SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-29-2007, 02:11 PM

6.3.5 Upgrade breaks remote control

I am running 6.2.10 and everything works great. I tried the 6.3.xx beta a short time back and everything was fine, except for my remote would no longer work. I just assumed it was because the software was in beta and reloaded 6.2.10 and things were fine. When 6.3.10 came out, I loaded it, but again my remote would no longer work. I confirmed all my settings were correct and they were. Has anyone else seen this or have a suggestion? I have a Hauppauge 45 button remote.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Administrator

See the SageTV FAQ entry about the Hauppauge remote -- if you don't check the option during installation, it will remove the SageTV section from the irremote.ini file. Either reinstall v6.3 & choose that option or check the FAQ and/or my sig lines.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:24 PM

I finally got the remote to work, except it won't change the channels. I discovered that my irremote.ini file didn't have a SageTV section (even though it had worked that way in past versions). I deleted it and let the software install the correct one. I have checked the ir blaster config and it will change the channel in that program, but once I'm in sage it never attempts to change the channel. I have of course restarted the IR program after the new irremote.ini and leave it running in the sys tray. If I can get it to change the channel, I'll be set!

Anyone have a suggestion to try or to look for? I have read the FAQs on the remote and searched the forum for some of the same type problems.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:08 PM

Ok, now I've got the remote changing channels (I deleted the recording source and re-added it). Now my last thing is when it changes the channel, it messes it up. i.e. It should change it to 116, it enters 16. There are several options in the IR blaster config to adjust. I'm sure there are lots of people out there using this same config (Hauppauge PVR-150 and ir blaster with Dish network, model 4700). Here are the settings I'm not sure of and I guess I could play with them, but would take a while.

tuning delay (ms)
inter digit delay
single digit delay (ms)

If I get it right and it works great, I'll post back.