unobtrusively that would let you touch and popdown the toolbar. Kind of like a touchscreen mode option.
Great idea.

My plan is to use your SageProMC layout and change the graphics to match my home automation skin. Then it should look fairly seamless.

I'm using SageProMC on my HTPC and love it.

Otherwise, how hard is it to add a stop button to the OSD in SageMC? I haven't tried to use studio yet, but it's starting to look like I may have to learn it.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackham View Post
I still cant find that JAR you mentioned to fix the service mode bug. any pointers?

Dave P
Maybe the actual download was updated with that. You may just want to redownload it and install with that one.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
Great idea.

My plan is to use your SageProMC layout and change the graphics to match my home automation skin. Then it should look fairly seamless.

I'm using SageProMC on my HTPC and love it.

Otherwise, how hard is it to add a stop button to the OSD in SageMC? I haven't tried to use studio yet, but it's starting to look like I may have to learn it.
Thanks.

It's probablky not that hard. But if you don't make that an import then every new version and/or stv that comes out you'll have to do that mod to. I don't have a touchscreen but was thinking of coming up with one. I just haven't looked at all what needs to be changed.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Maybe Mike can add a configurable option to have touchtab hang down unobtrusively that would let you touch and popdown the toolbar. Kind of like a touchscreen mode option.

Gerry
I was thinking along the same lines. I have to do a compatibility update pretty soon anyway.

Let's move the touchscreen conversation to the toolbar thread so we don't hijack this one. You guys can give me a better idea of exactly what your requirements are over there.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

im running the 6.3.7 SageMC ill look if there is a new one. for some reason my sage is unstable in the NON service mode

Dave P
Old 02-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Mike:

I know this may be getting greedy... but is there any way to have both the Text view AND the Icons shown from the main menu?? What I'm thinking is more advanced animations, while still having a text interface... maybe something like the AppleTV's interface?

A second nice addition would be an option to lose the TXT descriptions for Icons that are not in focus, and perhaps have the TXT description for the active icon's size, location, and opacity, maybe even animation(?) be independant of the Icon itself.

Last edited by grooves12; 02-07-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
Mike:

I know this may be getting greedy... but is there any way to have both the Text view AND the Icons shown from the main menu?? What I'm thinking is more advanced animations, while still having a text interface... maybe something like the AppleTV's interface?
There is already limited support for this. When the text menu is in MCE mode you can choose to use the fixed focus icons instead of the default MainIconPanel.

I just finished doing a complete rewrite of the text menus for the next release in order to squash some bugs and get the behavior the way I want it. It may be possible to add the fixed focus icon display for the Sage style text menu now. It definitely won't be done for this release, but I'll look at it for the next one.

Quote:
A second nice addition would be an option to lose the TXT descriptions for Icons that are not in focus, and perhaps have the TXT description for the active icon's size, location, and opacity, maybe even animation(?) be independant of the Icon itself.
I'll look at the text part, but again it probably won't make it into this next release. Could you describe the rest of the request a bit more? I'm not quite sure I understand.

Also, I added some more goodies for the next release. You will be able to edit the size, location and opacity of all of the components within the icon (graphic, text, selectionbar) as well as change the x and y dimensions of the overall icon.

As part of this, I also went back and reworked the controls for editing the icon and fixed focus menus to eliminate the need to remember so many key mappings. All editing will be done using the arrows. Pressing 'select' (or a mouseclick) will cycle through the Move, Scale, Opacity, and Navigate modes. Hopefully once you get used to it, it will make editing easier.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-08-2008, 04:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
Ok, after re-reading this, I get it now. I just got it working tonight, so it will be in the next release. (well, all but the animation anyway)

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, I know this is a stupid question, but where do I read up on how to customize SageMC? I have done my own skins in Xlobby, and would like to figure out what is possible in SageMC, but I can't seem to find anything that points me how to create this incredible eye-candy you folks are doing!

And why isn't sage hiring you guys to enable the default skin! I mean your skins are world class, the default keeps you firmly in the reality that this is a PC based app, not a world class cutting edge, slick CE device that kicks Tivo's butt like it does with SageMC on top!
Old 02-10-2008, 11:02 PM
SageTVaholic

I just had to show off my latest favorite addon to SageMC...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...et/Netflix.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...t/Netflix1.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...t/Netflix3.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...t/Netflix5.jpg

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 02-10-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm liking the new interface, but was wondering how you all are changing what icons/animations are displayed for each menu item?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 02-14-2008, 03:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj-boonie View Post
I'm liking the new interface, but was wondering how you all are changing what icons/animations are displayed for each menu item?
To add (or change) an icon to a menu item:

1. Need to have latest version of SageMC
2. Highlight the menu item you want to add the icon for
3. Right-Click (or hit options button) and you'll see a menu screen pop up
4. Select "Main Menu Items"
5. Goto "Edit Menu Item"
6. The last option under "Edit Menu Item" is "set icon"
When you select "set icon" you can browse to the image file you would like to use for your icon.
7. Now select File>"Save Menu File"

This is also the place where you can rename a menu item, add a pin code, move an item up or down on the list of menu items and delete or add an item.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
These are some of the one's I've been playing with. I'm currently using the last one, but that may change at any given moment!

geogecko

Would you share you icons and layout file?

Thanks
Scat

Last edited by Opus4; 02-24-2008 at 04:52 PM. Reason: edited excessive quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scat View Post
geogecko

Would you share you icons and layout file?

Thanks
Scat
Unfortunately, I don't have those layout files. I was just playing around with the menu at that point, and wasn't saving anything. The icons are the default from the Liquid theme, which was done by Mike (MeInMaui), which can be found in this forum.

Currently, this is my layout, and I'm liking it pretty well. It's inspired by one of the others I saw here. The animation of the endpoint is set to fade, and works rather well. The animation for the panel (or icon in the middle) is set to slide from bottom, so it looks like it's coming out of the icon selected in the middle...pretty cool. The recording icon panel is to the left of the time, although not seen in this picture.

Here is the layout file.

horizontal_V_dip.layout

Last edited by geogecko; 03-07-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:03 PM

Here's some i did early in the week and posted in the download section.
Most of it is edited but i think i did it nicely tell me what you think please

Vista Theme
http://ninjathat.tv/previewv.jpg

Exclusive Theme
http://ninjathat.tv/previewe.jpg

Last edited by Opus4; 02-25-2008 at 09:23 PM. Reason: wide images changed to links
Old 02-26-2008, 08:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Simple layout... but very nice
Old 03-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristopher View Post
Here's my own modified version of "BlueTwo Blue Steel".

Nice. Now where are all the modified downloads, so I can be lazy and just import/load them instead of doing it myself???
Old 03-06-2008, 05:16 PM

Could you create a skin like Xface from Mediaportal.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:22 PM

How do you create a theme like that?
Old 03-06-2008, 05:37 PM
SageTVaholic

MP has a bunch of cool graphics primatives for image skewing and reflection effects that Sage just doesn't have. Hopefully they'll get added someday and then the sky will be the limit