SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Sage User

Unhappy Output resolution not saved in HD extender

It seems that the selected output resolution is always reset to the first available resolution after turning on the extender. When you select a different resolution, the selected resolution is not remembered. There is also no way to set a default resolution.

Is there a setting in the extender's ".properties" file that can be used to set the default resolution? If not, will this be fixed in a future firmware update?

-Philippe
Old 12-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by activa View Post
Is there a setting in the extender's ".properties" file that can be used to set the default resolution?
I heard that you could use nielm's auto-aspect ratio switcher, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14146 to always reset the aspect ratio to the one you want. Set the "default" ratio that you want and on playback the switcher will auto switch to that ratio. Not the best solution, but it should do the job until they come up with a true fix.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Sage User

If you are referring to the resolution (ie 720,1080), what I did was to go into the initial setup using HDMI, select no to allow sage to set the resolution,and checked 1080i only. Everytime it boots up, it starts in 1080i. You can't change resolution after that, but It seems to play everything fine no matter what the native resolution is.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

You need to use the resolution button on the remote to change the default resolution in the initial resolution configuration menu.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Sage User

The suggestions posted don't work for me.
I had to add a custom resolution (as explained elsewhere on this forum), and I want to use this custom resolution as the default. This doesn't seem to be possible.

-Philippe
Old 12-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I had to add a custom resolution (as explained elsewhere on this forum), and I want to use this custom resolution as the default. This doesn't seem to be possible.

-Philippe
Did you go in and set the overscan settings on the extender? I had something like this (always letterbox when the TV was letterbox) until I set this. After setting the overscan, it's fine (source).
Old 12-10-2008, 06:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

-Philippe
To this day, I don't think that this has been made possible. What we need is for our custom resolution to be made available in the video output setup screen of the extender. I am referring to the screen where you select the default resolution by pressing the 'video out' button on the remote. The custom resolution isn't available until the HD100 loads sage though.

If someone got a custom resolution to stay as their default resolution, let me know! I wonder if we could some how 'delete' the standard resolutions thus forcing sage to use the custom one?